PDA

View Full Version : cmcv delete plates for 4.6l 3v Mustangs. 2005-2010

Reverend Cooper
02-12-2012, 01:57 PM
I have them,You need them,comes with plates,mounting hardware and gaskets that look good and reuseable.

should be for 2005-2010 Mustang
The charge motion valves are a unique design by Ford... The 3valve is a great engine because the airflow from intake, through the engine, and out the exhaust port is very fast. There are very few curves. This high-flow is great, but with one catch... it kills torque. This was a problem on previous mustangs.

So Ford installed closure plates right above the cylinders which slow down air and disrupts air before it enters the cylinders. This increases torque a lot, and is the answer to making such a powerful engine out of such a small block. But when torque starts to take a backseat to RPM at higher speeds and higher RPMs, those closure plates start hurting airflow, and the car will be lacking in power and not have any power on the high-end. So Ford's design has a motor built onto it, and those closure plates will open up at higher RPMs in order to squeeze out as much horsepower as possible.

So the idea of getting rid of these cool closure plates came about when people realized that even when the plates are open at high RPMs they still don't fully open, so the car is still being limited. So Steeda invented charge-motion DELETE plates, which are replacement plates that do not have the closure plates/valve/doors inside them. They're empty. Air can flow freely into the cylinders.

This link shows what they look like and how to install them as well.
http://forums.themustangsource.com/f669/cmcv-delete-plate-install-pics-452819/

$75.00 to you.

spooln30
02-13-2012, 11:09 PM
"Unique" design by Ford Coop? Other cars have had this since the early 90's. The JDM 4G63 and the Toyota 1MZFE to name a couple. Ford always sealing other companies engineering. LOL.
GLWS Coop.

Wagonbacker9
02-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Its funny when technology makes it from the import into the domestic scene, and the corresponding mods follow. LOL

My 1991 Isuzu impulse was equipped with this system. It actually had 8 intake runners. 4 of which were interrupted by similar plates.

1320PNY
02-16-2012, 07:39 PM
All me. Call me. Do I need a specific tune to run these? I have a tuner, but it's not SCT.

BAD LS1
02-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Yes they need to be shut off in the tune and the timing tables corrected that are affect by the charge motion valves.

Reverend Cooper
02-16-2012, 08:52 PM
all right they are yours sean. i will call tomorrow.

1320PNY
02-17-2012, 11:14 PM
So I talked to Coop and backed out. I'm not ready to tune my vehicle yet. I'm looking into adding cams and long-tubes and a full FRPP intake first.