PDA

View Full Version : I need BCMs input or if any Police officers know the answer

Nix
02-15-2012, 08:55 AM
I got pulled over yesterday. I live in Jefferson county in Ixonia. I pulled in the gas station in Concord and there was a State Trooper sitting along the gas station on the phone. I filled up and proceeded to leave. I pulled out and he followed behind me and flipped on the lights.

He pulled me over for having blue fog lights. They are blue LED lights. They are a brilliant blue but not bright where they would light up the road. In fact I can't see that they are on from inside the car because they don't light up the ground very much. He gave me a citation for these lights. It is $167 and 3 points.

He said if I show up to court and prove that they are back to white lights and not blue he recommends for the citation to be dropped.

I have been behind police officers and passed dozens upon dozens of police and Ive never had any problems with these lights. Why now??

He told me that if I had LEDs on my windshield wipers or elsewhere that would be fine? Well wtf! These are fog lights on the bottom of the car. I could understand that if I had a light bar on my roof with blue lights that would be an issue.

I it matters the car in question is a 2096 Chrysler 300C

Any info if this has happened to anyone else??

Prince Valiant
02-15-2012, 09:03 AM
I it matters the car in question is a 2096 Chrysler 300C
Got to be a pretty cool future car! :D

88Nightmare
02-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Blue lights on the front of a car... And a Chrysler at that... Really? Fuckin ricer. Take the shit off and be a normal person, or just buy a Honda CRX and get it done and over with already.

What the hell is the point of odd colored lights on a car? There is a red srt4 I see around uwm all the time with red lights on the front... Why????

With that being said, my motorcycle glows blue as fuck from every possible angle, and I've never heard a word from a single officer about it.

My recommendation? Remove blue lights. Go to court and get the ticket dropped. Drive home from court and reinstall blue lights.

Nix
02-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Whoops, 2006 Chrysler.

Nightmare, fornicate yourself with a steel rod.

The lights that were in there were busted and decided to do something different and replace them with blue LED lights. If that makes my car a ricer, thanks for the useless input.

. :goof

SSDude
02-15-2012, 09:27 AM
From what i see in your avatar i'd give you a ticket.

Taetsch Z-24
02-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Look at the ticket and find the statute he wrote you up under, read it and see if you really did "break it". If not show up to court anyway and plead your case to the DA with reason.

From what I remember though, white and amber are fount colors allowed, amber/red for rear.

Chris

PureSound15
02-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Is this serious? What do you need our help with?

Kill it with fire.

xxtremeteam
02-15-2012, 09:42 AM
I think the OP took his kid cougar meds today ask for help, answer given doesnt like answer so keep fighting about it hell the cop even told him how to win

DurtyKurty
02-15-2012, 09:52 AM
From what I have seen and heard is that law enforcement is very sensitive about any Red or Blue lights on the front of a vehicle. Something to do with those colors being reserved for emergency vehicles....

Nix
02-15-2012, 10:00 AM

Here is what it looks like with the headlights on.

Yooformula
02-15-2012, 10:05 AM
iirc, foglights aren't even supposed to be on unless headlights are on and it is dark/poor weather conditions out which means they can ticket you for just having them on. blue and red are reserved for emergency vehicles only. no sense in fighting it.just swap em out, get ticket dropped then replace.

nismodave
02-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Is that Blue Neon inside the car too?

i4rtXYgqaPQ

Taetsch Z-24
02-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Is this serious? What do you need our help with?

Kill it with fire.

Fire.... C4, M67.... Hell, a 2 Lbs of black powder would do it.

Chris

BoosTT
02-15-2012, 10:29 AM
LOL
Hhhmmmm.... I wonder why I got a ticket?!?!?

Rocket Power
02-15-2012, 10:31 AM
You may want to check out 347.07(2) . I wouldn't try arguing trans code or traffic law with a Trooper. It's what they do.

