PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else turn the game off?

GTSLOW
01-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Play as ugly as that I just kinda gave up. Ah well maybe next year we wont have the worst defense in the NFL. Well I don't agree that you need a top defense to win a championship you're certainly not gonna win with the worst.

flyin_blue_egg
01-15-2012, 06:31 PM
They been saying all week long a team with the 32nd ranked D in the NFL has NEVER won the SB.

bikedad
01-15-2012, 06:52 PM
I had to turn it off.
What a shame.

Slow5oh
01-15-2012, 06:55 PM
It was a terrible game, I should of continued sleeping

Silver86
01-15-2012, 07:04 PM
yep, turned it off...

Korndogg
01-15-2012, 07:22 PM
I didn't turn it off because I don't jump off the bandwagon whenever something doesn't go right.

Reverend Cooper
01-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Anyone else turn the game off?

NOPE

Nix
01-15-2012, 07:32 PM
I didn't turn it off because I don't jump off the bandwagon whenever something doesn't go right.

Nicely Put, Korndogg.

On my facebook page I have seen so many fair weathered fans that it makes me ill.

Boostaddct
01-15-2012, 07:52 PM
I watched it until the end hoping we could pull off a miracle....we just missed on way too many opportunities where we could have gotten back into it. Depressing way to end a season that looked so promising.

VroomPshhTsi
01-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Capers got owned. Oh well, Giants were a dangerous team. Should be some good conference championship games. I got Pats vs. Giants in SB with Pats getting revenge.

Nix
01-15-2012, 08:18 PM
The amount of dropped passes was just staggering. Also the pick/fumbles were nuts too. Green Bay helped the Giants by beating themselves. They will return next year with basically the same starting lineup and hopefully in the off season they make some adjustments on the defense to help remedy the 32nd ranking in the NFL.

Till next fall, Go Brewers! lol

spooln30
01-15-2012, 08:49 PM
I woke up this morning with nots in my stomach. I just had a bad feeling and it proved right. I still can grasp what happen to our defense of last season. We only lost two guys from last season. I knew the offense would be a bit rusty from the long break BUT DAMN. What a waist of a good season. Bye bye Dom.
I hope the 49ers put a beating next weekend. Fu*k sh!t I'm still upset.

Lash
01-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Capers is probably gone next year too. Well see......

Wagonbacker9
01-15-2012, 09:25 PM

I held onto hope until the last turnover/TD...

pOrk
01-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Love all the professional athletes on BCM, Lols. Didn't turn the game on, like usual :)

GHOSST
01-15-2012, 10:55 PM
I turned it at the 2 minute mark, and I'm a diehard Packers fan. I just didn't care see the rest of that travesty of a playoff game. Who wants to watch their favorite team who has the potential to be high caliber, play like shit when it actually mattered. Our defense never showed up, as usual, but when our offense is just as terrible its sad to watch it when you know their awesome season is coming to and end like that..

As far as bandwagoners, sadly, a handful of people I know were actually rooting against Packers from the go, accept those few diehard fans I know. I was actually shocked by so many people I know FROM Wisconsin who actually wanted the Giants to win! Color me fucking surprised, cause I don't know when the Packers became this team that everyone hated. Its funny how more people were on the band wagon last year, when we were underdogs, but for some fucking lame ass reason people began to despise the Packers over this last season, because we were winning? Give me fucking break. Like I said before, I'd gladly take 10-6 over 15-1 any day..

These fake ass Packers fans show their true nature. Don't believe me? Just go on Facebook, the haters are out in massive numbers.

MY FYN 79
01-16-2012, 07:16 AM
Its a tough deal. Watching all the high/lowlights several times, the Packers had a lot (enough IMO) things where they needed to be but just couldnt hang onto the ball. I thought they came out and did a nice job slowing the run, which NY was hoping to be money in the game.

If they were gonna have focus problems in the playoffs I suppose its better the bandaid got ripped off already.

More important though, who do you all think stays and goes??

GTSLOW
01-16-2012, 07:53 AM
I'm sure the talk will start soon about Flynn.

