PDA

View Full Version : Damn Dirty Dodge

350-Z28
02-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Just bought a 96 Ram 1500 4x4 with the 5.9 whats happening right now is it feels like torque converter is chattering off the line and has no power, occasionally it will jerk and then has good power and movement, also runs 2800 rpm on freeway at 70mph, pressing the overdrive button raised it to 2900 rpm so no clue if thats doing anything. Original assumption was torque converter lock up was not working.

Moving this from the classified ad I posted. Pulled 11 DTC's off this thing. P0300-P0308 (yes all 8 cylinders showing misfires) P1757 which I am to understand is a governor solenoid issue, and P0783 Gear selection 3-4 shift malfunction. From what reading I have done using googles search results indicate anything from bad trans to bad downstream o2 sensors. Looking for some guidance here, would rather not throw a trans in this beater, I mean I got a nice enough deal that I will if need be, but would rather not deal with that. My scanner did pop up with some indicated o2 sensor problems but had no DTCs for o2 sensors. Anyone have a clue?