PDA

View Full Version : Hey another "I'm looking for a Job" thread!

pOrk
01-19-2012, 09:33 AM
I kinda burned a bridge thinking I had a new job lined up after interviewing for it and it sounded like a done deal. It fell through and now I'm up shit creek without a paddle! Anyone looking for an apprentice ( I will learn / do anything ) or know of any Metal Fabricator positions open? I have 5 years exp. in fabrication / forming heavy steel as well as aluminum, stainless and galvaneal. Kind of a long shot but what the heck.

CATNHAT
01-19-2012, 10:26 AM
email sent. good luck!

SSDude
01-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Still looking for people here at Associated Spring
Operators and machine set up persons.
Starting around $10 for Operators and $17 for Setup.
More than likely 2nd shift which includes a shift premium
Ultra sweet quarterly profit sharing

BR3W CITY
01-19-2012, 11:30 AM
p0rk I saw 2 posted up on indeed the other day for metal fab in Port Washington. Might be something for you.

GHOSST
01-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Don't you hate that crap!? I've gone all the way to the second interview before, for it to ultimately fall through, is what it is though. I know people that have had tons of luck on Indeed.com, or Simplyhired.com. Avoid Monster, nerve racking spam just to get to the actual job listings. Good luck man!

CATNHAT
01-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Don't you hate that crap!? I've gone all the way to the second interview before, for it to ultimately fall through, is what it is though. I know people that have had tons of luck on Indeed.com, or Simplyhired.com. Avoid Monster, nerve racking spam just to get to the actual job listings. Good luck man!

You think thats bad I had one where I had to register online with with a recruiter:
-all my personal info
-resume submittal
-project list
-salary history
-references
-answer very specific and long detailed questionaire
-culture index
-psychological test
-wonderlick (sp?) test
-iq test
-intial phone interview with someone in phoenix
-second phone interview with some chick in green bay
-3rd interview on skype 1.5 hours long
-background check
-financial worthiness check
-3 hour long interview with company reps

3 month process and no luck. And no explanation why i didnt get the job?

Now thats a kick in the balls!

BoosTT
01-20-2012, 11:35 AM
You think thats bad I had one where I had to register online with with a recruiter:
-all my personal info
-resume submittal
-project list
-salary history
-references
-answer very specific and long detailed questionaire
-culture index
-psychological test
-wonderlick (sp?) test
-iq test
-intial phone interview with someone in phoenix
-second phone interview with some chick in green bay
-3rd interview on skype 1.5 hours long
-background check
-financial worthiness check
-3 hour long interview with company reps

3 month process and no luck. And no explanation why i didnt get the job?

Now thats a kick in the balls!
I've done almost all of that as well..... AND THE COMPANY DICIDED TO HIRE NOONE! The job wasn't needed. WTF.

pOrk
01-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Ghosst, I know it. Thought the interview went well and basically understood that I had the job as of the new year, but it sounds like they outsourced the work altogether. Would have been a nice change of pace for me.

Scott, I did that horse and pony show twice with job recruiters and had no luck at all, I swear those clowns do nothing for anyone except waste time. I will never go through a job recruiter / staffer again, no way in hell.

I emailed a place in Port 2 days ago on a whim with my resume and salary requirements and they called me today to setup an interview, hopefully I have what they are looking for at the interview on monday :) SSDude, sent a pm and BrewCity, I think the place you were talking about is the place I ended up with the interview at. Thanks guys

-stew-
01-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Sup with that job you was texting me about?

pOrk
01-20-2012, 04:00 PM
I applied, but unfortunately without my CDL at the time of application I don't think I will be considered for the position. Its with the City of Greenfield :)