PDA

View Full Version : Best work boots

Dr.Buick
02-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Im going threw boots every 6 months looking at the red backs but dam 185 bucks

what do you guys use

Russ Jerome
02-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Check out the sears on blumound and.moreland, never a fan of expensive boots the Timberland Pro's at $125 are comfortable and I'm 7 months into them, work 10 to 12plus hrs a day on concrete and climbing.

88Nightmare
02-06-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm still a fan of my redwings. Put a nice pair of gel insoles in them. My first pair lasted 7 years. Currently on 30 months on my new pair and still going strong, except I have some paint stuck to them from my last job

pOrk
02-06-2012, 10:05 AM
My first pair of redwings lasted 3 years, my current pair are falling apart after a year and a half. For 150 bucks, I think they should last longer then a year and a half. But maybe I'm expecting too much out of them? Then again, I guess I've been working 14 hours a day or so for the last 6 months, so maybe its time for a new pair :)

Moparjim
02-06-2012, 02:27 PM
I wear various Military Surplus. On Craigslist, Ebay, etc. you can find some super nice boots steel toe even and very comfortable for a steal. In fact, I think I bought my last few pair from someone one here even! I figure if they are good enough to hoof it mile upon mile in Afghanistan, etc. they are good enough for work sites!

BR3W CITY
02-06-2012, 03:32 PM
I never needed the ankle support, just a comfortable (light) steel toe. I ended up buying Cat steel toed shoes. They were only $65, lasted about 2 years, with an insole added about halfway through. I liked them because they were easy to drive in, unlike some of the bigger boots I've owned.

TransAm12sec
02-06-2012, 04:57 PM
I bought these steel toed Red Wings in 2010 at Heim's Shoe Store in Grafton. Also purchased a $2.00 insert from Target over the summer.

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/RedWingShoeCompany/06612_IS?$Safety_Footwear_MainProduct$&align=0,.75

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/6612-red-wing-shoes/6612-red-wing-mens-oxford-black

It was cheaper at the store than online.

-stew-
02-06-2012, 05:21 PM
I get a pair of boots every year. Been wearing Red Wing King Toes for the last year, these are my third pair. Love them, warm, comfortable and light. The safety toe in them is not steal, but rather a composite. Another boot I like is the Caterpillar Indiana. Very comfortable and warm. I will be getting another pair in a few months. Both of these boots are eight inch boots.

Dr.Buick
02-06-2012, 05:32 PM
I ordered the red backs see how I loke them for 200 buck i better feel like im on air

Rocket Power
02-06-2012, 06:24 PM
I loved my timberland Pro Titan's. Light for a saftey toe, and comfortable right off the bat. I even wore them on my days off. I still have my last pair, just don't wear work boots to work anymore ;)

1320PNY
02-06-2012, 06:46 PM
I buy Timberland Pro Titans now. I did get some slip on Red Wing steel toes for sales calls. I used to buy the CAT Indiana when they called out styles by State names. I think for twice the money, the Timberland is more than twice the boot CAT makes. I do think Redwings are nice, but for another $60 over the Timberland, they are not going to last much longer.

Slow5oh
02-06-2012, 07:12 PM
3 Years on my Timberland pros, wear em every day in and out of work

Z06 KID
02-06-2012, 07:20 PM
two guys i work with used red backs and they didn't like them. they fell apart within 6 months. however ones pair got warrantied for free but still a hassle. myself, i like caterpillar boots. comfortable, good support not ridiculously expensive. just needs a decent insole but i like mine a lot

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
02-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Timberland Pro Pitboss 6" no questions asked http://www.amazon.com/Timberland-Mens-Pitboss-Steel-Toe-Boot/dp/B000XETPPY

Slow5oh
02-06-2012, 07:50 PM
These are the ones that I have I couldn't think of the model

http://www.amazon.com/Timberland-Mens-Endurance-Waterproof-Work/dp/B002ASAKIW/ref=pd_sbs_shoe_2

Reverend Cooper
02-06-2012, 08:02 PM
I like rockports but they r not steel toe

86GUTLASS
02-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Im on my second pair of steel toe Red Backs.First pair lasted 3 years only reason i replaced them was the steel toe was worn through and my feet would get wet..The bottoms of them were hardly worn.The ones I have look like this

brotherbenn83
02-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Timberland Titan Pro's. Composite Aluminum safety toe, effective and still light. Been on them for 12-13 months and I'm about ready for a new pair, 50-60hrs/week on concrete fixing cars.

badass88gt
02-07-2012, 11:40 AM
I just bought a pair of Keen boots and they are pretty comfortable now that I wore them for a few days. They hurt one foot at first but they are good now, I bought them off the recommendations of coworkers. They cost about $120.

Russ Jerome
02-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Glad to see all the Timberland feedback, thought I was alone in hating those hard as a rock and overpriced Red Wings! Wife found Timberlands for $89 on Amazon. Weight of a shoe is a big deal with me too, climbing 12ltr truck motors and ladders on top of trailers is a bitch with heavy shoes.

Gregor
02-08-2012, 10:08 PM
The last 2 Timberland Pro's I have had split at the sole and side by the ball of the foot. Not impressed with them. They breath horrible and sweat up really fast.

The ones that I have now are Redwing King toes. Love them, best summer boot, for winter I use a Carhartt Gortex high boot. The Carhartt is a very warm almost as warm as my Army Mickey Mouse boot. Those are the warmest boots I have ever worn. I almost have to keep them in the garage and put them on cold.
But not a good boot to wear around since 1 of 2 thing happens people want to know were I got them or I end up feeling tired from wearing them because there so damn heavy.

The other pair I got from TWC and they were Redwing linemans boots. With a week of oiling and wearing the sides would flop over like my Jungle boots.

So Redwings for the win.

BigSnailBuick
02-09-2012, 01:43 AM
3 Years on my Timberland pros, wear em every day in and out of work

Tim pro's dont break...PERIOD

However I do agree with Gregor. They dont breath well. But I cant destroy mine no matter what I do.