Isn't this drivers last year?

flyin_blue_egg
01-16-2012, 10:24 AM

what he said.

88Nightmare
01-16-2012, 12:54 PM
I can't possibly imagine getting so emotional over a game

GHOSST
01-16-2012, 02:24 PM
what he said.

It has nothing to do with being on a bandwagon, that doesn't apply to everyone, I turned it and I'm no way in hell a bandwagoner, I love Football, and my team, since I was a kid playing Tecmo Super Bowl with Majkowski and Sharpe on nintendo, and I don't give a crap what anyone says, I'm passionate about my hobbies, cars and sports, if someone hits my car, I'll be pissed, I'll get over it, If my team plays like shit when another title was in grasp, I'm going to be pissed, but I'll get over it. To each his own, we all like cars but some of use have other interest too. But since it's BCM we can't be passionate about them? Ok...

GTSLOW
01-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Ya that statement was originally posted by a tard aka mark so you can only take it with a grain of salt.

Korndogg
01-16-2012, 03:06 PM
It has nothing to do with being on a bandwagon, that doesn't apply to everyone, I turned it and I'm no way in hell a bandwagoner, I love Football, and my team, since I was a kid playing Tecmo Super Bowl with Majkowski and Sharpe on nintendo, and I don't give a crap what anyone says, I'm passionate about my hobbies, cars and sports, if someone hits my car, I'll be pissed, I'll get over it, If my team plays like shit when another title was in grasp, I'm going to be pissed, but I'll get over it. To each his own, we all like cars but some of use have other interest too. But since it's BCM we can't be passionate about them? Ok...

Holy shit do you get butthurt easily.

And nan....lol stfu

PB86MCSS
01-16-2012, 05:26 PM
I don't think the bandwagon term applies when its 37-20 and the game is completely out of hand. It's frustrating for fans, I don't blame anyone one for not wanting to hurt their eyes or waste their time watching that. I was with some fair weather fans that kept watching, doesn't make them "better" that I wanted to stop watching (wasn't my house or TV so I had no say).

They are better than the Giants but not yesterday, obviously. They did some nice things stuffing the run and protecting Rodgers for the most part (until the end when it seemed like they lost all focus). Some nice blitzes early to pressure Manning but the sloppiness did them in.

As for going forward, it's good to be a Packer fan. They will be a top team for at least the next few years, probably longer due to #12. Some good peices on D, just need to add to it especially defensive ends and maybe another playmaking LB. Pass rush is the key...Driver can still play but he isn't needed (#3 or #4 WR shouldn't get 5 million IMO), hopefully he can retire a Packer somehow. Flynn should be able to get dealt, a high pick would be nice if possible. I don't know who are all free agents but I don't think there will be much turnover and there shouldn't be.

nismodave
01-16-2012, 06:06 PM
15- 1 Season....

1ytCEuuW2_A

Korndogg
01-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Isn't this drivers last year?

he said today that he has no plan to retire.

GHOSST
01-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Holy shit do you get butthurt easily

And nan....lol stfu

Well I just don't like being indirectly accused of something I am not. I have good reasons for turning that season ending travesty, especially at the 4th quarter 2 minute warning, there was nothing more to see, its not like I turned it at the half.

Waver
01-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Driver probably has about 1-3 seasons left in him, and last night he proved that he is a playmaker. He deserves his money more than Finley does, that is for dam sure.

As far as the topic of the thread, I watched it till the bitter end. I posted up comments on my facebook like many people did, however, I dont think they qualify me as a fair weather fan. I like two teams in the NFL, and as of last night, they both are going to be sitting at their home come Super Bowl Sunday. It is what it is, and at least we have the draft to look forward to.

GHOSST
01-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Defense!!!!

GTSLOW
01-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Driver probably has about 1-3 seasons left in him, and last night he proved that he is a playmaker. He deserves his money more than Finley does, that is for dam sure.

