PDA

View Full Version : Stereo system I may buy....

awsomeears
01-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Denon DHT-1312BA A/V Home Theater Receiver with Boston Acoustics MCS 160 5.1 Surround Speaker System

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-DHT-1312BA-Receiver-Acoustics-Surround/dp/B004U40598

I heard the same exact setup when ultimate electronics was two months from closing, buddy worked there and was like " Check this out "

Sat me down and we watched 1/4 of Transformers, I was BLOWN away how Fucking Loud and Clean this setup was, yea any system can get loud and give you a headache but this setup was very clean and crisp, and that was in a rather Big Ass building. My Family room is 14x16

Now I'm NOT a guru for this stuff so maybe my stiffy needs to get checked :rolf what are you thoughts on this system ?

For $500 I'm interested !!!

Reverend Cooper
01-29-2012, 04:49 PM
i have a denon set up in the livingroom you cant go wrong

awsomeears
01-29-2012, 05:00 PM
i have a denon set up in the livingroom you cant go wrong

Sweet....

Nix
01-29-2012, 05:03 PM
I was looking in to something very similar to this a couple years or so ago. My father has a Bose 321 setup and after hearing and seeing how simple that setup was I ended up going with the Bose over the other one.

It sounds excellent, very clean and crisp. Also it is very compact, simple to use and it dose anything and everything you need it to. Depending on what you need they can be had anywhere from $350 and up. Obviously starting at $350 used on ebay. Also Bose offers a warranty. What I did was bought mine used and went to the Bose outlet in Johnson Creek and paid $100 for a lifetime warranty. With that they will fix anything and everything with the subwoofer/headunit. I dont know if you can still do it that way or not.

Im just putting in my 2 cents.

Good luck with your search!!

Josepy
01-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Denon is good stuff. When I get my system that is what it will be.

PureSound15
01-29-2012, 05:33 PM
No highs, no lows ... Must be Bose. Crap.

Denon is a great receiver but their speakers are a little lack luster in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reverend Cooper
01-29-2012, 06:15 PM
thats why i got the jbl's but its all personal taste

UnderPSI
01-29-2012, 06:21 PM
I have three denons All awesome. Stay away from bose. If you think that sounds good listen to anything else and it will sound better.

Wagonbacker9
01-29-2012, 06:21 PM
I'd agree. I love my Denon AVR 591. I've got mix and match speakers and all and all it works very well.

awsomeears
01-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Wow surprised at the Denon owners on here......

I think I will be buying it...

Nix
01-29-2012, 06:39 PM
As said above, all about personal taste. I use to work at American TV and I heard all sorts of different setups/combos over a period of time. I honestly do enjoy my Bose system. Maybe becuase I only use it once in a while for movies or football and on the rare occasion music but to my ears it sounds good.

Im not saying the Denon stuff is junk at all. In fact the stuff I heard long ago was great. The Bose to me sounds good and was very user friendly and simple to hook up. There are only four components and you're done. The headunit, subwoofer and two satalite speakers. This was another reason I went with the Bose. The thing that stinks, they are all so damn expensive! I can't believe that Im the only one that thinks Bose is a nice sounding setup. :(

Like Coop said, everyone has their own personal taste. None of them are garbage. If they were there would be no demand and they wouldn't be on the market. They are all doing something right. I also have a set of Bose headphones for work and they are the best sounding, lightweight and easily folding headphones I've ever owned.

I just put in two more cents ;)

BR3W CITY
01-29-2012, 06:42 PM
I also have a Denon unit, and its extremely nice. My speakers are pretty crappy re-brands from an old surround system I had, but even they sound decent on the system.

Wagonbacker9
01-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Wow surprised at the Denon owners on here......

I think I will be buying it...

I'm a little surprised myself. I figured we'd at least have a good Onkyo representation as well, as those typically come in 1 and 2 on most peoples' opinions. Onkyo was (for what its worth) the other brand I considered when I was shopping, I just came by a deal on this denon that had all the features I wanted first.

Reverend Cooper
01-29-2012, 06:55 PM
i have all onkyo in my basement and its great also,but just not as good as the dennon

Lash
01-29-2012, 07:24 PM
An Onkyo/Yamaha set-up is usually the best bang for the buck. Is there better? Of course....at a price. But even the most basic Onkyo/ Yamaha setup will beat every HTIB. Usually the people who like Bose are old people who don't know any better.

Lash
01-29-2012, 07:27 PM
The one in the first post is a decent deal. It should sound pretty good.

05caddyext
01-29-2012, 07:29 PM
Ive got a denon receiver also. Have the mtx aal2230's for front speakers and just a set of blaupunkt rears. Never had a better receiver, and I've owned a lot of stereos. Have a Carver amp for the aal2230's, they hit exremely hard. (dual 12's) in each tower.

mr.gone1985
01-29-2012, 07:39 PM
I have two Denon units in my house. Both sound great and have them each running Klipsch speakers. When it comes to buying a system, I would listen to as many different speakers as possible. Then buy the best speakers you can afford. The Klipsch sound great for music or movies.

BR3W CITY
01-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Ive got a denon receiver also. Have the mtx aal2230's for front speakers and just a set of blaupunkt rears. Never had a better receiver, and I've owned a lot of stereos. Have a Carver amp for the aal2230's, they hit exremely hard. (dual 12's) in each tower.

Used to have a big Carver preamp. Oldschool as hell, but could pound 2 entire floors of my dorms back in the day. I REALLY wish I could have it setup with my Denon, I run my turntable through it and it sounds wonderful. Unfortunately one day it just died.

Lash
01-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Somebody I know has one of the older carver amps with the vac tubes coming out of the top. Those things were the sh!t and they looked awesome!

WilliamZ
01-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Bose Blows... The only thing they do have right is marketing to people that don't know about A/V

If a small system is what you'd want I'd check out the Onkyo receiver+speaker packages. We typically do Integra receivers which is the high-line of Onkyo.

A comparable package would be this http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S7409-5-1-Channel-Network-Receiver/dp/B005EP2HKW/ref=sr_du_4_map?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1327898126&sr=1-4 which is a little cheaper than the Denon right now.

The Denon package isn't a bad choice either!

jbiscuit
01-30-2012, 06:25 PM
love my onkyo setup!!