PDA

View Full Version : Got hit today :(

BigSnailBuick
02-16-2012, 02:46 AM
So I should have stopped for a Burger at 5 Guys.... I decided nah ill eat at home and beat the rush hour traffic. (bad call) Im waiting at a red light on locust right before the freeway and got slammed. Car behind me had a girl who from what i gathered was reaching for her cellphone in her glove box and didnt look ahead. She hit me and i got smashed into a Honda crv. There was literally ZERO damage to either of their cars but I got smooshed. Hit was at about 30MPH and it actually blew my hat off my head and into the rear seat window area. 0.o Neck is a little sore but nothing to bother me. Any who I called the cops since last time I was hit I tried to be nice and exchange info.. FUCK doing that again. I got screwed last time. Front car just stayed to tell the cops what happened so I didnt get the shaft.

What was really weird is when I got hit the car revved up to 7k and bounced off the rev limiter for about 5-7 seconds. I had my foot no where near the gas.(Temp stuck throttle cable?) Either or she started smoking so I knew the radiator took some damage. Called my buddy Dan up and had him tow it to a buddies shop. Will be getting some estimates and dealing with it all tomorrow. Sadly they haven't set me up with a rental yet which needs to happen by 9am tomorrow so I can go to school and such. Already filed the claim with her insurance...will be curious to see what kinda $$$ this damage is. I think my front mount may have just missed it but cant be sure.

On another note neither of my airbags went off......im glad but damn...30mph crash where i got hit in the front and rear..would have for sure expected them to deploy?????

http://i42.tinypic.com/qnlqpk.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2dj6uf6.jpg
Scooby Blood :'(
http://i43.tinypic.com/1j9hc6.jpg

jakedrew
02-16-2012, 03:26 AM
damn that sucks. Glad you are ok.

BAD LS1
02-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Your vehicle has to be moving above a threshold MPH and has to decelerate at "x" rate for them to deploy. Getting tagged from the ass end then thrusted into the car in front is probably no where near the deceleration force needed. The only ones that would deploy with your vehicle being struck while the vheicle is not moving would be side impact bags.

Flicktitty
02-16-2012, 10:39 AM
That sucks atleast you're alright.

Best of luck with insurance stuff.

BR3W CITY
02-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Shitty, I've been in an accident near the same exact spot.

GHOSST
02-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Glad your ok bro, should be an easy fix when its all said and done.

Reaching for her phone my ass though, I bet she was texting, or facebooking. Either way shes fucked, and deserves it.

88Nightmare
02-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Glad your ok bro, should be an easy fix when its all said and done.

Reaching for her phone my ass though, I bet she was texting, or facebooking. Either way shes fucked, and deserves it.

yeah but I bet nothing will happen to her other than maybe a ticket and her insurance goes up some

Flicktitty
02-16-2012, 12:36 PM
yeah but I bet nothing will happen to her other than maybe a ticket and her insurance goes up some

What she said.

And from friends with subaru's and evo's and srt4's once that front end gets hit they total them alot of the times.

BigSnailBuick
02-16-2012, 01:34 PM
What she said.

And from friends with subaru's and evo's and srt4's once that front end gets hit they total them alot of the times.

That was a question I had...if they total a car what is the process. Do they give you bluebook for it and just let you part the thing out? Wrx's are one of those cars that sell alot higher than bluebook so I'd be getting the shaft with what I have into this thing. Doubt they will total this one but I have always been curious how that whole process works.

Problem is that my car bluebooks for $5500 MAX... which is a joke. I have 1/2 that just in tires and clutch. -.- They still go for 10k+

fivonut
02-16-2012, 03:02 PM
That was a question I had...if they total a car what is the process. Do they give you bluebook for it and just let you part the thing out? Wrx's are one of those cars that sell alot higher than bluebook so I'd be getting the shaft with what I have into this thing. Doubt they will total this one but I have always been curious how that whole process works.

They will give you market value but they take the car. You do have the option to buy it back for salvage value. You would get a check for market value minus salvage and keep the car.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Wagonbacker9
02-16-2012, 05:34 PM
They will give you market value but they take the car. You do have the option to buy it back for salvage value. You would get a check for market value minus salvage and keep the car.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Which if you have a lot of mods into it, and the space to part/work on it is really the ONLY viable option.

350-Z28
02-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Which if you have a lot of mods into it, and the space to part/work on it is really the ONLY viable option.

You could fix it yourself and put it back on the road, however then it would be branded a salvage or rebuilt title. Good luck with recovery, i was in maybe a slightly more severe accident on the 19th of december, just finished my last physical therapy and I'm 90% at best, lower back still gets sore a hell of a lot easier. My advice, lawyer up right away dont bother dealing with insurance companies, find a trustworthy lawyer (is there one?) that doesnt charge a retainer fee or whatever, see your doctor and document everything every receipt, log any unusual pain etc. Settlement wont be a whole lot but covers all your expenses, attorney fees and you could still get a couple grand out of it. Just basing it on what my accident/lawsuit is going from.

BadAzzGTA89
02-16-2012, 06:03 PM
That sucks i blow my air horns when im in the rig everytime i come up on some dumb ass texting on there phone when i am driving....

GHOSST
02-16-2012, 08:23 PM
That sucks i blow my air horns when im in the rig everytime i come up on some dumb ass texting on there phone when i am driving....

Well she was "reaching" for her phone, lol. But I guess it really doesn't matter, no one was hurt, thank goodness.

spooln30
02-16-2012, 08:30 PM
If they say its junk and you don't fix it get a hold of me. I'll buy the engine and trans. Or maybe the whole car.

spooln30
02-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Looking at the pics your Subby is far from a total loss. Theres not even front bumper damage and that maybe why your airbags didn't deploy. I've seen cars hit from the rear then hit the car in front damaging their front end and their air bags did deploy.

