PDA

View Full Version : No Playoff Talk?

GHOSST
01-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Not a pick-em, but I know you'll be watching. What are your thoughts?

Divisional Round

Jan. 14th
New Orleans @ San Fransisco
Denver @ New England

Jan. 15th
Houston @ Baltimore
New York @ Green Bay

Go Pack!

spooln30
01-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Packers vs Ravens in the Super Bowl. That's all folks! LOL

I'll be watching all of the games this weekend for sure. They all should be good games.

GHOSST
01-13-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm just saying, this is the only time of year my wife completely leaves me alone, playoff season! lol.

I'm going for the Pack no doubt, but the NFC in total is one tough cookie. The AFC is a joke imo.

I hope the 49ers win just because I don't want to face the Saints if we get past the G-men. But even so, they'd have to play us at home, and its tough to beat Lambeau Field, if you get my drift. But hell, hopefully the same goes this Sunday.

spooln30
01-14-2012, 03:04 AM
I am split on who I would rather see come to GB after the giants The Saints are a hot team right now but one major factor is the weather up here. I think if the Saints do win and we take care of the Giants it will be a good game. Honestly I don't think it would be as close as the first meeting. The Saints are a dome team and for them to play at the level they have been in 30 deg Wisconsin winter weather, they won't be so explosive on offence. The 49ers offense isn't up to the Saints level but their defense is the best in the NFC right now. So there's where I'm torn.
I think all of shit the Giants players have been talking will bite them in the ass come Sunday. I also like the fact that the Packers are kinda being over looked and not talked about much in the media. Like ESPN ect. It's almost like the media doesn't want to over hype the Packers, maybe to help them or something. I think it will help them play better.
I would love to see our defense get back to last seasons playoff level. Almost like the D has been saving themselves for the run to the Super Bowl.
For the AFC I do agree with you. Minus the Ravens and maybe Patriots when they start their second half come backs. The Broncos and Texans suck. I can't wait to see what Tebow pulls out of his ass this weekend. Will be funny if they win.

GHOSST
01-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Totally agree on everything. Watching the game now, and man the 49ers D is no joke. Now I'm thinking I'd rather face the Saints! lol. Well, I guess the G-men have to have some confidence after that embarrassing 2 point Falcon game, but we'll see if they bring it, can't wait for that good game, maybe the Pack will get some media coverage, ha. Yea, the Ravens should walk all over the Texans but we'll see. Looking forward to the Broncos/Patriots, I think Brady will bring it together and outscore the Broncos, but with Tebow you never freakin know!

GTSLOW
01-14-2012, 07:39 PM
I'd still rather play the 49ers than the Saints. The receiving group we have vs the saints is much better. Also rodgers is far more mobile that brees as well. Only thing that would scare me about the 49ers is if we have some insane nasty weather where throwing the ball isn't much of an option.

GHOSST
01-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Well, all we have to do is derail the blazing Giants and we'll have that 49ers match up!

spooln30
01-14-2012, 10:25 PM
Damn the last 5 mins or so of the 49ers/ Saints game was good. Made most of the game look like crap. It looked like Drew never got comfortable, he got put down quite a bit. Did you guys hear it was only 8 deg in NE. That's gotta be hard to throw and handle the ball.

GHOSST
01-14-2012, 10:53 PM
Damn the last 5 mins or so of the 49ers/ Saints game was good. Made most of the game look like crap. It looked like Drew never got comfortable, he got put down quite a bit. Did you guys hear it was only 8 deg in NE. That's gotta be hard to throw and handle the ball.

Yea, you can tell Brees was out of rhythm, and I hate to say if but thats all it takes in the playoffs to lose one. That 8 degrees sure did in Tebow.. lol. But so much for the 31st ranked Defense in the league, I mean wow. One can only hope the Packers Defense turns it on like that.

spooln30
01-15-2012, 02:09 AM
That's what I'm hoping for. Our D turning into monsters for the playoffs.

GTSLOW
01-15-2012, 07:11 AM
Pats D sure looked pretty nice.

Even if Sam Shields woke up it would make things a lot better in the secondary. I have faith in Morgan Burnett its that fucking Peprah that scares me.

GHOSST
01-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Pats D sure looked pretty nice.

Even if Sam Shields woke up it would make things a lot better in the secondary. I have faith in Morgan Burnett its that fucking Peprah that scares me.

Yup! Collins would got that interception on Cruz a few plays ago... just saying.

GHOSST
01-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Looks just like the Chiefs game, the Pack don't want it. Turnovers, drops, fumbles, forced passes.... Put a fork in this one..

GTSLOW
01-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Some of the missed/dropped passes were just stupid. And the fumbles where the hell have all these came from? What is the 3 lost fumbles? It's similar to the Saints game 5 turnovers.

GHOSST
01-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Brady supermaned that one! Nice.

VroomPshhTsi
01-22-2012, 07:02 PM
Playoffs? Are you kidding me? Playoffs???

Pats vs. Giants with Pats getting revenge.

GHOSST
01-22-2012, 07:50 PM
I don't know, 49ers got the lead now and seem to be getting that same last minute vigor that took down the Saints. But I'll say it too.

Pats. vs. Giants Superbowl, Pats spanking that ass.

GHOSST
01-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Great game. The Giants are pretty solid. I still imagine this won't be a high ratings setting Super Bowl..

GHOSST
01-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Wow, so many bandwagoners out in full force, for both teams, its really sad..

GTSLOW
01-22-2012, 10:18 PM
I really was hoping the 49ers could pull it off. Talk about missed opportunities and mistakes.

PB86MCSS
01-22-2012, 10:19 PM
Gross, sloppy games. Not looking forward to a re-match especially between these two teams. Of course I'll watch though :goof . Giants have had all three teams either not show up or lose the game for them, IMO.

GHOSST
01-22-2012, 10:30 PM
I really was hoping the 49ers could pull it off. Talk about missed opportunities and mistakes.

Me too, but they shot themselves in the foot to many times. From some angles it almost looks like Williams was playing soccer, and tried to knee the ball, haha. Players making bets against their own team? Wouldn't surprise with all these drug busts lol.

That's football for you though, the Ravens and 49ers both had more than enough chances to pull off a win. That missed 32 yarder had to hurt, or that potential touchdown that was simply knocked out of Evans hands, good defense, but Evans got lazy and didn't follow through until the whistle blew.

MY FYN 79
01-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Giants have had all three teams either not show up or lose the game for them, IMO.

I dont like to take anything away from the Giants or Patriots, but I do agree to a point. The 9ers had that game until the jacked up punt. Cant afford that kind of thing in a low scoring defense oriented game. Manning was pulling grass out of his helmet the whole game. Managed to hang in there though.

I hope the Patriots are firing on all cylinders for the superbowl to see what the Giants can do to a team thats playing well. If the Giants could win that game then they deserve it. Something tells me it could get messy though.

GHOSST
01-23-2012, 12:57 AM
Its probably going to be a very physical game, especially when the Patriots are out for revenge. I'm sure a lot of people still on the team remember that game. This could make or break the Pats though. I'll be watching the game, but honestly this is another one of those years I'll be more into the commercials than the actual game. Hope there are some good ones this year.