As far as the topic of the thread, I watched it till the bitter end. I posted up comments on my facebook like many people did, however, I dont think they qualify me as a fair weather fan. I like two teams in the NFL, and as of last night, they both are going to be sitting at their home come Super Bowl Sunday. It is what it is, and at least we have the draft to look forward to.

Agreed. Driver has came through MANY times on critical 3rd downs. We shall see who are these WR's that we have on the PS?

GHOSST
01-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Well, Tori Gurley and Diondre Borel, neither look too promising, but you never know, both had decent college years. I have faith Randall Cobb will evolve into a pretty solid WR. He has the speed, and we see he can catch passes. Once he rids himself of those rookie fumble jittters, he should be a good addition to the receiver core if Driver retires or leaves.

GTSLOW
01-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Could they franchise Flynn and then trade him for a decent DB????? Or is part of the franchise trade that you can't be traded that year?

Looks like we have 2 extra draft picks this year positions TBD?

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Years/2012.htm

Fuckin bengals are gonna make out like bandits this year!!!

GHOSST
01-16-2012, 08:17 PM
They could Franchise him, but its not like we need him, or proven to be extremely valuable just after 2 good games. He's a good QB, but we have a great QB to build around, and imo having an potentially starting QB biting at the heels of your star QB, it never looks good. We need to use that tag somewhere more valuable, we only get one. Especially in a market were good QB's are needed elsewhere. I mean, as much as I hope we keep him, or try to keep him, he'll be moving to another team I'm sure of it. But any move they make with the draft, Defense it the key for sure.

GTSLOW
01-16-2012, 08:58 PM
They could Franchise him, but its not like we need him, or proven to be extremely valuable just after 2 good games.

Oh I just meant keeping him and then trading him. Obviously there is only a couple 1st round QB's this year. It's obvious Flynn will start somewhere but with his contract ending it sure would be nice to get something for him. Shoot look at what the Eagles got for Kolb. Someone like Rodgers-Cromartie sure would be nice for next year!!!

GHOSST
01-16-2012, 09:05 PM
I got you, he should definitely be worth something if everything pans out. I'm not sure what stipulations are available if we franchise him and keep him another year, but yea getting ol Dom would benefit our team better than vicks squad.

PB86MCSS
01-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Maybe we can convince the Eagles to take Flynn for Jenkins... :D .

It sounds like the Packers can get a 1st or 2nd rounder maybe more for Flynn. I personally don't think he's worth a ton, as good as he's looked it's a product of being in the Packers system with the talent around him to some extent plus playing weak defenses in his starts. He's another Kolb, a decent QB but nothing special. Hopefully some team is desperate. The risk of franchising him is paying him 16 million for one year, IIRC. I'm sure they will know the market before doing that though, to work out an extension and then trade simultaneously.

GTSLOW
01-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Maybe we can convince the Eagles to take Flynn for Jenkins... :D .

It sounds like the Packers can get a 1st or 2nd rounder maybe more for Flynn.

That would be nice! I think since he's a free agent we wont get anything?

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/137431253.html

And it begins..........

"I think if they franchise him he’ll make $6 million more than Aaron (Rodgers) does," Harrell said. "I don’t know how that’s going to work."

:rolf

GHOSST
01-17-2012, 12:57 AM
I guess that whole article answers most of our questions, well somewhat. But I don't see the Packers wasting 14 million, if the risk outweighs the benefit, but like its said, if the trade is worth it, but that better be one damn good trade. But honestly the whole A-Rod statement sums it up, I don't think its going to happen because that's not a good thing when your backup makes more than your tier 1 starting QB.

GTSLOW
01-17-2012, 09:08 AM
:rolf and the fucking comments on there about considering keeping Flynn and trading Rodgers. Some of those people must still be drunk from their after game losing party.

GHOSST
01-17-2012, 02:09 PM
:rolf and the fucking comments on there about considering keeping Flynn and trading Rodgers. Some of those people must still be drunk from their after game losing party.

Yea that's just fucking stupid. No true Packer fan would say that, that person is probably trolling from Chicago or something. Yea, trade Rodgers who has the potential of 1 or 2 more Super Bowls in his future.