PDA

View Full Version : First possible CCW shooting?

Lash
01-31-2012, 06:19 PM
:thumbsup

http://fox6now.com/2012/01/31/shots-fired-inside-aldi-store-during-attempted-armed-robbery/

bikedad
01-31-2012, 07:01 PM
Can only hope but I fear the shooter probably didn't have a permit.

Xephona
01-31-2012, 07:07 PM
Didn't even specify if he was concealing or not. Just standard news reporters attempting to spawn drama by listing irrelevant questions with no "real" basis behind them.

Nickerz
02-01-2012, 01:40 AM
"Milwaukee police say the customer is expected to report to the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s office for his role in stopping the crime."

LOL if the guy is a fucking idiot.

BigSnailBuick
02-01-2012, 02:29 AM
"Milwaukee police say the customer is expected to report to the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s office for his role in stopping the crime."

LOL if the guy is a fucking idiot.

Im with this guy..even if he had a ccw...if no one saw you or knew you and everyone knows u didnt commit a crime and are in fact a hero... why bother? Chances are he doesnt want some ghetto dbag wannabes coming to his house and knowing who busted up their homeboy after he is all over the media.. Stay low good sir..this will all pass lol

pOrk
02-01-2012, 07:59 AM
lol I was thinking the same thing, the right thing to do would be go in but in this liberal state if nobody knows who I am I or the fact I was there I'd rather avoid the issue altogether. Then again if the guy didn't stick around at the scene I'm guessing this wasn't an open and shut case to begin with.

88Nightmare
02-01-2012, 08:37 AM
I think you guys are reading into it wrong... The way I interpreted it, he DID stick around, police took any pertinent info from him, and now the DA would like to speak with him about a few other things. I don't think they are making a broad statement about the person, I think they know exactly who he is and are just saying he has an appointment to talk to the DA, and are simply using pronouns such as "he" in reference to him instead of his actual name just to conceal his identity for the time being. I'm going to guess they just want his side and verify whether or not he has a permit, which I'm not sure, but I don't believe officers are able to check in a matter of seconds like they can a drivers license.

If the guy has a valid ccw permit and stopped a crime and no one innocent was hurt in the process, then I'm sure he will get his proper 30 seconds of fame on the news in the next day or two.

pOrk
02-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Mike, I'm positive they can check the validity of a CCW permit right away. If they couldn't, what exactly would be the point of carrying the permit to begin with?

WI_Dave
02-01-2012, 10:03 AM
He also better not say he shot just to stop a robbery, or he can get charged. He has to of been stopping what he believed to be an imminent threat to himself or another person. The news teaser was making it sound like he didnt have a permit but I did not get to see the story this morning before work.

BR3W CITY
02-01-2012, 10:56 AM
I wouldn't go in, not a fucking chance. If the DA is calling a few days later, it means that he's got 10 voicemails from people like Lee Holloway because his constituents are getting shot up. This IS wisconsin after all. Even if he doesn't get charged, I'd be looking for a new place to live.

88Nightmare
02-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Don't draw your weapon and pull the trigger if you aren't prepared to handle what happens next...

Wagonbacker9
02-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Rowell says he was fed up, so he applied and was granted a permit to carry a concealed weapon to protect his business. “Then, I can take matters into my own hands, like what this guy did at Aldi last night,” Rowell said.

Not what its for... lol

Z28Envy
02-01-2012, 02:10 PM
They do have the ability to check permits right away just like a drivers license. I have heard them do it up here in Sheboygan county over the scanner.

88Nightmare
02-01-2012, 03:48 PM
They do have the ability to check permits right away just like a drivers license. I have heard them do it up here in Sheboygan county over the scanner.

Maybe it depends on the municipality. Local officers in some Milwaukee suburbs have told me otherwise

spooln30
02-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Supposedly he has a permit. He will not get charged with any crime. Only a warning about carrying in a no-carry business.
Funny that for businesses that have a no-carry rule will be more subject to getting robed. Sad.

88Nightmare
02-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Funny that for businesses that have a no-carry rule will be more subject to getting robed. Sad.

This.

Unless I missed it, we should start a list of good local companies to support that DO allow ccw

Rocket Power
02-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Maybe it depends on the municipality. Local officers in some Milwaukee suburbs have told me otherwiseYou can check under certain circumstances. You can't just check willy nilly, that is a misdemeanor. Now each municipality may have its own policies in addition to that.

88Nightmare
02-01-2012, 05:42 PM
You can check under certain circumstances. You can't just check willy nilly, that is a misdemeanor. Now each municipality may have its own policies in addition to that.

Just going off of what officers told me.

