PDA

View Full Version : A day like today

Dr.Buick
01-31-2012, 01:23 PM
how many have or would take out there summer cars today?

If I had the Challenger at home I would be driving it. Not the GN's thoe

Wagonbacker9
01-31-2012, 01:27 PM
thought about doing a warm-up cycle today, but she's staying home.

WhatsADSM
01-31-2012, 01:31 PM
Ridiculously warm, but yea too much work to take the fun car out. Not to mention all the salt on the roads still. :(

Does make it easy to look forward to spring!

Prince Valiant
01-31-2012, 01:43 PM
No taking out the truck....but I did bike to work today.

cyclone70
01-31-2012, 01:52 PM
Started and ran mine today, but did not leave garage. Side streets here still have snow and the main roads are puddles of salt water :-(
Definitely looking forward to spring :-)

bikedad
01-31-2012, 01:56 PM
Went to the storage unit to run it today. I wouldn't take it out though. Too sloppy out.

michelle
01-31-2012, 02:08 PM
I like the temperature and sun. Not the salt.

Wagonbacker9
01-31-2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I DEFINITELY can't wait for spring. Making payments on 3800 lbs that is keeping my garage floor from floating away is killing me.

From my warmup today:
Startup
http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad51/Wagonbacker9/GTO/th_8bad6ae6.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/albums/ad51/Wagonbacker9/GTO/?action=view&current=8bad6ae6.mp4)
Rev
http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad51/Wagonbacker9/GTO/th_dea18f10.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/albums/ad51/Wagonbacker9/GTO/?action=view&current=dea18f10.mp4)

I'm impressed with the iphone's vid/aud quality..

Josepy
01-31-2012, 02:36 PM
I am not quite sure where i put my car for storage this year. Meh, I'm sure it will show up in spring.

noeggs4u
01-31-2012, 02:39 PM
Sounds very nice.

animal
01-31-2012, 02:41 PM
one of my summer cars is out today :)

-stew-
01-31-2012, 03:06 PM
Today's weather forced me to walk into my bosses office and demand the rest of the week off. Loaded up a bunch of tools and am heading out to my dads house in the morning to spend a few days working on my truck. Hoping to have it on the road and home Thursday. Tonight i will be ordering some parts to get the ZRX back together and hope to have that back on the road, well running and ride-able by the end of February. Serious case of spring fever!!

bikedad
01-31-2012, 03:15 PM
Warming up vid. Shot from my Galaxy SII...

http://youtu.be/bF4KsUAUQ2w?hd=1

(Not sure why Youtube embed doesn't work)

BoosTT
01-31-2012, 03:30 PM
I would need to reinstate my insurance before taking it out. Its parked in my garage so deep, I letterally need to crawl through the rear hatch to get in (after climbing untop of other items to get to the hatch!). LOL

0TransAm0
01-31-2012, 03:37 PM
I am not quite sure where i put my car for storage this year. Meh, I'm sure it will show up in spring.

It's in my garage and will cost you the Harley to get it :-)

I didn't take mine out but I am getting some things taken care of on it since its nice out. I do not have a heated garage its nice to be able to work in a long sleave shirt. Also pulled the riding mower out of the shed and changed the oil and sharpened the cutting blades.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

Ricky Bobby
01-31-2012, 03:45 PM
would love to but my carb is still fucked will be pulling if off and dropping by jims soon enough

jbiscuit
01-31-2012, 05:42 PM
saw a couple nice cars out today: 65 Mustang, a couple super clean Fox bodies and a Lightning. Looks like the Ford guys don't care about the salt :rolf

Wagonbacker9
01-31-2012, 05:45 PM
I'd be tempted to swap on my FAST with this nice weather, but I'm not sure I'd be able to get it to start afterward, as I'm upsizing the injectors with the intake.

