PDA

View Full Version : Prince has Tiger blood!

STANMAN
01-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Hell yeah baby!!!! As a long time Detroit fan I am STOKED! Loved watching his dad play there, now I get to watch him play there to. Wish Comerica had the same HR friendly dimensions as old Tiger Stadium. I wonder what Cecil thinks about his son playing there. Hopefully they give Prince number 45!!!

CATNHAT
01-24-2012, 05:08 PM
I think he will get whatever number he wants. What happens to Cabrera?

I remember the good old days at Tiger stadium, corner of Michigan an Trumbull. Better be carrying at least a .40 to go there now.

This is big for Detroit and no one saw this coming!

1:06-1:20!!
MUvPUANJZrQ

Lash
01-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Go figure. The most broke city in the country gets one of the highest paid players.

CATNHAT
01-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Go figure. The most broke city in the country gets one of the highest paid players.
the city may be broke but Mike Illitch isnt! Dayammm can you imagine! How much $$ is that per pitch based on 2011 stats?

Prince Valiant
01-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Um, actually tigers go around bragging that they've got MY blood.

PB86MCSS
01-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Didn't see that, I wonder what the next highest bid was too...didn't think he would get 8+ years from anyone. Good for him, glad he's out of the NL for the Brewers sake. Credit Illitch for willing to spend.

michelle
01-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Expensive contract.

Nix
01-24-2012, 10:56 PM
I think he will get whatever number he wants. What happens to Cabrera?

I remember the good old days at Tiger stadium, corner of Michigan an Trumble. Better be carrying at least a .40 to go there now.

This is big for Detroit and no one saw this coming!

1:06-1:20!!
MUvPUANJZrQ

The talk is that Cabrera will play the DH role and Fielder at first.

Im glad that Prince got the type deal he was lookig for. He is a great ball player and I wish him the best. Yet again like it was with Favre when he left GB I have seen and heard people ripping the shit outta Prince for leaving Milwaukee. I don't get it. It's his career and his decision. Anyone one of us would do the same.

Im not certain but is Detroits park hitter friendly? Im gonna miss that big lug. :(

On another positive note, atleast him and Pujols are both out of the NLs hair!

GHOSST
01-25-2012, 06:04 AM
Detroit are building some franchises man.. Pretty cool.

CATNHAT
01-25-2012, 07:48 AM
Between Suh, Fielder, Cabrera, and Martinez, some of the Detroit Restaurants are going to do pretty well! Some hefty RICH fellas there!

STANMAN
01-25-2012, 07:50 AM
Comerica will be better for Fielder being a left handed bat, but Comerica isn't a hitters park. (it is a gorgeous stadium though)

Comerica:
Left field – 345 feet (105 m)
Left-center – 370 feet (113 m)
Center field – 420 feet (128 m)
Right-center – 365 feet (111 m)
Right field – 330 feet (101 m)

vs.

Miller Park

Left Field - 344 feet (105 m)
Left-Center - 371 feet (113 m) (Not Posted)
Center Field - 400 feet (122 m)
Right-Center - 374 feet (114 m)
Right Field - 345 feet (105 m) (Not Posted)

PB86MCSS
01-25-2012, 10:13 PM
....Yet again like it was with Favre when he left GB I have seen and heard people ripping the shit outta Prince for leaving Milwaukee. I don't get it. It's his career and his decision. Anyone one of us would do the same....

Fielder's situation is nothing like Favre's relating to Green Bay (free agent vs retiring then coming back on your own terms and forcing the team iinto a tough situation) and I'm sorry for even countering that as it was nice to not talk about #4 for pretty much the past 12 months :D .

If anything this is similar to when Molitor left the Brewers, wanted more money and is entitled to it, more power to him. Team wasn't going to commit that much to one player. Although Molitor was older and thought to be past his prime too, which wasn't the case as it turned out.

Nix
01-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Tell that to the people ripping on him because they think he left. The situation is similar because of people who are uneducated about the situation at hand. People who feel he betrayed them becuase he went to another team.

Does that make more sense? I should have explained what I was meaning better.

GHOSST
01-26-2012, 06:27 AM
Tell that to the people ripping on him because they think he left. The situation is similar because of people who are uneducated about the situation at hand. People who feel he betrayed them becuase he went to another team.

