PDA

View Full Version : need to vent!!!

turbogarrett
09-04-2004, 04:39 PM
long story short i needed to do a tire swap for my 17" street tires and figured it would be no problem with everybody and their mama rolling around on custom wheels. well after stopping at 3 tire places last night i finally got refered to a bp station garage that said they could do it- tenley's amoco(bp) at 92nd and capitol. so i dropped off the 2 wheels and new tires last night, was quoted 50 for mounting /balancing and that they would be ready around noon today. i get a phone call this morning from the guy whom i dealt with and he basically says i am a dumbass because i gave him a pair of 16" tires, knowing this is untrue i drive over there. he points to some 16" cooper all season tires and says wtf, i then walk back to the tire rack where my 17" falken tires( which i helped him set there yesterday) are sitting. "oh ok" he says then proceeds to yell at a young kid who was working there like it was his fault. i get a call a couple hours later to tell me the wheels are mounted, but they can't balance them because they have no weights? i go there to pick them up and he starts writing a new invoice for $50, i tell him that price was supposed to include balancing, he tries to tell me the original invoice did not include balancing, i show him the original invoice which is sitting on the counter and he say's " oh well the extra $10 is because it was a pain in the ass". i reply that $40 is all he's getting since he has wasted enough of my time and now i have to take them somewhere else for balancing. the icing on the cake comes as i am loading them into my car and notice small scratches all over the lips of my $500+/each volk racing wheels which i know were not there when i dropped them off. he again lies right to my face claiming that they were not responsible for them :fire , i figure since the owner was not present that i will have to deal with this on tuesday. this is truely a crock of ****, if you can't do the job don't take on the work. any reputable shops you can recommend, advice on further action(judge judy?) thanx for reading-garrett

turbogarrett
09-04-2004, 04:46 PM
i won't even get into the service i recieved at the silver spring/ hwy 100 taco bell today. all i wanted was 2 nacho cheese chalupas with steak!

nismodave
09-04-2004, 04:58 PM
Well that sucks....but you get what you pay for.

I would only trust a Reputable Wheel Shop........Like Forrest Tire.

They do all custome wheels and they have the right machines to mount LP tires.

I feel for you tho.

Pantera99GS
09-04-2004, 05:17 PM
Damn that sucks man!

I know there ARE a couple good places to go around here. I've always like Rinderle Tire on 35th and Becher- they do a lot of custom rim stuff.

Cryptic
09-04-2004, 06:19 PM
sorry to hear that garret.

that is the #1 thing that scares me about getting rims.

I have no idea where to take them where they would be mounted without any damage. I would probably take it to MRAZ in brookfield. but I would ask them to see the machines they use to mount first.

The machines they got at Mr P's for example scare the hell out of me. They look like they would ruin a finish real quick. I have used Mr P's in the past but not on anything nice. The tires on my grand prix rims were mounted there, one tire had problems holding air.

turbogarrett
09-04-2004, 06:27 PM
well the owner called me back and promised to fix what his employees did, so i guess we'll see what happens. i wasn't really trying to save a buck just thought that a place nearby would be able to take care of it.

PB86MCSS
09-04-2004, 07:18 PM
I had my 17x8 TT2's mounted at Mr. P's...scary looking place I guess ;) but they did a good job, tires hold air just fine after 2+ years and not a scratch on my rims....of course I put them on the car myself, I don't trust any shop to put wheels on :wow .

Sorry to hear about your shitty experience at that place though...its sad when shops can't do a simple job, or like you said, if they can't do it properly, don't do it at all.

Maybe we should invest in a tire mounting/wheel balancing equipment to share :D.

GTSLOW
09-04-2004, 08:42 PM
I would definately go back and complain!! "The extra $10 is Because it was a pain in the ass!" Thats some real bs right there!

Teufelhunden
09-04-2004, 09:16 PM
Garrett sorry to hear about the screw over. Ask them buy you new rims... :fire

Mr P's on hwy100 and Layton has done great work for me in the past. Ricky rules! Mounted up two 315/35r17s on my new 17x10.5 painted Corba R's...not a scratch/blemish on them when on got them back.

HITMAN
09-04-2004, 10:50 PM
Damn that sucks man!

I know there ARE a couple good places to go around here. I've always like Rinderle Tire on 35th and Becher- they do a lot of custom rim stuff.

I second Rinderle. I've been there numerous times with X-Wing, and they do some quality work there. I will also give a nod to A&A Tire Sales on Hwy 100 and Beloit. Jerry DiPiazza (owner) is a racer, and he was the only guy I would take my slicks to, to have them mounted and balanced.

Neal Steffek
09-04-2004, 11:50 PM
Big Bear Tire in Oconomowoc. Worth every penny.

BadAzzGTA89
09-04-2004, 11:50 PM
I used to work at tenley's like 6 years ago and they had a bunch of lame asses there.They had one real mechanic besides me the rest were lube techs!!And i was a teen at the time but been wrenching before i turned ten!!(Helps when pops owned shops!!)I agree Mr P's on the HWY does an awsome job rick did my GTA wheels and not a scratch !!But Mr P's on florist and 76th diffrent story :mad:
Brian

turbogarrett
09-05-2004, 10:57 AM
did i mention they also mounted one of the directional tires backwards? lesson learned. the owner says he will have my rims repaired, but with an anodized lip it will not be as simple as buffing/polishing it out. at least i still have my stock wheels around. i have had good experiences with big bear, tires plus and even sears in the past. now where can i find a taco bell with good service, i may have to make a run for the border?

Yooformula
09-05-2004, 12:01 PM
For cheap and fast, I go to Ricky at Mr.P's. He also gives the best prices in town for new tires. Forest Tire does good work also and gives decent prices on rims/tires.

lotsals1
09-05-2004, 12:18 PM
Stans automotive in south milwaukee --keith is very particular and does great work -the guys shop is always spotless -and if he thinks there may be a problem he would tell you

Bad-TSi
09-05-2004, 04:08 PM
i won't even get into the service i recieved at the silver spring/ hwy 100 taco bell today. all i wanted was 2 nacho cheese chalupas with steak!

:rolf Thats great!

But back on topic, a good High School buddy of mine is a mananger of Tires Plus in Germantown, and I trust him with all my ****. He hooks it up, and makes shure my **** gets done right. Although, i haven't heard of that particular Tires Plus ******* up anything anyway. Either way, I'm pretty mutch covered. :cool2:

scubastang
09-05-2004, 09:15 PM
+1 vote for A&A tire on Hwy 100 - they guys are real cool and the owner like hitman said is a racer. He said hes done tons of slicks/DR/low pros etc

indyzmike
09-06-2004, 07:43 AM
now where can i find a taco bell with good service, i may have to make a run for the border?

In that area, the good stuff is at Sammy's. If you order 3 Jumbo Chicago Dogs you get free fries. You can order those fries "extra crispy", then get a cherry Pepsi where they put the cherry syrup in a regular Pepsi. Glad I don't live too close.

I have had good service at the Germantown Tires Plus also. Some of the workers look scary to us old farts with all of their facial piercings, but as long as they can do tires, that's ok with me.