PDA

View Full Version : Built Prerunner Tacoma on CL

BR3W CITY
01-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Was taking a browse through the local for sale ad's trying to find a new daily. Doesn't exactly fit the bill for practicality but looks freaking cool.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/2811543540.html
http://images.craigslist.org/5Nb5Gf5H23I63F93M1c1q44987a4cbeff1841.jpg

Kinda makes a guy wanna throw practicality out the door. I mean, I don't think my stepside would get too jealous. Texted with the owner, seems nice and had alot of details.

GTSLOW
01-28-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm sure all the steel would do great with the Wisconsin salt.

BR3W CITY
01-28-2012, 11:10 PM
lol ya. If it were pc'd you wouldn't have much to worry about, but thats only about 300ft of tubing to worry about keeping clean

Wagonbacker9
01-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Just found that on CL myself. Looks pretty sweet, and if he has half of what he claims into it, 10K is a steal.

GHOSST
01-29-2012, 12:41 AM
That thing is cool!

BR3W CITY
01-29-2012, 10:59 AM
I might go look at it later today or tomorrow. Been talking to the guy a bit. Its got a full stock drivetrain and interior/hvac/audio and a 20gal fuel tank so it actually could be "reliable" transportation....by lenient standards lol. I just like it because its really unique, and it would mean I could continue my streak of 10 years and almost 20 cars without 4wd, despite the fact that every year i say I'm going to buy a 4x4.

WickedSix
01-30-2012, 08:36 AM
there are literally hundreds of these toyotas running around southern california, great fun in a high speed desert run, not so much in terrain you find out here.... unless u can find a class up in Crandon to run it in

GTSLOW
01-30-2012, 02:36 PM
there are literally hundreds of these toyotas running around southern california, great fun in a high speed desert run, not so much in terrain you find out here.... unless u can find a class up in Crandon to run it in

Cali is flooded with "pre-runners" IMO there's more street queens out there than real ones. Like mentioned this one does look nice for the price. I've also seen taco's put thru hell on mostly stock drivetrains so I'd say go for it if it's pratical.

BR3W CITY
01-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Took a look at it this afternoon. Very cool piece but some important things stuck out.
1. It had been rolled (kind of a big thing not to mention)
2. Front shocks needed re-valving soon
3. windshield was cracked from rollover, and replacing it would be impossible without repairing the cab

I did really like it, and the owner was a very cool guy. I actually liked the way it rode and drove, but too many little things just kept adding up. Honestly for the price, you were buying a well built frame and stock driveline, the cab needs replacement, and the steering rack is fucked.
It was the worth the trip out, but no go. Too bad, makes me want to build one now.

spooln30
01-31-2012, 04:32 AM
Cool truck. Those are great drivetrains. Moms 4Runner is about to hit 200k with never any major problems and it still runs and drives like new. No wonder why the guy didn't take pics of the right side where the damage is. He did state there was damage on the right side and roof but forgot to mention it rolled. Haha.

GTSLOW
01-31-2012, 07:29 AM
Wow how the fuck do you not mention something like that?? Did he even say anything about it not being mentioned? I would have walked away from something like that because if something big wasn't mentioned what else wasn't?

Car Guy
01-31-2012, 08:01 AM
If something seems to good to be true, it usually is......

Rocket Power
01-31-2012, 09:33 AM
Wow how the fuck do you not mention something like that?? Did he even say anything about it not being mentioned? I would have walked away from something like that because if something big wasn't mentioned what else wasn't?I drove all teh way to ann arbor after seeing pics of a car, talking to the owner and asking all kinds of questions. Get there and it has the wrong exhaust,which is rotted, a booger welded driver door hinge and was the heater core was leaking with a cold engine.

Some people will leave out stuff hoping you won't notice,or will fall in love, to get a sale.

BR3W CITY
01-31-2012, 12:08 PM
"some dents on passenger side and roof" is a lot different than "rolled it in an offroad park, and now the doors don't open from the outside"
No big deal, wasn't that far away and I had nowhere to be.

Car Guy
01-31-2012, 12:10 PM
I drove 20 hours with a truck and open car trailer for a `67 Coronet in KY. Gas and the trailer rental was at least $300 not to mention an entire Sunday pissed away. The seller forgot to mention since the pictures in the ad were taken the car "came out of park on its own" and rolled into the corner of his full size block garage at ~20mph. I was about 20 years old at the time and was in such shock I must have looked frozen stiff. I could not stop thinking of how I could murder the seller and get away with it.....

BR3W CITY
01-31-2012, 12:32 PM
I've been to KY, you could have just killed him and left....I really don't think they would notice or care.

BoosTT
01-31-2012, 01:22 PM
i drove 20 hours with a truck and open car trailer for a `67 coronet in ky. Gas and the trailer rental was at least $300 not to mention an entire sunday pissed away. The seller forgot to mention since the pictures in the ad were taken the car "came out of park on its own" and rolled into the corner of his full size block garage at ~20mph. I was about 20 years old at the time and was in such shock i must have looked frozen stiff. I could not stop thinking of how i could murder the seller and get away with it.....

wow.