PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist poll for my purchase tonight!

Russ Jerome
01-16-2012, 05:29 PM
I texted a craigslister about some stock wrx wheels today, with no pictures posted.

Me: "do you still have wheels? Are they in "good" shape?

Seller: still have them, in good shape.

So I did not ask "are they bent?", "are they curb rashed", "do they have holes in them?" further I did not go so far as to say "do people swear at you or call you retarded often?". So knowing they are simply "good" what do you think is gonna be the outcome, assuming he meets at some middleground area like I just agreed too?

Dont know how to setup poll, you get the idea what will be outcome?

michelle
01-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Bring the pup for backup!

GTSLOW
01-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Bring a pistol.

Wagonbacker9
01-16-2012, 05:42 PM
I'll go extreme, and say I expect they'll be as described. Solid, usable but imperfect wheels.

outlawgibbs
01-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Bring a pistol.

I always do this. Way to many screwed up people out there

Crawlin
01-16-2012, 05:50 PM
I'll go extreme, and say I expect they'll be as described. Solid, usable but imperfect wheels.

i'll go with that. they can be attached to the car and they will hold air. Couple of gashs each wheel, front and back. And they'll be dirty brown right around the hub area of the front side of the wheel.

GHOSST
01-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Seriously how hard is it to get pictures, every phone nowadays takes a pic, and who doesn't own a basic digital camera nowadays. I just recently sold two sets of wheel/tire combos on CL with detailed pics, description, and any defects, and the sales went off in less than a week! Lazy sellers never turn out good.

I bet there pretty banged up, but if the price is right I guess it doesn't matter for stockies.

Wagonbacker9
01-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Seriously how hard is it to get pictures, every phone nowadays takes a pic, and who doesn't own a basic digital camera nowadays. I just recently sold two sets of wheel/tire combos on CL with detailed pics, description, and any defects, and the sales went off in less than a week! Lazy sellers never turn out good.

I bet there pretty banged up, but if the price is right I guess it doesn't matter for stockies.

I have noticed a direct correlation between quality of posting and quality of merchandise. For instance... my axle, I'm pretty sure the ratio is wrong. took the guy 2 days to respond to my very pointed questions to his very vague ad, which lacked any pictures.

So your point is valid in my book.

-stew-
01-16-2012, 08:30 PM
I love CL. Ran into a winner the other day. Guy is parting out an 87 suburban, ad says call for details/prices, yada yada, yada. I call, no answer; leave message; he calls back. Tell him I'm interested in the interior. Me; how is the interior"? Him: It's alright, I guess. Me: "What color is it?" Him: IDK. I think it's light blue. Me: Bench or buckets. Him: Uhh, um. I think it's a bench. Might be buckets. I don't remember from when i parked it a year and a half ago. I asked if he could send me pictures, but something better than phone pictures and I actually think i heard his face go into a confused expression.

then you get winners like this...

http://jackson.craigslist.org/cto/2734983131.html

88Nightmare
01-16-2012, 08:43 PM
wow, clean as a fish pussy... that's a new one...

Russ Jerome
01-16-2012, 08:48 PM

Correct! Minor corrosion around old wheel weights, nothing I cant make look better than new.

Top it off the meet went as planned, I didnt try and jew him down, giving it a 10 as far as Craigs experiences.
He also has an interest in coming over now, showed some present and past turbo projects on phone, guy seamed cool and knoledgable on rex's.

GTSLOW
01-16-2012, 09:16 PM

Absolutely bring a pistol to that transaction.......

Wagonbacker9
01-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Correct! Minor corrosion around old wheel weights, nothing I cant make look better than new.

Top it off the meet went as planned, I didnt try and jew him down, giving it a 10 as far as Craigs experiences.
He also has an interest in coming over now, showed some present and past turbo projects on phone, guy seamed cool and knoledgable on rex's.
Woohoo! Beating the odds on that one!

Absolutely bring a pistol to that transaction.......

I really want to know who does business with someone that describes a car that way. I mean... seriously. Not even the vaguest attempt at professional conduct when trying to initiate a business transaction. WTF?

PureSound15
01-16-2012, 11:34 PM
Added a poll

GTSLOW
01-17-2012, 12:35 AM
Added a pole

TMI :goof

GHOSST
01-17-2012, 01:14 AM

Wow....I wont even get on the fish comment..... but $18,000? Makes sense if your dumb enough to blow your money on stupid shit.

Asanti Wheels (proper pronunciation, I didn't know the singer Ashanti made wheels)
$8000, yup, I almost bought a customer pair, $2000 per wheel alone, I passed real quick.
Custom paint, $4000
Actual car, $6000

He'll never get the money he dumped into that thing...

Russ Jerome
01-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Added a pole

Outstanding job on poll! I think I figured it out now, looking forward to next purchase or maybe we need a CL experience forum.

BR3W CITY
01-17-2012, 10:26 AM
I really want to know who does business with someone that describes a car that way. I mean... seriously. Not even the vaguest attempt at professional conduct when trying to initiate a business transaction. WTF?

No intention on doing normal biz, thats a drug dealer car.
A. Asanti wheels
B. its a 70's GP on 20's
C. its blood red and in Jackson MS.....

Someone like thats sells there car to another person like that, to which using descriptor words like "clean as fish pussy" resonates and does not deter.
It does look clean tho.

-stew-
01-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Woohoo! Beating the odds on that one!

Have you ever listened to rap music or dealt with most of the people its aimed at?

GHOSST
01-17-2012, 02:00 PM
It's definitely aimed at a certain demographic, and I'm sure he'll get it off to someone who's into that type of car style, I mean it does look clean, no gaudy interior which is a surprise, I just think 18K is redonkulous for that donk.

But its nowhere near the Superman or Skittles cars.

GTSLOW
01-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Probably has to much heat on it from the local police with the recent dealings. So he's selling it off to buy a new one. His next victim will be an 80s cutlass on 24's.