PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on a Hood please!

GTSLOW
09-04-2004, 08:43 AM
Theres a guy selling this hood. What do ya guys think? Its a fiberglass camaro SS style hood. The only downside is its got GAY AZZ hood pins :punch:

Here's a pic:

http://i15.ebayimg.com/03/i/02/5d/bd/13_1_b.JPG

SSmike1
09-04-2004, 08:49 AM
DEFINATELY LOOKS BETTER THAN STOCK!!!!!!!

:banana

HOOD PINS OR NOT.

88camaro
09-04-2004, 09:56 AM
if you like the hood and getting a deal on it, i would get and take the hood pins off and put the ones you like one it or is it just all hood pin are gay.

PB86MCSS
09-04-2004, 10:22 AM
Hood pins can be cool but not on late model vehicles unless its a pure drag beast ;). I like the style hood, planning to get one on my SS *someday*, probably next spring and have Timmy finish/paint it :D.

GRNDNL
09-04-2004, 10:25 AM
I like it..... :shades

Don't like the Hood pins either but at 130 mph the corners of the hood will start to lift if you don't pin them...... :rockwoot:

Rocket Power
09-04-2004, 11:13 AM
What about using Dzus fasteners instead of pins? Less noticeable.

GTSLOW
09-04-2004, 08:36 PM
if you like the hood and getting a deal on it, i would get and take the hood pins off and put the ones you like one it or is it just all hood pin are gay.

I just don't like hood pins are cars that dont really need them. If I was running 9's with monster slicks then I'd be happy w/ em.

What about using Dzus fasteners instead of pins? Less noticeable.

Also what are these less noticable fasteners? Got any pics or a link? Are they the kind you can lock with a key?

HITMAN
09-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Dzus fasteners are the little quarter-turn screws that you see holding on the majority of plastic body panels on race cars.
http://www.tridentracing.co.uk/pics/f02.gif

They're kind of a PITA to mount and use. Just stick with the hood-pins that are already mounted to the hood. You'll be happier with them in the long run.

BadAzzGTA89
09-04-2004, 11:55 PM
If the hood is cheap enough take the pins off .Do a fiberglass repair and body filler cause im sure the hood will need a lil work to be perfect depending on there molds!!

GTSLOW
09-05-2004, 12:40 AM
Dzus fasteners are the little quarter-turn screws that you see holding on the majority of plastic body panels on race cars.
http://www.tridentracing.co.uk/pics/f02.gif

They're kind of a PITA to mount and use. Just stick with the hood-pins that are already mounted to the hood. You'll be happier with them in the long run.

I guess thats what I may do!

I'm still deciding.

T-Bag
09-05-2004, 08:13 PM
I just don't like hood pins are cars that dont really need them. If I was running 9's with monster slicks then I'd be happy w/ em.

Also what are these less noticable fasteners? Got any pics or a link? Are they the kind you can lock with a key?

There's a lot of fiberglass hoods that require hoodpins....such as mine. It's too thin to put a latch on and needs pins.

88camaro
09-06-2004, 07:28 AM
and there cheaper sometimes. mine was $200 less if i would use hood pins then using the latch.

Bad-TSi
09-06-2004, 01:23 PM
Don't like the Hood pins either but at 130 mph the corners of the hood will start to lift if you don't pin them...... :rockwoot:
Yup.

And any kind of hood is better then those god awfull lund stick on hood scoops.