PDA

View Full Version : Street Racing = Bad, Drunk Drivers = Bad, Both = REALLY BAD

WhatsADSM
02-11-2012, 11:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHMrIdnrUN4

Wow!

I know its a little wrong but since no one was seriously hurt / killed I did get a chuckle at the youtube comment:

"Thats the best 60' a hondas ever gotten."

Nickerz
02-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Sounds like he hit the brakes about 10 ft before, lol... you gotta be REALLY drunk to miss TWO cars dead stopped in the road. But honestly what are you doing dead stopped on a road with traffic unless you can roll out in time? Stupidity all around.

That_Guy
02-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Alll sorts of stupid goin on in this video!

GHOSST
02-12-2012, 12:02 AM
I just seen that the other day on another forum.

Man those exhaust notes are annoying and gay sounding.

But honestly, stopping on a highway to race is asking for all types of trouble, and someone driving drunk is one of them troubles. Double win. Luckily no one was killed.

GTSLOW
02-12-2012, 12:19 AM
Idiot ricers. I mean what do you tell the cops when they get there? We were ugh street racing and staging up in the middle of the road. I'm sure there would be lots of tickets going out.

BR3W CITY
02-12-2012, 10:30 AM
I didn't watch the whole vid, but where do we confirm "drunk"? FL freeways are RETARDED to start with...let alone STOPPING in the middle of one. I don't think you'd have to be drunk for that to happen, especially at night.
Here's my logic;
If your driving down a stretch of freeway for 20-30+ minutes, you lock onto the road and or cars ahead of you and you just drive. The idea being that on a freeway, those cars will remain doing the same direction and of a somewhat constant speed. Its not like you worry about things like intersections of sudden speed changes. On top of that, 2 cars stopped side by side will APPEAR to be MOVING at the same speed from far enough behind. The mind will tell you "its ok" since NOTHING in most peoples heads will assume that 2 cars are stopped side by side in lanes of traffic. Its SO dumb that it defies common logic, and thusly any reaction has to be judged with the same tinge.

That being said, the truck either had a serious issue with reaction time (drunk, a female, etc) or there is something directly before or after the video we don't see.

GHOSST
02-12-2012, 11:44 AM
I didn't watch the whole vid, but where do we confirm "drunk"? FL freeways are RETARDED to start with...let alone STOPPING in the middle of one. I don't think you'd have to be drunk for that to happen, especially at night.

I was wondering that too. Its probably some scuttlebutt justification the racers immediately used to take as much fault off of them as possible.

This reminds me of that one on ramp people used to race on. I forget the name, but it curved slightly.

BadAzzGTA89
02-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Could have been way worse someone could have died from that stupid act!
If they felt the need to race do it at the track#1 or a big industrial park area..
I mean who the hell stops on a main road like that?
I bet they did this on a strait away after a big curve or something.

GHOSST
02-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Could have been way worse someone could have died from that stupid act!
If they felt the need to race do it at the track#1 or a big industrial park area..
I mean who the hell stops on a main road like that?
I bet they did this on a strait away after a big curve or something.

You wanna know who? Just key into those awesome exhaust notes. :)

Sprayaway Fox
02-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Damn that V tec kicked in YO!

Nix
02-12-2012, 06:46 PM
It's the ricers fault. Had they not been staging to race on a public road especially a highway then it would not have happened. No race, no accident. Or so one would like to think.

If he driver of the truck was inebriated then who knows what would have happened. What I do know is that if the ricers would not have been staging to race on a highway this would not have happened.

Thread/

WhatsADSM
02-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Here's my logic;
If your driving down a stretch of freeway for 20-30+ minutes, you lock onto the road and or cars ahead of you and you just drive. The idea being that on a freeway, those cars will remain doing the same direction and of a somewhat constant speed. Its not like you worry about things like intersections of sudden speed changes. On top of that, 2 cars stopped side by side will APPEAR to be MOVING at the same speed from far enough behind. The mind will tell you "its ok" since NOTHING in most peoples heads will assume that 2 cars are stopped side by side in lanes of traffic. Its SO dumb that it defies common logic, and thusly any reaction has to be judged with the same tinge.

That being said, the truck either had a serious issue with reaction time (drunk, a female, etc) or there is something directly before or after the video we don't see.

