PDA

View Full Version : PC woes.....

Car Guy
03-17-2012, 10:47 AM
FYI: I am a self-proclaimed 'professional internet surfer' but my technical knowledge of computers is limited, please bear with me here.....:durr

As of late something very annoying is happening more and more on my PC. This might seem very minor but with as much time as I spend online it is driving me crazy. When I go back to a page of listings (CL, eBay, etc) after viewing an item the page view will reset to the very top instead of where it was before viewing that item. My PC is a year or so from new and as far as I know up to date with everything, I check almost daily. I have NEVER had a problem with viruses or any sort of infection.....

Any input is much appreciated! :thumbsup

BR3W CITY
03-17-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm not really sure that this is a problem with your computer, that happens to me on certain cites, with certain browsers. Did you try using chrome or whichever your not using, to see if it makes a difference? Firefox doesn't like searchetempest and amazon sometimes for me, but chrome gives her hell.

Car Guy
03-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Forgot to mention I searched online for this problem but found nothing. This might be cause I do not know exactly what this problem is or what to call it......

I'm not really sure that this is a problem with your computer, that happens to me on certain cites, with certain browsers. Did you try using chrome or whichever your not using, to see if it makes a difference? Firefox doesn't like searchetempest and amazon sometimes for me, but chrome gives her hell.

I have Internet Explorer and do not trust myself to experiment with anything else. This PC has been 99.99% flawless since buying new and I don't want to 'rock the boat' in any way if not absolutely neccesary.....

Car Guy
03-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Well well well, problem solved. I have automatic system scans scheduled every night but apparently those are quick scans. I did a full scan yesterday which took hours and three 'infections' were removed. All is well again.....

mastazero
03-19-2012, 01:11 PM
greetings from Switzerland )