PDA

View Full Version : Which Muscle car. Poll!!

Bad-TSi
09-01-2004, 10:57 PM
Maybe instead of a new Mustang, I was looking into some Muscle cars. These are the ones I picked. Make your vote and give a reason. :cool2:

HITMAN
09-01-2004, 11:48 PM
I vote AMX. Cool looking cars, and you don't see them very often. There are also some serious go-fast parts for AMC engines...;)

Al
09-01-2004, 11:58 PM
I voted amx. They are not very common.

If you want to go fast, but also want to save some money, it can be cheaper to go with an older car and do a complete rebuild tan buy a newer car (ei. new cobra). You can also get passed emissions and a variety of other regulations which an older car will get grandfathered into.

Prince Valiant
09-02-2004, 12:25 AM
I vote AMX. Cool looking cars, and you don't see them very often. There are also some serious go-fast parts for AMC engines...;)
Amen to that....My buddy has an amx with the amc 360. Thing screams.

Helped do a 290 amx once....wasn't too bad for no cubic inches.

But with an AMX you'll be quite different even among the musclecar crowd. Indy has come out with new AL heads for the motors (all based on the same block) and intakes that'll let you build easy big numbers without too much sweat.

nismodave
09-02-2004, 12:34 AM
AMX........A great sleeper.........Wickedly cool different car........

SMS 1
09-02-2004, 12:34 AM
I'm going to go ahead and suggest a car that is not on the list.

1970 Plymouth Superbird

That would get some looks :shades

Of course I suppose you might need several trucks to haul the money in to pay for it :cool2:

fireguyrick
09-02-2004, 12:42 AM
I like my Uncle's 69 GTO Ragtop. He bought it back in the early 80's for $500, had a few dents fixed, repainted, and new apholstery. Otherwise it is very cherry IMHO.

Rick

animal
09-02-2004, 07:14 AM
Theoretically, the mustangs were all "pony cars"

That said I'll take a 66 fastback to sit next to my 66 coupe any day. But I'd much rather have a 67... no emissions in wisconsin, and they'll fit a big block without cutting the shock towers.

BAD LS1
09-02-2004, 07:59 AM
How about none? :sleep

Yeah we got some REALLY GHEY choices for cars here once again.

67-68 firebirds are damn near unheard of when thinking muscle cars.

One mopar product, and barely one at that... :rolf

but we do have 3 fvucking fords :rolleyes:

This poll looks like it was grafted off of gay.com :sgay

animal
09-02-2004, 08:33 AM
On the other hand I was at least happy there weren't any belly button cars, er i mean chevelles :)

jbiscuit
09-02-2004, 08:34 AM
AMX hands down!

BAD LS1
09-02-2004, 08:40 AM
well at least there wasnt one real muscle car mentioned :goof

Max 93
09-02-2004, 09:06 AM
I'm gonna vote 67-68 Firebird. I had one years ago and that is what I want next. They are not so common like a camaro.

animal
09-02-2004, 09:20 AM
well at least there wasnt one real muscle car mentioned :goof

As I eluded to above.. pony cars. I'll bet it really trips the moper guys' triggers that there wasn't a hemi listed haha.

BAD LS1
09-02-2004, 09:37 AM
there wasn't a hemi listed haha.

As they say in mopar talk and including hemi in the same sentence :goof

SWEET!

GRNDNL
09-02-2004, 09:47 AM
Hmmm, all Pony Cars, no Muscle Cars....... :loser

From that group I'd say 68 Ram Air II Firebird.... :shades

JC70SS
09-02-2004, 09:50 AM
Animal= :asshole You are a POS for that comment! Jealousy hurts doesn't it.

They all do suck. Buy something that will be worth some money when you want to sell it. I vote for the AMX. If anyone sees a yellow 70 AMX in the Falls area my dad's cousin restored that car years ago.

NoJoke83
09-02-2004, 09:55 AM
69 boss 429........as for worth.....the 69 fb cars just obliterate the amx cars for value, my buddy has a 69 X with 26k on the clock and he cant sell that thing for $10k to save his ass.......show me a 69 FB with any engine that has that many miles and the price is much higher....but, i did have a 69 amx and it was pretty damn cool......

Bad-TSi
09-02-2004, 10:22 AM

Yeah man, thanks for the opinion. How about you STFU? Thanks.

BAD LS1
09-02-2004, 10:26 AM
Better still!