Z28Envy
02-01-2012, 06:20 PM
When I heard them run it, they had pulled the guy over after some sort of domestic that had happened and the wife or whatever she was told them he would probably be armed. They ran his permit which was valid and the serial number of his gun to see if it was stolen.

pOrk
02-02-2012, 06:24 AM
That also store doesn't have proper signage, so they can suck a dick with that warning

spooln30
02-02-2012, 08:38 AM
I talked with my uncle who is a Milwaukee D tec and he said they might make an example out of him cuz he's the first one involved in a shooting. Mainly to show the public that even if you have a permit you can't play super hero anytime you want. I though that was interesting and makes sense. So the guy could be facing a Reckless Endangering Human Safety with a firearm.

pOrk
02-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Yea, great example they will make out of him. Let the criminals get away with whatever they want, wonder why Crime is such an issue in Milwaukee. Whos to say the guy didn't know EXACTLY where he was shooting, looked beyond his target to be sure to bystanders were present, etc?

spooln30
02-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Hey I'm against him getting charged, I think he did the right thing. It's just politics and the city flexing its muscles, in the wrong area of course. It will be totally BS if he does get charged. The city should flex its muscles and prevent the crimes so citizens don't have to. Then risk facing prosecution if they do. If you look at the crime stats for the city of Milwaukee ( 443 crimes per sq mile vs 41.3 nation average) the ability to carry a concealed weapon will only better our city over time IMHO.

Slow5oh
02-02-2012, 07:50 PM
taken from WCI facebook page

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn293/quick93fox/ccww.jpg

Crawlin
02-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Nice...

like what was said, if they try and "make an example" that's just gonna end up being bad for the state as a whole.

Would the STORE be the one to press the issue of carrying in their location with a no weapons sign? If that would be the case, I would assume that the store owners might be changing their mind about the signage, or at the very least looking to thank the guy instead of try and make an example.

like what's been said though, poor unfortunate family of the person shot. He was such an upstanding citizen robbing an aldi's with his friends. He had such a bright future stepping up to bank robbery and possibly murder. But THEY are the victims, not the person who could have been injured/killed that was just at work contributing to society.

PS - is that statistic real? I mean I thought we had a topic about moving INTO milwaukee areas that said milwaukee was perfectly safe and just as safe as any other spot in SE Wisconsin? That stat makes it seem like Milwaukee is 1000% worse than the national average.

Xephona
02-02-2012, 08:33 PM
PS - is that statistic real? I mean I thought we had a topic about moving INTO milwaukee areas that said milwaukee was perfectly safe and just as safe as any other spot in SE Wisconsin? That stat makes it seem like Milwaukee is 1000% worse than the national average.

Milwaukee is pretty much double in every category the national average as of 2006:

http://milwaukee.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm

Slow5oh
02-02-2012, 08:52 PM
neighborhoodscout.com

milwaukee is worse then compton lol and only slightly better then detroit.

BR3W CITY
02-03-2012, 05:51 PM
lol isn't that partially because Compton has been HUGELY invested in as an urban renewal because its the posterchild for the ghetto, and it borders carson which has a large amount of industry for the area. Milwaukee is the fucking hood, we all need to get out. I think we need a BCM colony somewhere warm.

Just saw more on the news, no charges being pressed, and the guy is getting good press. Honestly, I'm REALLY glad it was a black guy with a Muslim name DOING the shooting. Proves that EVERYONE has the right to carry a gun to defend themselves, and its not just us crazy rednecks.

SSmike1
02-03-2012, 07:15 PM
No Charges! AWESOME! I am so happy for the guy! He was on a TV interview. He said, "When he turned towards me, and aimed his shotgun at me, ALL I REMEMBER after that, was My gun going Bang, bang, Bang!"
end of story! Store Video backed up his story!
MY KIND OF MAN! Milwaukee DA says, No Charges!!!!!!!
:)

michelle
02-03-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm glad he didn't get charged.

Crawlin
02-03-2012, 08:16 PM
That was awesome on the news... the guys say something along the lines of, "... and maybe this will open up the minds of stores with no weapons signs up, cause it didn't stop the bad guy from bringing the gun in"

that was awesome. And as racist as it is, I am glad as well it as not a white person involved in this, because then it would have been classified as a hate crime.

73MACH
02-04-2012, 12:36 PM
That was awesome on the news... the guys say something along the lines of, "... and maybe this will open up the minds of stores with no weapons signs up, cause it didn't stop the bad guy from bringing the gun in"

that was awesome. And as racist as it is, I am glad as well it as not a white person involved in this, because then it would have been classified as a hate crime.

I was saying the same thing last nite to some friends, hopefully Aldi's and alot of other stores change their policies accordingly because of this.

70 cutlass 442
02-06-2012, 01:16 AM
PDQ in Waukesha removed their sign recently... And after noticing a no weapons sign at Machine shed in Pewaukee, I emailed the GM... He replied the next day that the sign had been removed. Glad to see some people using some basic logic!

GHOSST
02-07-2012, 06:41 PM
This is great!

Sucks it always has to be about race to some people. But I guess it can't be avoided.

All I see is the message, lowlifes are all shades and colors, and I hope this makes all those even thinking about committing crimes, to think twice.

This is awesome.