PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a Lawn Sweeper ?

awsomeears
03-18-2012, 08:22 AM
I can see it already that my Big yard will be a falling stick factory and other peoples leave seem to migrate towards me :)

Has anyone used these and how well do they really work ?

BTW why doesn't wrap work anymore ?

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/bradjancarik/411644_42in_lawn_sweeper_642x462.jpg

Dr.Buick
03-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Yep use all the time and a rollor

WI_Dave
03-19-2012, 09:25 AM
I have a Billy Goat gas vac. it picks up just about everything, alum. cans, bottles, leaves, sticks, ect. I use it at work for broken glass on blacktop lot and leaves/sticks on lawn in fall.

wrath
03-19-2012, 10:57 AM
In the fall I cut the grass pretty short (~2.5") and then in the spring I use a lawn sweeper to pick up nuts, twigs, et cetera. It works as a de-thatcher. It is not what it is intended to be used for but it works great for it, just have to flip the brushes around every year. It picks up leaves, but a lawn vacuum works much better. I do not use a lawn sweeper for picking up leaves because it would be faster to use a rake. The vacuum hooked to the mower reduces the size of the pile by about 50x.

I have a lawn roller made out of my last hot water heater. The previous hot water heater roller got too many holes in it...

pOrk
03-19-2012, 11:09 AM
I had one but I have so many leaves in the fall it took a rediculous amount of time to clear so I sold it and bought a big ass leaf blower. I can use the blower to dry off my motorcycles / bikes after washing etc and it takes up way less space and uses way less gas then my tractor

Haulin' Oates
03-19-2012, 11:30 AM
I had one of those and I prefer mulching and bagging my leaves now. The problem I had, as mentioned above, was that the dang thing filled up super fast. Mulching them reduces the size by a lot.