BigSnailBuick
02-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Looking at the pics your Subby is far from a total loss. Theres not even front bumper damage and that maybe why your airbags didn't deploy. I've seen cars hit from the rear then hit the car in front damaging their front end and their air bags did deploy.

Yea we will see how it all pans out, car is far from ruined....I just dont want to have a paint matched car..cause lets be honest it never looks right when they try to match paint. Especially a weird color like this. Ill get my buddies to give me quotes and maybe have the subby dealer look at it. I wanna hear the words we simply have to repaint the car LOL Any who her insurance is giving me the run around telling me they have to confirm this and that so I may just give this whole ordeal to my buddy who is a lawyer and let him do the talking to them. Thank God its the weekend coming up.

Yooformula
02-16-2012, 09:39 PM
if your buddy took it to a shop you know and you think they might total it due to the age, I would take all the shit out of it you can while you can. Once they total it, they take all of it and dont let you remove mods.

Reverend Cooper
02-16-2012, 09:46 PM
One call thats all David gruber,tell him I rec. you Mike Cooper from Andrew Toyota he will take great care of you if you have the need for a lawyer

BR3W CITY
02-16-2012, 10:24 PM

Problem is that my car bluebooks for $5500 MAX... which is a joke. I have 1/2 that just in tires and clutch. -.- They still go for 10k+

When my pops rolled his 9-2x the insurance company totaled it and came about 2 weeks later to get the car. All they told him was "it had to be moveable" and have "the major remaining salvageable components". Which depending on the extent of the damage could be almost anything within reason. We kept all the aftermarket stuff, swapped on the shit wheels etc. The only thing we didn't get is the nice duo tone leather. They ended up giving him 2200$ more than he payed for it, and he bought another one and swapped on all the good stuff.

BoosTT
02-17-2012, 12:25 PM
After my Honda was totaled I was allowed to remove after market parts. Have at it.

BigSnailBuick
02-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Today car was valued at $7775 without adding in mods, aftermarket wheels etc... That is just what the bank sees a stock 02' Wrx retail as. The estimate for damages through Subaru was $6680.25 and that was an open estimate since the hood couldn't be pried all the way off to look very closely at everything. Insurance still hasn't contacted me back but that will be what i have to give them. Will see what they choose to do with it.

WhatsADSM
02-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Yea that sounds like it will likely be totaled just based on the repair costs being ~85% of the value of the car.

If it gets totaled, as others have said, either quick swap the parts or plan on buying the car back for its salvage value. You can then part it out.

spooln30
02-18-2012, 10:59 PM
$6k in damage? No way. Even if that idiot couldn't get the hood opened its no where near $6k. It's just another way for our gov to get rid of lesser fuel efficient cars off the road.
Hood, rad, rad support(upper), hood latch, grill, head light( maybe) plus paint imo $3500-$3800

WhatsADSM
02-19-2012, 12:04 AM
$6k in damage? No way. Even if that idiot couldn't get the hood opened its no where near $6k. It's just another way for our gov to get rid of lesser fuel efficient cars off the road.
Hood, rad, rad support(upper), hood latch, grill, head light( maybe) plus paint imo $3500-$3800

Yea I agree 6k does seem a little steep given the pictures in the thread. However with accidents you really never know the whole amount until it is truly taken apart. Could need A/C parts, lines, sensors, etc. etc. Never know. Plus there are not pictures of the rear end, which I'm assuming has some damage as well.

Also what the hell does the government have to do with this accident? You were joking right? Or do you really think Obama called up one of his croneys and had her smash into a Subaru?

BigSnailBuick
02-19-2012, 02:15 AM
Yea I agree 6k does seem a little steep given the pictures in the thread. However with accidents you really never know the whole amount until it is truly taken apart. Could need A/C parts, lines, sensors, etc. etc. Never know. Plus there are not pictures of the rear end, which I'm assuming has some damage as well.

Also what the hell does the government have to do with this accident? You were joking right? Or do you really think Obama called up one of his croneys and had her smash into a Subaru?

LOL...yea I was even a bit taken back by 6k and thats an open estimate to boot. Gotta remember this is OEM from Subaru. $$$$

Estimate is: Gross parts: $3253 Paint materials: $550 Line item: $200(whatever that means) Tax: $204 Labor @ 42 hours $2351 +tax

BigSnailBuick
02-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Little update on the situation. The girls insurance after a week finally contacted me back and said they wont provide me with a rental car until they get the police report which takes a few weeks. The girl after telling the cop exactly how it was her fault is now saying I rammed into the car in front of me which made me stop too abruptly for her to stop. She is claiming this because my front was soo damaged and my rear only had paint scuffs LOL And they are using the fact she wasnt issued an inattentive driving ticket to help her claim. I spoke to the officer and he said..from what I gathered that he didnt see a need since we were all cool about it. I didnt mention to him that she was on her phone (which is what she told me) because I assumed she was getting a ticket so why rat her out. She should have got a ticket. Hopefully he does issue her one after speaking to the 3rd party...if they heard her also state why she hit me.

Either or now im stuck paying for everything like a rental on my own dime and billing her. I left a message with her claims adjuster that wanted my 10 minute statement...that I will be having my lawyer handle the rest. I told him he will be getting the rental car bill, quote from subaru, chiropractic bill, and every other expense she has cost me. And will receive my WRITTEN statement with the police report. Funny that this girl went and lied to waste my time and money...now I hope it bites her in the ass and she gets the ticket as well. She wanted to play hardball...well my lawyer will be hittin fielder 500 footers. Batter up... /end rant

spooln30
02-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Whatsadsm: just joking.

Op.....I hope she gets fucked. What a bitch.