PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling it all.

Silver350
09-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Well I think tonight got me considering selling my truck and possibly my bike.

Tonight I got home and washed my truck seeing it would been somewhat nice.. I did that and went for a ride. I got to Hwy 100 and national and the fu(king Tranny went. I have no gears, 1,2,3, D, R act as their in neutral. So I was sitting on the side of the road turn the truck off and sat for a while. I got sick of waiting Started the truck... It dropped into gear. So I decided to drive it home. got to 92nd street trans went again. Rolled it to 84 shut it off and waited. Took me an hour to get the damn thing home. So yeah my damn truck is broke again. Last weekend it was having issues too just got it back from the shop.

Now I am really thinking about fixing it and selling the damn thing. I am thinking I might get rid of the bike to and buy 1 car.

I think back and man is 2004 a bad year for me.

SlowStee
09-03-2004, 10:31 PM
Well I think tonight got me considering selling my truck and possibly my bike.

Tonight I got home and washed my truck seeing it would been somewhat nice.. I did that and went for a ride. I got to Hwy 100 and national and the fu(king Tranny went. I have no gears, 1,2,3, D, R act as their in neutral. So I was sitting on the side of the road turn the truck off and sat for a while. I got sick of waiting Started the truck... It dropped into gear. So I decided to drive it home. got to 92nd street trans went again. Rolled it to 84 shut it off and waited. Took me an hour to get the damn thing home. So yeah my damn truck is broke again. Last weekend it was having issues too just got it back from the shop.

Now I am really thinking about fixing it and selling the damn thing. I am thinking I might get rid of the bike to and buy 1 car.

damn man, i went through the same thing as you like 3 weeks ago......sorry to hear about the tranny.......the question is, what would you buy? :)

GTSLOW
09-04-2004, 01:19 AM
Wow that really sucks, thats such a sweet truck!

Mabye you could get a new model w/ a 5speed then magna charger it :wooo

Syclone0044
09-04-2004, 01:28 AM
What transmission is it? Is it factory original?

Cryptic
09-04-2004, 09:02 AM
my dad had same truck. tranny is a piece of sh!t. I think he had to rebuild it twice.

Silver350
09-04-2004, 09:35 AM
I dont know what I would get. Probally it would be another truck except I wont be sticking money into it like I did with this one.

The Tranny is factory original.

Andy, I heard bad things about the tranny's as well. At least I got a 103,000 miles out of it.

The truck will be sitting in the garage till maybe Thursday. I am going to have to have it towed. The tranny will drop into gear for like 30 seconds then after that nothing.

Anybody got friends in the towing industries?

BAD LS1
09-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Another 4L60E bites the dust.

Scooter you can't be doing 25mph reverse drops anymore buddy, yeah i know 20 ft J hooks are cool but still :goof

Silver350
09-04-2004, 01:45 PM
Hahaha J hooks yeah right that thing bearly has enough power to break both tires lose and even sometimes that doesnt happen.

Well to add insult to injury. Today I got paged into work at 6am for a network problem that was holding up production. The Network Admin that was on call walked me through trouble shooting the device because he didnt want to make the drive down to west allis to fix the fricken problem. I left work and then had to go back to work.. I get there and the guy calls my cell telling me that he doesnt need me. he figured out the problem.

So I said no biggie and left work. I stopped at the gas station to fill the bike up and a guy comes up to me. Nice bike ya da ya da. Hes checking it over and he says to me did you know that you have a screw in your tire. I look sure as ****. I said to him thanks for telling me you just saved my life. and then the hunt for a place to fix my tire began.. Luckly I found one that took care of it for me for 10 bucks. Now I just need to find a plug kit for my bike now.

unforgiven302
09-04-2004, 02:26 PM
Hahaha J hooks yeah right that thing bearly has enough power to break both tires lose and even sometimes that doesnt happen.

Well to add insult to injury. Today I got paged into work at 6am for a network problem that was holding up production. The Network Admin that was on call walked me through trouble shooting the device because he didnt want to make the drive down to west allis to fix the fricken problem. I left work and then had to go back to work.. I get there and the guy calls my cell telling me that he doesnt need me. he figured out the problem.

So I said no biggie and left work. I stopped at the gas station to fill the bike up and a guy comes up to me. Nice bike ya da ya da. Hes checking it over and he says to me did you know that you have a screw in your tire. I look sure as ****. I said to him thanks for telling me you just saved my life. and then the hunt for a place to fix my tire began.. Luckly I found one that took care of it for me for 10 bucks. Now I just need to find a plug kit for my bike now.

Damn, close call on the tire...thank god for gawkers!