Does that make more sense? I should have explained what I was meaning better.

True. I hate when people don't know sports and act like they do.. But you know, I found facts and figures shut them up real quick.

JC70SS
01-26-2012, 07:27 PM
I personally will never support him again period! He turned his backs on us, no loyalty towards Brewer fans, I have none for him.....Joe Bu says F you Prince Fielder.

flyin_blue_egg
01-27-2012, 12:27 PM
I personally will never support him again period! He turned his backs on us, no loyalty towards Brewer fans, I have none for him.....Joe Bu says F you Prince Fielder.

I think the brewers turned there backs on Fielder. It was well known that once he started asking for around 10 yrs and $200+ mil. that the brewers weren't gonna resign him. Hell their GM even came out and publically stated they couldn't afford him. Fielder was a great power hitter and deserved the money he got, why the brewers didn't think so I have no idea.

As a cubs fan though I love it. Now Fielder and Pujols are out of the NL all together. Only have to worry about them for a few games/year max.

JC70SS
01-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Oh the Brewers knew he was worth X dollars, but his greed was to much. If you or I won $4 million we would be beyond ourselves. Now the Brewers offered 5 yrs $100 mil. What the fuck can a person do with $100 mil to begin with? Not to mention he mad 15 mil in 2011. He just doesn't give a flying F*** about Brewers fans. Braun signed for far less than I believe his market value was at the time. He is a team player and truly loves the organization, city and fans.

DoubleAron
01-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Nice hair in the press conference, trying to look the part of that crap hole city already I see.

PB86MCSS
01-28-2012, 11:00 AM
I don't have any ill will towards him. It's similar to when CC left, probably a better comparable than Molitor. Guy is going to get much more than the Brewers can afford, why the hell would he stay? The Brewers last offer was 5 years 100 million, he got 9 for 214...that's not greed, it's common sense. There are times when both sides know it's not going to work out, it's a business. Brewers can't afford that and I'm glad they didn't feel like splurging. In 5-6 years that contract will probably look really bad for the Tigers. I'm rooting for them in the meantime, better than the Red Sox/Yankees/Angels and even Rangers winning it, IMO.

Braun signed his first extension when had no leverage, it was a guaranteed 40 million or so (give or take) for a player with not even one year of experience. The most he would of earned through this first deal isn't a ton more than he got. Then the Brewers dished out the extension which still might look stupid before it's over. I love Braun and glad he's locked up but the circumstances are so much different. I will agree Braun seems more committed to the team and Fielder was waiting for his big payday, but it's hardly enough for me to get mad at him for. If the Brewers offer to Fielder was comparable I'd be upset but it's not even close.

flyin_blue_egg
01-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Oh the Brewers knew he was worth X dollars, but his greed was to much. If you or I won $4 million we would be beyond ourselves. Now the Brewers offered 5 yrs $100 mil. What the fuck can a person do with $100 mil to begin with? Not to mention he mad 15 mil in 2011. He just doesn't give a flying F*** about Brewers fans. Braun signed for far less than I believe his market value was at the time. He is a team player and truly loves the organization, city and fans.

So your telling me that getting offered TWICE as much from another team is greed?? I don't think so. It's not like he wasn't up front with what he wanted. Boras came out and said we want 10 years/$200+ mil. When that came out the brewers pretty much said they can't afford that.

Nix
01-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Anyone who is bitter towards Fielder for making a decision to make more money and make sure his family is set and his kids kids set too is entitled to have that opinion. I understand some people believe that a most atheletes now a days have no dedication to their team but remember that it is a business. It makes zero sense to be angry at the guy for going to another team to make more money and to continue to do what he loves to do, play baseball.

Also like stated above, he was looking for a longer contract. The Brewers only offered him 5 years. He wanted more. I cant blame him for wanting more. Everything that he wanted he got. I believe he wanted the longer contract because he knows that eventually his weight will catch up to him. This way he is safe and will be guarnteed a job for the next 9 years barring a career ending injury. Then after the 9 is up he may turn in to another Matt Stairs or David Ortiz etc and become a DH unless he already is by that point. I believe that Detroit and their fans will regret winning the Fielder sweepstakes in the years to come. Only time will tell.

