PDA

View Full Version : Putting $ in a CU, in the future looking to pull out a home loan

Firefighter Z
02-28-2012, 10:36 AM
I got my taxes and I am fed up with the neighbors (Townhouse). I was looking into putting my money in a CU and then next year (if the world hasn't ended yet) I would like to take out a loan for a home.

I heard Landmark was a good CU, but I'm not to sure about Guardian CU.

Are there any others?

michelle
02-28-2012, 10:43 AM
We don't have our house mortgage through Landmark (we have a land contract), but we recently switched to Landmark from Guaranty and M&I. We are very happy with the service and rates.

animal
02-28-2012, 10:52 AM
I do all my banking at guardian. So far so good, they have my mortgage, and I have gotten some awesome car loan rates there.

I guess the only thing I don't like about them is that theres no branch in west bend. :)

brotherbenn83
02-28-2012, 10:55 AM
I bank with Associated - no problems.
Have had 4 car loans thru Landmark - no problems.
House financed thru Johnson Bank in Brookfield, because I was recommended to an awesome loan guy there (Randy Pittser) - nothing bad to report here either.

88Nightmare
02-28-2012, 11:01 AM
I do all my business with the University of Wisconsin Credit Union. Very competitive rates, great customer service

Slow5oh
02-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Glacier Hills CU
and Pentagon Federal CU, No body could beat their interest rates, 2% on a 5 year loan

Moparjim
02-28-2012, 12:11 PM
I have been at Southshore CU on Layton and Nicholson I think it is for numerous years. Great rates, great service I usually dont even fill out a loan application lol. They have handled everything up to and including a giant Viper loan and loans on older cars for me that banks dont even consider touching.

Slow5oh
02-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Also not sure if you're military/ex military but USAA is a great bank to deal with.