GTSLOW
09-05-2004, 03:27 AM
I still say get a better tranny and whipple charger it

http://www.superchargersonline.com/product_detail.asp?PartNumber=2WIP53-040

jbiscuit
09-07-2004, 09:04 AM
Chevy Regency pick up! :wooo

Silver350
09-07-2004, 09:15 AM
Possibly. They have a manual transmission witch I would like to have again.

Today is the day the wrecker comes for the truck. :thumbsup

Red97GTP
09-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Joe Gibbs edition Chevy 1500. 5.3L V8, supercharged...my brother drove one. He works at Holz and Joe Gibbs reps brought a couple there for the employees to drive. My brother said is was easily a low 14 to high 13 second truck.

Brian

PS: Good luck with your decision!

Flight_740
09-07-2004, 12:13 PM
I just saw your truck go by on a flatbed. Atleast it still looks good. :thumbsup

Silver350
09-08-2004, 09:55 AM
LOL yeah I just washed the damn thing. Found out today the Transmission pump went and gurnaded the tranny. I have to by a new tranny for 2500. Looks like something is going to be sold either both the truck and the bike or just the Bike. I havent decided yet.

Yooformula
09-08-2004, 10:03 AM
Damm $2500?!?!??! Doesnt Speed Inc sell built trannys for less than that?

Silver350
09-08-2004, 10:44 AM
The dealer told me that they cannot do a rebuild on it. It is junk and it will cost pretty much the same to do a rebuild or have a rebuild done. So I am getting a brand new transmission.

Yooformula
09-08-2004, 10:54 AM
How about a tranny rebuild shop? Dont they sell straight out rebuilts?

Ricky Bobby
09-08-2004, 10:54 AM
dude check around dealers are the most expensive hell have a bunch of the guys off the forum throw it in its not that hard on ur truck 2500 thats a little rediculus if u ask me :confused

Silver350
09-08-2004, 10:57 AM
???? I dont know I would rather put something new in it. The way things are going I am looking to fix the truck, sell it on the street and get money for it. Then trading the bike in for another truck that way they will payoff the loan. Then using the money I got from the truck as a down payment.

jbiscuit
09-08-2004, 11:26 AM
DON'T have the dealer put a trans in. You are paying waaaaaaay too much for a trans if you drop that coin. Built a rebuilt one and sell your truck. That way you aren't dropping all that loot! $2500, it better have gold plating and come with a Bling necklace with a spinner medallion. There are lots of tranny shos in the area that would sell and install a trans for way cheaper than the dealer is decking you

I would then sell the truck and get something different. You have a lot of miles on that thing. This kind of stuff could become more regular now.

Prince Valiant
09-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Price out a Jasper Reman unit....far better and cheaper. They'll take your core and leave you with essentially a new tranny that's dyno tested before it leaves there facilities.

Syclone0044
09-08-2004, 08:17 PM
I would contact a local tranny builder like KilPatrick's or anyone that has a reputation for doing transmissions.. find someone with a reputation for good service in case anything goes wrong (always a good chance of that). You could always put a good used tranny in, from a crashed vehicle or whatever, if you do that I would match it up to your specific vehicle though, with a truck converter stall speed and governor (shift points) and 2WD (4WD?).

GTSLOW
09-08-2004, 08:35 PM
I got it sell the truck and bike and get a 2nd gen s10 and swap an ls1 or lt1 in it :D

Anakonda69
09-08-2004, 09:10 PM
whatever you do don't buy a jasper....great lakes tranny on national by the va hospital is pretty good.....i know a guy at holz whose friend also works there and rebuilds them for a living....he rebuilt my mark's 4l60e for like 700 bux....is wasn't complete junk but he had 1st and 3rd and that was it no 2nd 4th or rev....

BadAzzGTA89
09-08-2004, 09:21 PM
I have said many times before to all on here ya want a great job on a tranny for a great price go to A&A trans on 34th and STpaul Just PM me and ill hook ya up i am gonna see if i can get a club discount like the family discount i already have!They have been doing tranny's for me and my family for years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(I know the owner!!)

Corvette Jabo
09-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Joe Gibbs edition Chevy 1500. 5.3L V8, supercharged...my brother drove one. He works at Holz and Joe Gibbs reps brought a couple there for the employees to drive. My brother said is was easily a low 14 to high 13 second truck.

Brian

PS: Good luck with your decision!

They had an article in one of the mags and it turned 14'ish. That is slow!!!! Not worth the money.

BAD LS1
09-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Yeah you can buy a performance trans thats new for less :rolf

Check these hogs out:

http://www.ls1speed.com/catagory.cfm?catagory=trans

They will hold up to all of that 255 hp :rockwoot:

Silver350
09-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Even if I took my truck some were the price would still be the same. The cost that I was given was the cost of Labor, Towing, New transmission will be at a grand total of 2600 when all said and done. with Greenfields time into the truck now plus towing it is close to 1,000. so the transmission is around 1600. Witch in my opinion isnt that bad of a price. Considering it is Bran new and only a couple hundred dollars difference from a rebuilt tranny.