Blue light FTL.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Nix
02-15-2012, 10:36 AM
I should have been more specific. I was looking for anyone else that has been down this road or possibly a officer that could give specifics. Thats all really

Yoo, I appreciate your insight and it makes good sense. Im hoping they drop the ticket, but if not then no biggie. Life goes on.

I was more so surprised because I have had those lights in here for a rather long while and I drive the I94 East/West corridor from Bluemound in Waukesha to Jefferson county and I pass at least a dozen on so squad cars weekly. Weather it be a state trooper or jefferson/waukesha sheriff and Ive never had a issue. Heck, Ive even followed behind them and never had a problem. I guess they didn't care enough to lull me over or they didn't notice the lights.

Thanks again.

Dave, the youtube video was funny and no, that is the GPS on blue screen with no info on it.

Taetsch Z-24
02-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Look at the ticket and find the statute he wrote you up under, read it and see if you really did "break it". If not show up to court anyway and plead your case to the DA with reason.

From what I remember though, white and amber are fount colors allowed, amber/red for rear.

Chris

Re-Read.

WhatsADSM
02-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Just fix it. I mean those things looks way blue.

Just because you got away with it for a while doesn't mean you won't (and shouldn't) eventually get nailed for it.

Cleveland Dave
02-15-2012, 11:23 AM
i had blue fog lights on my prelude, got picked up in the dells. just got a fix it ticket. blue lights dont fly in wisconsin. i took mine out and got my ticket signed off. guess i was lucky.

Rocket Power
02-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Just fix it. I mean those things looks way blue.

Just because you got away with it for a while doesn't mean you won't (and shouldn't) eventually get nailed for it.

^This. It like the people that whine about getting a ticket for no front plate, either put it on or pay the ticket.

BR3W CITY
02-15-2012, 11:44 AM
I've got "kinda" blue bulbs in the frnt turn signals on my blazer...the prev owner put them in and I didn't care. They are so light that through the lens the barely even look blue, cops never seemed to care. BUT I used to have a strip of blue led's that lit my license plate box on an old truck, and I got warned about that. I get the same answer, Blue and Red don't belong on the front of ANY vehicle unless its an emergency vehicle.

Where's p0rk on this one....there was that little situation in Indiana that got him in some trouble.

wikked
02-15-2012, 12:13 PM
From what i see in your avatar i'd give you a ticket.
This.

I was more so surprised because I have had those lights in here for a rather long while and I... <wall of text>

I could say the same about my exhaust, or my missing front plate, etc etc... you know it's illegal, and it's only a matter of time before you drive behind/infront/pass the wrong cop.

sloLs1
02-15-2012, 12:15 PM
as stated before, blue and red lights are for emergency vehicles only...

ya you might not have been pulled over by other cops but some are just looking for reasons to make a traffic stop... never know who is driving the vehical, if they have a valid license, if they are intoxicated, ect. Some departments have officers on duty for traffic violations only or for patrol or for whatever.

basically, switch your bulbs back, go get the ticket dropped and leave them white/clear! eventually youll get hasseled again if you put the blue ones back in.... this is why i now have front plates on all my cars and my Daily drivers dont have tinted windows, exhaust, ect!

BoosTT
02-15-2012, 12:17 PM
I doubt a cop would notice AND attempt to pull somone over on I94 for blue fog lights. I wouldn't of turned them on right by a cop either.

Nix
02-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Oh believe me, Im ordering new bulbs. Im for sure not going to put the blue ones back in. Thanks again for all of your insight, fellas!

LIL EVO
02-15-2012, 02:36 PM
All troopers do for the majority of their time is vehicle and traffic code, thats why he pulled you over.

And yes those look very blue.

88Nightmare
02-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Whoops, 2006 Chrysler.

Nightmare, fornicate yourself with a steel rod.

The lights that were in there were busted and decided to do something different and replace them with blue LED lights. If that makes my car a ricer, thanks for the useless input.

. :goof

Cool story bro.