Plus, i've got a nice propane heater now so... it may be more fun to do in the dead of sub-zero winter. lol

05caddyext
01-31-2012, 07:42 PM
Always heard it was a bad idea to warm-up a car that is in storage for winter. Builds up moisture in the exhaust among other things. I never started my car while in storage, just better to let it sit for the entire winter. Then always put in fresh gas and oil right away in spring.

lilws6
01-31-2012, 07:42 PM
ive got spring fever really bad i've got parts coming in the mail to put on the car and i want to drive it real bad :)

Josepy
01-31-2012, 08:21 PM
It's in my garage and will cost you the Harley to get it :-)

I didn't take mine out but I am getting some things taken care of on it since its nice out. I do not have a heated garage its nice to be able to work in a long sleave shirt. Also pulled the riding mower out of the shed and changed the oil and sharpened the cutting blades.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

Ahh so you have it. yeah we might be able to work that deal out.

stealthy1ss
01-31-2012, 09:01 PM
I am just going to wait until spring until I drive my car around.

Josepy do you have a car for GT Track Days?

Josepy
01-31-2012, 09:14 PM
I am just going to wait until spring until I drive my car around.

Josepy do you have a car for GT Track Days?

Umm yes My TA. New radiator going in this spring. Gonna pound the piss outta her this year.

stealthy1ss
01-31-2012, 09:22 PM
N/A or with blower? Either way I hope that you Turtle and I get a chance to go at it from 5 to 10. Turtle and I have no chance anywhere else!

Josepy
01-31-2012, 09:31 PM
N/A or with blower? Either way I hope that you Turtle and I get a chance to go at it from 5 to 10. Turtle and I have no chance anywhere else!

Blower still. i would like to add water meth yet also. It was heat soaking bad last year and the car was getting to warm.

Wagonbacker9
01-31-2012, 10:21 PM
Always heard it was a bad idea to warm-up a car that is in storage for winter. Builds up moisture in the exhaust among other things. I never started my car while in storage, just better to let it sit for the entire winter. Then always put in fresh gas and oil right away in spring.

Stainless exhaust for one, and for another, I let it warm up completely (let it run for about a minute after 160 (temp of my t-stat) was reached). I would also argue that the benefits of being warmed up once a month, circulate the oil, spin the belt, etc vastly outweigh any detrement done to the exhaust.

I'll be doing an oil change in spring due to the cam swap... as for gas, I stabilized mine.

xxtremeteam
01-31-2012, 10:24 PM
Mine wont start or movie until at least april been parked since oct 1st

Waver
02-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Stainless exhaust for one, and for another, I let it warm up completely (let it run for about a minute after 160 (temp of my t-stat) was reached). I would also argue that the benefits of being warmed up once a month, circulate the oil, spin the belt, etc vastly outweigh any detrement done to the exhaust.

I'll be doing an oil change in spring due to the cam swap... as for gas, I stabilized mine.

That is what I have been doing with mine.....It is hard not giving in to temptation to take it out though.

Larrygto
02-01-2012, 05:36 PM
I worked on my car yesterday, it was nice to be able to work with the garage door open.

-stew-
02-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Went and delivered a boat with my dad. Put a battery in the truck, got one tank out, got the other half out. While i was working under the truck, my dad fucked around and pulled a bunch of the plow shit off. Plan for tomorrow is to get the other tank out, get the new tanks in, new fuel lines, new starter, LOF, and check the front end out. Great day to be laying under a truck in the driveway!

CATNHAT
02-01-2012, 08:44 PM
washed my truck yesterday by hand. dirty again today but 50+ on January 31 rare so why not. cars got dead battery and is super clean under cover. wait til the roads get a little cleaner but very tempting.

Nickerz
02-01-2012, 10:54 PM
I feel like a junkie. I'm frothing at the mouth at the possibility of some rain tomorrow. All we need is one good rain storm and I'll be out for a beat run.

-stew-
02-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Started Wednesday, just got done today. Two new used fuel tanks and brackets, new sending units, new switching valve and fuel lines from the tank to the valve. New steering stabilizer, front shocks, front pads, calipers and master cylinder. Got the plow pump off, and cleaned up the wiring from that. Changed the oil and greased the front end, put a new battery in as well as a new starter. Everything was a shit show from the word go. Helping my dad with some things ate a lot of time, but it was good to spend some time with him. Fuel leaking from one of the tanks made removing shitty rusted to fuck 22 year old hardware tough. Oh yeah, one of the tanks I put in leaks. Awesome.