Milwaukee will still be a awesome without Prince. Before Antinasio took over the Brewers payroll was around 42-45 million back in 2004-05? Now it is slightly above the 100 million mark. He has brought this team back from the dead and I believe they will only get better. I can't wait to see Rameriez play third and move Hart to first, then the new Japaneese fella in right. It think it is going to be another great baseball season in the brew city!

JC70SS
01-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Nick I am not angry with him, I just do not support him anymore not even 1%.

Nix
01-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Nick I am not angry with him, I just do not support him anymore not even 1%.

Ohhhhhh, I missunderstood. I thought you were angry because of the situation. I apoloize, Joe

JC70SS
01-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Nick it is just really hard, the awesome year last year they had will be many years away without Prince. I am a Brewers FREAK! I have a countdown on my calender the day MLB is over to the begining of spring training. I really don't care much for NFL. I do watch it, but I live for Brewers baseball.

michelle
01-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Prince leaving will not change my tailgating abilities, so I don't care. (:

True Brewers fan right here.

wikked
01-28-2012, 06:10 PM
I'd give my left nut to even play in the majors. I'd take league minimum no questions asked :|

People are far too greedy, but if they know they can get it, they're not going to settle for less.
Gone are the days when people spend their entire careers on a team.
The elite players want money, and a ring... and if they can't have both, they're going to go to whoever offers the closest chance of both.

PB86MCSS
01-28-2012, 06:27 PM
If 99% of us are in the same position, we do the same thing. It isn't something exclusive to star athletes to take the most money.

The Brewers will be competitive, one player doesn't usually make or break the team. Many instances of star players leaving and the team did just as good or better. Even if Fielder returned, winning 96 games is no guarantee. I think the Brewers will be a 85+ win team, if things break right 90 wins isn't out of the question and that might be enough for the division or a wild card spot.

flyin_blue_egg
01-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Anyone who is bitter towards Fielder for making a decision to make more money and make sure his family is set and his kids kids set too is entitled to have that opinion. I understand some people believe that a most atheletes now a days have no dedication to their team but remember that it is a business. It makes zero sense to be angry at the guy for going to another team to make more money and to continue to do what he loves to do, play baseball.

Also like stated above, he was looking for a longer contract. The Brewers only offered him 5 years. He wanted more. I cant blame him for wanting more. Everything that he wanted he got. I believe he wanted the longer contract because he knows that eventually his weight will catch up to him. This way he is safe and will be guarnteed a job for the next 9 years barring a career ending injury. Then after the 9 is up he may turn in to another Matt Stairs or David Ortiz etc and become a DH unless he already is by that point. I believe that Detroit and their fans will regret winning the Fielder sweepstakes in the years to come. Only time will tell.

Milwaukee will still be a awesome without Prince. Before Antinasio took over the Brewers payroll was around 42-45 million back in 2004-05? Now it is slightly above the 100 million mark. He has brought this team back from the dead and I believe they will only get better. I can't wait to see Rameriez play third and move Hart to first, then the new Japaneese fella in right. It think it is going to be another great baseball season in the brew city!

You must be on drugs...Ur glad that Ramirez will be playing 3B for you gues next season?? He's a liability in the field and doesn't hit anywhere close to the power he used to. And that was playing 81 games at hitter friendly wrigley for the past 5 or so years. As a cubs fan I'm glad he's gone b/c it clears the way for some of the young guys in the minors. Now if only Theo can get rid of Sorryono (i mean soriano) then we'd be set.

Nix
01-29-2012, 04:28 PM
You must be on drugs...Ur glad that Ramirez will be playing 3B for you gues next season?? He's a liability in the field and doesn't hit anywhere close to the power he used to. And that was playing 81 games at hitter friendly wrigley for the past 5 or so years. As a cubs fan I'm glad he's gone b/c it clears the way for some of the young guys in the minors. Now if only Theo can get rid of Sorryono (i mean soriano) then we'd be set.

Ha! Im sorry, anbody over Casey McScrub is a huge improvement. Also if you seriously haven't noticed, Miller Park is absolutley a very hitter friendly park.