Way to be a jackass and then cry about it on a forum, and then cry again when people don't take your side or offer you a box of Kleenex.

You put stupid shit on your car, and you'll be treated like a stupid shit.

Weren't you the assbag on here crying how cops chased you out of Culvers in west allis for no reason and got out and yelled at you? If that wasn't you, you're still an assbag.

animal
02-15-2012, 04:05 PM
:popcorn

Korndogg
02-15-2012, 04:17 PM
I got pulled over 10 years ago in the dells for a blue LED light inside my truck on the floor. It reflected off my windshield just enough for the trooper to see it. Cop gave me a ticket and tried giving me 3 points. I did phone court and the DA called me and said "I don't know what the trooper was thinking but he can't give you points for this since it's not a moving violation. We'll drop the points if you pay the ticket." So I did and that was the end of that. The ticket was for "non emergency vehicle equipped with emergency lights (blue)."

GTSLOW
02-15-2012, 04:32 PM
I fucking HATE driving behind or going towards cars with blue headlights/fogs/etc... I wish they ticketed more for this!!!!!!!!!!

pOrk
02-15-2012, 04:39 PM
lols

Blue lights are illegal, remove them. Then go to court and show that you removed them. Either way go to court and get the points dropped, points are for moving violations NOT equipment violations.

For the record, I NEVER had blue lights on the exterior of any car I've ever owned and the trouble in Indiana was for speeding, nothing else.

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2012, 05:07 PM
pot meet kettle, so i guess my acura with factory HID's im a ricer and should be pulled over every 10' cause they have a bluish hue??

WhatsADSM
02-15-2012, 05:22 PM
pot meet kettle, so i guess my acura with factory HID's im a ricer and should be pulled over every 10' cause they have a bluish hue??

There is a HUGE difference between real OEM HIDs and what is being discussed here... and I'm sure you know that based on the fact that you said "hue".

OEM HIDs are fine, they are projected properly so they do not blind, and do not look "emergency vehicle" blue. In fact once warm up they hardly look blue at all. What is being discussed here is some aftermarket replacement with who knows what kind of light pattern and output that looks very much like the blue used on a police car or ambulance.

... and yes you are a ricer for owning an Acura. Welcome to the dark side :)

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2012, 05:31 PM
lol thanx it is a TL-S so it super ricer lol but just saying guy has ?able lights and is getting flamed for them cause everyone on here has had a car that had ?able stuff done to it and to each their own but to just attack someone cause they have blue lights fuck i just drove by a sunfire all flat black with red bumper covers and a mack dog bolted right in the middle of the hood, guess i should have stopped and called him all kinds of names because to me it looked f'n retarded lol

Sorry for the rant but some people on here that flap there mouth when they are no better is uncalled for.

pOrk
02-15-2012, 05:51 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwIZlwir-s2wdRfauK5TKclI13qac_txocsr8s7WZb1fcyq1aH

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2012, 06:35 PM
nah

03CVLX
02-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Im actually shocked by this part...

He told me that if I had LEDs on my windshield wipers or elsewhere that would be fine?

State Patrol LOVES busting people for illegal lighting.

My Dad works for a company that transports medical teams and sometimes the Organs also for Emergency Transplants. They have white Suburbans and a Milwaukee office, But the main office is down in Illinois so the trucks have Illinois tags on them.. Occasionally they are required to run lights and siren if its a critical surgery... State Patrol actually stopped one of their drivers for running lights and sirens. It was a Fully marked Suburban with a frigging lightbar.... Trooper didn't know who they were and felt like being a knob...

88Nightmare
02-15-2012, 07:45 PM
lol thanx it is a TL-S so it super ricer lol but just saying guy has ?able lights and is getting flamed for them cause everyone on here has had a car that had ?able stuff done to it and to each their own but to just attack someone cause they have blue lights fuck i just drove by a sunfire all flat black with red bumper covers and a mack dog bolted right in the middle of the hood, guess i should have stopped and called him all kinds of names because to me it looked f'n retarded lol

Sorry for the rant but some people on here that flap there mouth when they are no better is uncalled for.