I was wondering that too. Its probably some scuttlebutt justification the racers immediately used to take as much fault off of them as possible.

This reminds me of that one on ramp people used to race on. I forget the name, but it curved slightly.

It's the ricers fault. Had they not been staging to race on a public road especially a highway then it would not have happened. No race, no accident. Or so one would like to think.

If he driver of the truck was inebriated then who knows what would have happened. What I do know is that if the ricers would not have been staging to race on a highway this would not have happened.

Thread/

I agree the ricers are certainly to blame.

However to think the suv driver is not in part to blame is silly. That could have just as easily been a stalled car. If you drive on the freeway you need to be aware period. Also by your logic had the SUV not been there or been paying attention there would be no accident. It's a two car accident here.

Nix
02-12-2012, 08:11 PM
I never said it was 100% their fault.I supposed that I should have thrown in some percentages in my post. Maybe like, 90%-10%. I do realize that it takes two. If it was a stalled car then I would like to think they at the very least would have their hazards on.

In a multi car accident there is never just one vehicles fault. Even if I get rear-ended Im still at some fault just for being here. It sucks but it's true.

BAD 09 G8
02-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Freaking crazy. Why did it take over a minute for someone to say "call 911"

88Nightmare
02-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Here's my logic;

so if he wasn't drunk and was just visually locked (1,000 yard stare as I've heard it called) then that's called inattentive driving, making him partially at fault. Wouldn't it occur to you that as you see those two cars side by side, they are getting closer and closer very quickly? Everyone standing there and all 3 vehicles are to blame.

animal
02-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Isn't street racing a felony in FL? Ouch for all of them lol.

Waver
02-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Meh, just another Honda taken off the road....no big loss. Serves the dumbass ricer right.

BR3W CITY
02-14-2012, 10:45 AM
so if he wasn't drunk and was just visually locked (1,000 yard stare as I've heard it called) then that's called inattentive driving, making him partially at fault. Wouldn't it occur to you that as you see those two cars side by side, they are getting closer and closer very quickly? Everyone standing there and all 3 vehicles are to blame.

Sure....he'll get the minimum 10% fault for being there....I'm sure ANY tv lawyer will take a case that starts "2 street racing hondas were parking on the interstate".

WhatsADSM
02-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Sure....he'll get the minimum 10% fault for being there....I'm sure ANY tv lawyer will take a case that starts "2 street racing hondas were parking on the interstate".

If the SUV driver was in fact drunk then I'm sure it will be far more. I suspect this is a weird case of all parties doing stupid shit and quite frankly I'm not sure how the law/insurance companies deal with dumb shit like that.

I agree with Nightmare. If you are on the road you simply can't crash into people. Period. You HAVE to be aware that you are extremely rapidly approaching another vehicle at over 50mph closing speeds!
IMHO you are WAY more than 10% at fault if hit someone on the freeway even if they are parked. Remember that guy that was knocked over the Hoan Bridge last year that was stranded on the side of the road? If I were the one that knocked him over, I surely wouldn't expect to sleep well knowing I was only 10% at fault.

88Nightmare
02-14-2012, 03:29 PM
This. ^

Would you argue that the guy who broke down on the side of the Hoan accidentally tripped and stumbled into traffic, causing him to get knocked off the bridge and fall to his death? Or is it the person who hit him at fault because they didn't do everything they could have done to avoid hitting him or the stranded vehicle by perhaps moving over a lane, slowing down, or simply just paying more attention.

What if no one was street racing and there was just a car that broke down on the highway. Say the driver wasn't able to get it completely out of the traffic lane, and then someone flies up behind him, rear ends him and then flips over. Who's at fault? The driver that broke down, or the driver who rear ended him? The answer: Both.

In this circumstance, drunk or not, you can't just park on the highway. And the SUV driver needs to be aware of how quickly he is approaching another vehicle. Inattentive driving is inattentive driving.

Russ Jerome
02-14-2012, 08:01 PM
I've grown so tired and insenced of stupid people I cant help but slow down and point and laugh at idiots, I would have slowed knowing what happened and heckeled the driver. Im on the road driving a lot, when I see accidents I find myself circling in hopes Im asked to be a witness "The clown speeding in that car hit this idiot on the phone in this car".