PDA

View Full Version : UFC: How much things have changed......

Car Guy
01-08-2012, 11:33 PM
:stare

http://www.ufc.com/media/ufc-12-belfort-ferrozzo

GHOSST
01-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Still nothing like the original UFC, Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, no holds. Now its about image and ratings. But I guess watching a fat guy is uneventful, lol. But I grew up watching Royce making mofo's tap out all day, and its funny most fights end up on the ground anyway, go figure.

Its just amazing how much the sport evolved in such a short time. Creating the most superstars and wannabe's in no time, more wannabe's though if you ask me, everyone is a MMA fighter now.

Crawlin
01-16-2012, 04:17 PM
more wannabe's though if you ask me, everyone is a MMA fighter now.

while I agree with your opinion, there is a reason for that and it isn't the wannabes, its the promoters giving them a place to BE MMA fighters. Their talent level may not quite be UFC, but they are still fighting like-talent individuals. Its the organizations like the little city fight clubs(like the new MTV show Caged) that give them an opportunity to fight. While they are not UFC, they still are MMA fighters.

GHOSST
01-28-2012, 09:19 PM
I totally agree. My statement was more towards your average joe, I personally know a couple people who do so-called MMA, and its a joke. Its almost like the import craze, when FF hit every kid with a honda thought his mothers car was a racer. Imo, most guys who can throw a punch think they are MMA fighters nowadays.

BR3W CITY
01-29-2012, 11:12 AM
I've known some guys fighting out of Rufus, and I will say all of those I've met are "real" fighters. There were a couple guys I would qualify as "gym rats", dudes that wanted to train a bit and hang around with the fighters, but never actually get a match. Honestly though, even those guys had hours of on-mat training and could probably compete at King of Cages level stuff.

The worst is the skinny 150lb kids that wear affliction and carry the training bags and shit. Its the equivalent of being the water boy, and they love to talk shit.