PDA

View Full Version : Bike week

SilverHorse
02-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Does/ has anyone gone to Daytona Bike week? I am going for the first time this year, leaving on the 11th. Any recomendations on rides? Places to see? etc?

outlawgibbs
02-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Every year we rent Jennings for a trackday and this year it happens to work out that bike week starts that week so it'll be my first year there as well. Ill be heading down from Jennings on Sunday to Daytona

DirtyMax
02-29-2012, 01:28 PM
We have, and are still, contemplating it. I thought it would be a nice break up of winter weather but with spring hopefully coming soon, I can wait a little longer to ride. Fuel prices to trailer down the bikes down there there may be the deal breaker.

SilverHorse
02-29-2012, 02:26 PM
We have, and are still, contemplating it. I thought it would be a nice break up of winter weather but with spring hopefully coming soon, I can wait a little longer to ride. Fuel prices to trailer down the bikes down there there may be the deal breaker.

Condo prices are getting cheaper as the date nears!

DirtyMax
02-29-2012, 02:37 PM
We have a place to stay for free. It's the $1000 in gas/tolls for the truck that concerns me.

Josepy
02-29-2012, 02:56 PM
We have a place to stay for free. It's the $1000 in gas/tolls for the truck that concerns me.

Hmm I would be up to split the gas cost. Getting off work short notice would be the trick.

PureSound15
02-29-2012, 03:25 PM
I'll be down there this weekend. Only going one day so far, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtyMax
02-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Hmm I would be up to split the gas cost. Getting off work short notice would be the trick.

At this point, that may be the issue for us as well. If this gains any traction in the next few days, I will get in touch.

pOrk
02-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Bike week blows unless your a fat hardly davidson biker who likes 60 year old topless women walking around chargin 5 bucks to take a photo with them. I went 3 years, only to haul bikes to and from and ahve my gas paid for while we stayed the week in Sarasota.

Florida is a terrible state to ride a motorcycle in to begin with, hot humid and the roads are all straight as an arrow.

-stew-
02-29-2012, 05:46 PM
If i wanted to see a bunch of dudes in leather tell each other how great they are I'd take Coop up on his repeated invites to La Cage on leather night.