You've gotta be fist fuckin me....

Might as well just directly quote me since I am clearly the biggest shit talker in this thread. Why avoid the obvious?

And are you seriously unable to distinguish the difference between xenon headlights and BLATANTLY OBVIOUS blue as FUCK fog lights? Who dresses you in the morning?

-stew-
02-15-2012, 07:54 PM

What the fuck does "?able" mean? You are in no position to call someone retarded after using that shit twice in one post.

michelle
02-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Questionable typing is questionable.

GTSLOW
02-15-2012, 08:17 PM

I doubt your HID's are that blue.

Also this thread is starting to dip into "winter thread quality" already, I love it!

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2012, 08:26 PM
What the fuck does "?able" mean? You are in no position to call someone retarded after using that shit twice in one post.when typing from a phone it seemed easier at the time since i figured most people on here had half a brain to figure it out sorry shouldnt have done that (questionable) was the word i was aiming for...

You've gotta be fist fuckin me....

Might as well just directly quote me since I am clearly the biggest shit talker in this thread. Why avoid the obvious?

And are you seriously unable to distinguish the difference between xenon headlights and BLATANTLY OBVIOUS blue as FUCK fog lights? Who dresses you in the morning?nope i know the difference just dont understand why u just came out of left field and started attacking him when some of ur shit boxes where barely street legal and u are gonna chew him a new one over some blue lights I mean really c'mon

88Nightmare
02-15-2012, 08:32 PM
barely legal? Cheap shitboxes or not, I have never once been pulled over for ANY EQUIPMENT VIOLATION. No weird colored lights, never for loud exhaust, never for illegal tires, never for illegal tint (whether or not I actually had illegal tint is irrelevant, I had never been stopped or ticketed for it), and never for a missing front plate. If I had been, I certainly wouldn't be on a forum crying for attention. Oh no I have obviously illegal lights on my car and I know they are illegal but I have never been stopped for them before but I need advice anyway? Advice for what, because your shit was illegal and now you have to take an hour or two out of your overwhelmingly busy life to go to court for what sounds like a 99% chance they will completely drop the ticket? Blow me. Let me know when officers start ticketing people just because their car has super high miles, is rusty, and just generally shitty.

The stupidity out of you and Nix in this thread is just off the charts.

Also keep in mind the only "barely legal" shitbox you have seen me own was a 1990 Ford Ranger purchased for $200. Ran fine, just loud.

And considering I'm a guy who owned a catless x-piped to flowmaster 40's foxbody with 5% tinted windows, a straight piped silverado with 20% tint and a tow truck light bar amongst numerous other lights, a 91 s-10 with no pick up bed and tail lights dangling from the bumper with zip ties, an isuzu pickup with a 5" sidepipe, I feel someone really has to go out of their way to get an equipment violation.

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2012, 08:51 PM
so asking a question if anyone else has been stopped for illegal lights is screaming for attention or is considered whining? I think that exhaust leaking in ur shit boxes has clouded ur judgement

88Nightmare
02-15-2012, 08:55 PM
I think smashing your derby cars has killed one too many brain cells you can never hope to recover.

Re-read the title of the thread chief, and his first post.... you can't tell me he didn't type that with some tears in his eyes.

Like I said, when you KNOW you have illegal lights, and you KNOW that the ticket isn't unfair because you KNOW your lights are illegal, just because you haven't been ticketed for it before why the fuck would it matter? HIS FUCKING THREAD ANSWERS HIS OWN QUESTION! The cop TOLD HIM he can go to court and they will drop it if he fixed his shit. WHY THE FUCK IS THIS THREAD WORTHY? Oh yeah... for attention.

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2012, 08:59 PM
well if its for attention can i get a hug at least haha