Like I said, Casey McScrub... My fucking grandmother could probably play better than his garbage ass. I neglected to mention, she's dead. ;)

I really don't think any Brewer fans will disagree with my above comments.

Thank you, come again.

Lash
01-29-2012, 05:14 PM
I think he'll do better at miller park than cubs fans are hoping.

Gregor
01-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Wonder if he will be a dud in the playoffs with the Tigers as he was with the Brewers.

Nix
01-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Wonder if he will be a dud in the playoffs with the Tigers as he was with the Brewers.

That same auestion actually came up at the dinner table over here earlier this evening. I guess time will tell. Maybe the Tigers won't even ever make the playoffs. lol

It will be interesting for sure to see how things play out this season, that's for sure.

Another several weeks and pitchers/catchers report and it's game on!!

Gregor
01-30-2012, 09:34 PM
For the money they paid him they better.

spooln30
01-31-2012, 04:35 AM
What a trader and I hope he gets injured early in the season. Haha JK.

JC70SS
01-31-2012, 08:07 AM
Spooln I had the same thoughts, however, he will collect money without doing any work then. That would be even worse.

STANMAN
01-31-2012, 01:11 PM
How is he a traitor? His contract was up and he fullfilled it and then some. He then sold his talents on the open market to the highest bidder. How is THAT being a traitor??????

Or did you mean he's actually a trader, like he trades baseball cards or something?

JC70SS
02-03-2012, 08:44 AM
No, I think I know how to spell.....TRAITOR! He was offered way more than any human being deserves to make playing a game by the brewers. 100+ mil and he abandoned the fans of Milwaukee that have supported him for many years. I hope he fails big time.

STANMAN
02-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Trader was spooln, not you.

But, say you live comfortably on $10 an hour, your contract is up and where you are currently working offers a slight increase to sign another short term deal. Then another company comes along and offers $20 doing the same thing for longer. Are you going to say "no thanks, I am good at $10 for a short contract". Of course not! He's just like EVERYONE else, all other things equal he is going to take the $$$$$.

I am stoked because his dad in Detroit is the one who got me hooked on baseball, and the Tigers were the ONLY other team I ever wanted Prince to play for.

Nix
02-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Dedication and Athlete rarley go in the same setence now a day. Ryan Braun is a rare execption to my statement. Just like Bob said, when it comes down do it, it is typically about the money. Pro sports is a business, that's why they hire a manager in the first place. To get them as much money as possible also arbitration, for the player to earn what they believe they are worth. Or not.

Look how the Cardinals fans must feel. Pujols was there for what? 10 years? I bet they are crushed too just like many Brewer/Fielder fans. I do feel your pain. I was hoping that by some small chance his team mates would convince him to hang around but nope. It hurts but the Crew still has a top notch team and they will still kick ass this season.

I wish Prince the best of luck and I can only hope that one day he will retire a Brewer. Even though I don't believe that to be likely now.

JC70SS
02-03-2012, 07:22 PM
$10 vs $20 is a commoner's salary. $10,000 per at bat vs $17000 per at bat I would stay where I felt liked and the fans were loyal to me and supported me. IF......IF he is a dud in Detwa, the fans will turn on him faster than a pitbull with rabbies.

STANMAN
02-04-2012, 09:45 AM
$10 vs $20 is a commoner's salary. $10,000 per at bat vs $17000 per at bat I would stay where I felt liked and the fans were loyal to me and supported me. IF......IF he is a dud in Detwa, the fans will turn on him faster than a pitbull with rabbies.

It's actually $36,469 per at bat if he plays 163 games a year for the full 9 years and gets an average of 4 at bats per game.

All I am saying is money is money, and the more the better no matter what walk the path of life takes you down. He is no traitor, he played out his contract, never held out, performed at a high level and always had a motor that wouldn't quit. Shame on Brewers fans who don't wish him success in his new home.

JC70SS
02-04-2012, 03:54 PM
sorry only $36469 per bat? Shame on a person for accepting that kind of money.

STANMAN
02-04-2012, 04:25 PM
sorry only $36469 per bat? Shame on a person for accepting that kind of money.

If he plays all 9 years, 163 games a year and gets 4 at bats a game. He probably won't, and it's all guarenteed, so the number will only go up from there.

Good for him, I wish God had given me that kind of talent!