PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear

VroomPshhTsi
02-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Anyone watching the big rig episode (on History channel)?
I know a lot of people didn't like last season but this episode is awesome lol.

michelle
02-14-2012, 08:39 PM
I've been laughing. It looked pretty violent when two of the guys were taking off on that incline. Yeesh!

xxtremeteam
02-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Anyone watching the big rig episode (on History channel)?
I know a lot of people didn't like last season but this episode is awesome lol.

Its better still has a long way to awesome if Rutlege dies in this episode I will say awesome

BR3W CITY
02-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Rutledge has no practical knowledge of cars, and that goofy fuckers gives us ginger kids a bad name. Of all people, I'm really not sure why he's on the show...
Tanner is the "pro", Adam is the color commentary/comic relief, and Rutledge is...? a shart?

Wagonbacker9
02-14-2012, 09:38 PM
I have often though that the average member of this forum would be a better contribution to the show than Rut... or Adam for that matter.

I would more than happily destroy cars and make smartass remarks.

GHOSST
02-14-2012, 10:54 PM
Top Gear BCM edition?

Bet it would have better ratings than Top Gear U.S.

I'd tune in religiously.

DerangedPony
02-14-2012, 11:05 PM
They have a big rig episode? So now they are directly remaking UK Top Gear episodes?

Wagonbacker9
02-14-2012, 11:38 PM
They have a big rig episode? So now they are directly remaking UK Top Gear episodes?

When weren't they?

DerangedPony
02-14-2012, 11:49 PM
When weren't they?

When they hired the hosts.

Wagonbacker9
02-15-2012, 12:39 AM
When they hired the hosts.

Oh... touche. Very well done sir!

British_Ben
02-15-2012, 09:49 AM
You guys need to keep in mind that Top Gear UK is not a popular show just with 'Petrol Heads'. It's a popular show world wide because it's entertaining. The show is not meant to be a How It's Made version of a car show. Although How It's Made is awesome, Top Gear is made to be watched by a diverse audience, as with any show really. Honestly, having some mechanic on there babbling on about how a turbo works, not to mention that all the gear heads that care about that stuff probably already know anyway, would just be boring. Speaking of which, James May is made fun of repeatedly by the hosts and the producers (clever editing) trying to explain mechanical things related to cars.

I think Rutledge is doing just fine as a host of the American version and honestly, I thought even the first season was decent. I especially enjoyed the Alaska Special.

In reality, I think each host is trying to be a portion of Clarkson. Rutledge is the idiot that generally annoys the other two = Clarkson, Adam is the comic = Clarkson, and Tanner is the cocky and sometimes overconfident driver = Clarkson. This is why these comparisons don't really make any sense to me. I'd rather see the American version blossom into it's own show which is very good but distinctly different from the UK version and I think that's where it's headed.

Cleveland Dave
02-15-2012, 11:29 AM

watched it last night, exactly what i was thinking

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
02-15-2012, 11:50 AM
You guys need to keep in mind that Top Gear UK is not a popular show just with 'Petrol Heads'. It's a popular show world wide because it's entertaining. The show is not meant to be a How It's Made version of a car show. Although How It's Made is awesome, Top Gear is made to be watched by a diverse audience, as with any show really. Honestly, having some mechanic on there babbling on about how a turbo works, not to mention that all the gear heads that care about that stuff probably already know anyway, would just be boring. Speaking of which, James May is made fun of repeatedly by the hosts and the producers (clever editing) trying to explain mechanical things related to cars.

I think Rutledge is doing just fine as a host of the American version and honestly, I thought even the first season was decent. I especially enjoyed the Alaska Special.

In reality, I think each host is trying to be a portion of Clarkson. Rutledge is the idiot that generally annoys the other two = Clarkson, Adam is the comic = Clarkson, and Tanner is the cocky and sometimes overconfident driver = Clarkson. This is why these comparisons don't really make any sense to me. I'd rather see the American version blossom into it's own show which is very good but distinctly different from the UK version and I think that's where it's headed.
Very well put

Nickerz
02-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Its a shame they were too cheap to pay the licensing fees to show it in the US. That show is a televised abortion. UK Top Gear for life!

LEWETHETIGER73
02-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Looks like I am in the minority here. I actually like the u.s. version.

michelle
02-21-2012, 09:24 PM
I missed most of tonight's. Cliffnotes?

spooln30
02-21-2012, 09:41 PM
I also like the US version. Most of the shows are entertaining.

Cleveland Dave
02-22-2012, 10:35 AM
I missed most of tonight's. Cliffnotes?

challenger srt8 vs. mustang gt vs. camaro SS - they do a drag race, handling challenge, and top speed challenge at nascar track.
foust and rutledge relay race the boss 302 and rousch mustang against two horses.
big star small car sets new record around the track.

spooln30
02-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Aerial Atom NUF SAID.

xxtremeteam
02-28-2012, 08:42 PM
tonight is good like they finally click or because we have owned all 3 of these junkers they are trashing

srt4eh
02-29-2012, 10:49 AM
friggin Suzuki Samarai...lol

Todd Z
02-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Aerial Atom NUF SAID.

I've seen many at various tracks but yet to see somebody that could actually drive it. Someday I will get to see one at speed. They are cool but would rather have a Radical for the money.

Ricky Bobby
02-29-2012, 11:26 AM
the demo derby portion was a fucking joke oh dont hit me cause my insurance wont cover a full track shot from a real built derby car

Larrygto
02-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Man I noticed a lot of Suzukis on the road today lol

Slow5oh
02-29-2012, 02:02 PM
After this episode, I stopped giving a shit about Top gear UK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJZ0OZvji0Y

spooln30
02-29-2012, 07:28 PM
I've never seen that episode but I didn't like when he said "buy into our wars". Or the fact he's talks a lot of trash about the US.

Waver
03-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Ah, but he is always talking a lot of trash about us, just like we talk a lot of trash about the Brits.....it happens. Come on, when he calls all Camaro owners Murderers.......you know it is all in fun.