BAD LS1
09-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Even if I took my truck some were the price would still be the same. The cost that I was given was the cost of Labor, Towing, New transmission will be at a grand total of 2600 when all said and done. with Greenfields time into the truck now plus towing it is close to 1,000. so the transmission is around 1600. Witch in my opinion isnt that bad of a price. Considering it is Bran new and only a couple hundred dollars difference from a rebuilt tranny.

Man why didnt you just have my self or someone put the tranny in for you?

You could have bought the tranny and then only spent a couple hundred bucks in labor, that tranny is a 2hr swap in that truck including lunch :sleep

Silver350
09-09-2004, 01:07 PM
I wont ever have a friend work on my truck. Because if there is a problem and something doesnt go right and more problems arise I do not want to get into a pissing match or burn any more bridges then what I have burn and lose more friends over something stupid. I prefer to have a shop work on the truck that way if they f up on it I can ***** at them and have them cover it. And if they dont cover it I would probally get a lawsuit filed. Something I do not want to do to someone I know and see or that I am friends with.

jbiscuit
09-09-2004, 01:10 PM
I still think you are spending too much coin on that thing especially if you were considering selling the truck. Maybe you should plan on being buried in it now that you are gonna have a platinum and diamond trans with a spinner shift knob like 50 Cent

Silver350
09-09-2004, 01:17 PM
After all that has happen I am going to keep the truck and the Bike for a couple more years.

jbiscuit
09-09-2004, 01:19 PM
sell the bike and buy a Hayabusa. Sell the truck and get something with VTEC :thumbsup

GRNDNL
09-09-2004, 01:23 PM

:rolf

Your giving yourself to much credit.... :durr ....If we ALL were smart we'd sell all our junk and buy 4door Honda Civics (I'd have to tint the windows black so no one would see me driving it), save a few 100G's and retire rich at 40.......instead we'll all work till we're 80 and not have a penny to your names...of coarse we'll have a garage full of worthless junk our kids will have to get rid of once we pass on....... :cool2:

Silver350
09-09-2004, 01:26 PM
Maybe I should just sell everything and bring out the old 21 speed mountian bike. Hey its a GT. :thumbsup

BAD LS1
09-09-2004, 01:31 PM
GT eh?? great tires???

I gotta Mongoose Alta SX mountain bike, back before they were sold at big box stores, Wanna run?? :rolf

BAD LS1
09-09-2004, 01:42 PM
I wont ever have a friend work on my truck. Because if there is a problem and something doesnt go right and more problems arise I do not want to get into a pissing match or burn any more bridges then what I have burn and lose more friends over something stupid. I prefer to have a shop work on the truck that way if they f up on it I can ***** at them and have them cover it. And if they dont cover it I would probally get a lawsuit filed. Something I do not want to do to someone I know and see or that I am friends with.

Hey its about saving money, not much can be fricked up ona tranny install BTW, hell even you and tony could get that done.

jbiscuit
09-09-2004, 04:03 PM
BWWWAAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA him and Toni!!!!

Ricky Bobby
09-09-2004, 05:45 PM
hey tom bite me and j go blow him yea a tranny swap isnt hard and yea i could do it i asked him and he said no so f*** off

BAD LS1
09-09-2004, 05:50 PM
hey tom bite me and j go blow him yea a tranny swap isnt hard and yea i could do it i asked him and he said no so f*** off

Geez tony arent we a little testy??? Better go rub one out and relax or something :rolf

Ricky Bobby
09-09-2004, 06:59 PM
:popcorn OH man tommy u got me good on that one i got owned on that line right there so if u knew about scotts truck bein broke i dont see u offerin ur skills till after the fact nice friend u are :fire

Silver350
09-09-2004, 07:34 PM
Tommy It comes down to what I said in my previous post about not letting friends repair my vehicle. Tony has been a good friend to me and that is definatly one preson that I dont want to be mad at because a vehicle. As for myself. I dont know **** when it comes to motors, tranny's or what ever else mechanical aspects there are. I am more a appearance person. Hence why my truck looks the way it does but motor and everything else is stock.... I am also good with electronics examples stereo systems. everything else I dont really know anything about.

jbiscuit
09-10-2004, 01:28 PM
I just saw Tony like an hour ago! He needs to get back to work! :goof

BAD LS1
09-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Well tony...

Why would anyone offer when its scheduled to be picked up and its going to a shop. So obviously im not gonna offer, besides hed rather have a shop do it, no skin off my back...

Yes you were owned on my last post, you need to calm down a little bit, sexual frustration can and will make you a little edgy, so its understandable :thumbsup .

Ricky Bobby
09-10-2004, 05:10 PM
k tom thats all i have to say