PDA

View Full Version : LAM Race Engines of Kenosha

SilverHorse
01-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Has anyone heard of LAM Race Engines of Kenosha? If so what do you think/what have you heard about their engines?

GHOSST
01-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Nobody? That should tell you something on here bro. lol

spooln30
01-31-2012, 05:15 AM
LAME Racing Engines, never heard of them. LOL.

SilverHorse
01-31-2012, 06:16 AM
Thanks for the response. I was hoping that someone would have heard of them and if anyone had this should be the place. They have an engine out on craigslist that i was kicking around but now i don't know. It was going in a 70 numbers matching chevelle 396 that i wanted to pull the original motor and stick in a crate. This would have been a good/easy way to get it up and running by spring. Any words of wisdom on this posting??? Is it worth 4G?

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/2824748222.html

WilliamZ
01-31-2012, 06:39 AM
I think a few DSM guys have used them with good results!

JC70SS
01-31-2012, 08:06 AM
Two things, why not a 454? You can get one for the same price. Second, 11:1 is pushing the limit with iron heads on 93 octane.

GHOSST
01-31-2012, 09:37 AM
I don't know man, so much more better things out there for the money. Plus its kinda suspect when nothing pops up on google for LAM racing, probably just a name they use, no real affiliation, they probably just race. But I'd shoot for something else..

BR3W CITY
01-31-2012, 12:10 PM
I liken it to the guys that put new exhaust manifolds and valve covers on a junkyard 350, with a coat of hugger orange and call it a "fresh engine"

SilverHorse
01-31-2012, 08:09 PM
I don't know man, so much more better things out there for the money. Plus its kinda suspect when nothing pops up on google for LAM racing, probably just a name they use, no real affiliation, they probably just race. But I'd shoot for something else..

I agree 100%, that is why i posted the question on here.

Two things, why not a 454? You can get one for the same price. Second, 11:1 is pushing the limit with iron heads on 93 octane.

I was originally looking for a 454 but just found this advertised locally. Actually the guts of a car engine scare the hell out of me, I don't know nearly what i should for looking into the project. Still learning. Just trolling the internet for knowledge. I did notice that 11:1 was higher then the other engines i was looking at (GM crate motor). The crate 454's didn't have much more then this was advertised to be. I also don't really know any reputable motor guys around here either.

cyclone70
01-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Reputation and word of mouth are critical. I always had my engine work done at MPG engines ( now in Gurnee) never had any concerns with their work. And when I win powerball I will drive right back here to Michigan and have Steve Morris build me a rocket !!! But till then I would trust people you know and their recommendations.

GHOSST
02-01-2012, 07:01 AM
Well there's a shit ton of reputable motor guys around, ask up!

juicedimpss
02-01-2012, 09:12 AM
LAM has been around for years. I thikn they are more prevalent in the circle track market. I have never personally tried them for any work so I really don't have an opinion either way about them.

Dr.Buick
02-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Well there's a shit ton of reputable motor guys around, ask up!
I will NEVER have a nother engine built arould here. NO one has a Clue on what they are doing.

Duttweiler
Morris
Proline
TNT
all are great but bring the check book

JC70SS
02-01-2012, 12:04 PM
C&S certainly does.

I will NEVER have a nother engine built arould here. NO one has a Clue on what they are doing.

Duttweiler
Morris
Proline
TNT
all are great but bring the check book

Dr.Buick
02-01-2012, 12:38 PM
If you say so

JC70SS
02-01-2012, 01:03 PM
I guess. Let me guess an engine they built for you failed? Remember credibility is key.

Dr.Buick
02-01-2012, 01:10 PM
I guess. Let me guess an engine they built for you failed? Remember credibility is key.

Nope

just guys listed have forgot more than anyone around here will ever know. and make more power and have been faster than anyone around here!

Just spent 14g on a v6 with duttweiler and 900HP out of a 3.8 that will last for years not going to happen around here! SORRY

WickedSix
02-01-2012, 04:54 PM
I think thats a bit of a non-sequitor.... the OP is looking for what sounds to be a fairly mildly built BBC to replace a numbers matching 396 they want to store....

saying I spent 14g on a 900 hp v6 that'll last years..... sounds to me a bit like saying .. hey you should have NASA build your motor for a million dollars because precision is their thing...they got a monkey up and back alive and all the russians could do was send a dog up and have it come back to earth as chinese food.....

michelle
02-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Let's see it actually last years too.

cyclone70
02-01-2012, 05:47 PM
If it ain't broke your not trying hard enough :)

Dr.Buick
02-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Let's see it actually last years too.

last one lasted 10 years, and had as many miles as you lol

SilverHorse
02-01-2012, 06:05 PM
I think thats a bit of a non-sequitor.... the OP is looking for what sounds to be a fairly mildly built BBC to replace a numbers matching 396 they want to store....

saying I spent 14g on a 900 hp v6 that'll last years..... sounds to me a bit like saying .. hey you should have NASA build your motor for a million dollars because precision is their thing...they got a monkey up and back alive and all the russians could do was send a dog up and have it come back to earth as chinese food.....

You hit it right on the head, A little bigger is good but nothing that will drive major changes to the car. Now just to decide which way to go???? Sounds like LAM will not be the direction.

pnad
02-08-2012, 07:49 PM
I heard of LAM way back in the early 90's when I had friends racing Sprints and Modifieds at Wilmot. I would trust Russ at LAM with anything. If you call him with info on the engine he probably will remember building it and talk your ear off with details.

I never had them put together a rotating assembly for me but had plenty of machine work done there. Head/valve work, engine boring and bitchass broken bolts in turbos. Very reasonable prices.

I will say this, second to last time I called there some jackass answered the phone and was douchy. From that point I would only talk to Russ. If he wasn't there I called back later.

BR3W CITY
02-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Just spent 14g on a v6 with duttweiler and 900HP out of a 3.8 that will last for years not going to happen around here! SORRY

I guess that proves....nothing, besides that you have a shit ton of extra money. I might come off as a hater, but I guess I'd probably do that too...
Aside from that, I'm sure some of the people who might not be able to build a 900hp v6, might still be able to do a good job on a mid-power v8.