Can i get you a spoon to eat my ass?? :popcorn

I dont think im the only one who thinks :sucks

Bad-TSi
09-02-2004, 10:35 AM
Better still!

Can i get you a spoon to eat my ass?? :popcorn

I dont think im the only one who thinks :sucks
Grow up. Wtf is your deal?

animal
09-02-2004, 10:48 AM
Animal= :asshole You are a POS for that comment! Jealousy hurts doesn't it.

Nah. I'm only jealous of all the '68 Shelby GT500KR owners out there. I own my second most wanted vehicle, so I can only be jealous to anyone with my first. But since I don't have a spare $70,000+ lying around, I'll be jealous for a while.

As far as belly button cars... Go to any older car shows and you'll see why I say that. Not to say some of them aren't nice cars or anything, but seems like everyone's got one... well that or a first gen camaro.

I know I'll get flamed for it, but hey, I'm a ford guy on a gm board so I'm used to it.

GRNDNL
09-02-2004, 11:00 AM
Yeah man, thanks for the opinion. How about you STFU? Thanks.

Yup......A Ricer that doesn't know what the hell a muscle car is...... :loser

Prince Valiant
09-02-2004, 11:35 AM
As I eluded to above.. pony cars. I'll bet it really trips the moper guys' triggers that there wasn't a hemi listed haha. Well, considering the dude want's to buy a car, a Hemi powered car would be out of the question. He couldn't afford it.

Personally if I was looking to buy a classic, a hemi wouldn't be in the picture either...

69 boss 429........as for worth.....the 69 fb cars just obliterate the amx cars for value, my buddy has a 69 X with 26k on the clock and he cant sell that thing for $10k to save his ass.......
Well, it should probably be noted that may be the reason an AMX would be on the table. It is affordable. Though a #2 or higher AMX should fetch 25+, a good 3 can be had for 7.5-10G....

By the way...AMX is soooooo far from a mopar that it's not even funny. You'll see them at mopar shows since when Chrysler bought out AMC, we also inherited all the dealer NOS and parts performance or otherwise...Because of that mild afiliation, some mopar shows feature divisions for AMC.

Not that I don't like AMC's mind you...down at the grove there is a group of guys that are all related (brothers/in-laws/cousins) that show up in some stockish looking (except for some headers and aftermarket intake manifolds....but nothing radical) and bone-stock exteriors running a couple of AMX's and Rebel "machines" running 11's. Gorgeous if different looking cars.

But AMC=/=mopar

animal
09-02-2004, 11:47 AM
Well, considering the dude want's to buy a car, a Hemi powered car would be out of the question. He couldn't afford it.

Personally if I was looking to buy a classic, a hemi wouldn't be in the picture either...

You're right, a true hemi would be way out of anyone's price range, but they do make them in crate motors now, so I'd imagine you could pick a car with a hemi up for under 20 pretty easily. Hell a friend of mine's 472 hemi crate motor was only 15k list price. Even with that a 3k rolling chassis is somewhat easy to come by. .... but I see your point.

Al
09-02-2004, 12:38 PM
IMO- thse 1st gen fbods are too common amoungst collectors around here.

I went to Waynes drive in a few times this summer on thursday nights. The most common car was the 1st gen. That pretty much took it off the very top of my list of cars I want. Mopar isn't too common, but mopar requires big $$$ when compared to ford or chevy.

BAD LS1
09-02-2004, 12:45 PM
IMO- thse 1st gen fbods are too common amoungst collectors around here.

I went to Waynes drive in a few times this summer on thursday nights. The most common car was the 1st gen. That pretty much took it off the very top of my list of cars I want. Mopar isn't too common, but mopar requires big $$$ when compared to ford or chevy.

There is some big buck GM products out there that are just as rare.

JC70SS
09-02-2004, 01:16 PM
yeah tommy 62 bel-aire bubble top 409-425hp. But that is probably a belly button car too...not a gun rack pick-up truck errr...I mean ford lightning.

BAD LS1
09-02-2004, 01:19 PM
Yeah i know Joe... My dad sold a 63 Z11 409/425 hp impala sportcoupe 4 years ago.

Why dont we just call them baloon knot ( aka :asshole ) cars then too :goof

JC70SS
09-02-2004, 01:26 PM
How bout we call muscle cars mullet mobiles! Maybe I need a new hair style too??

animal
09-02-2004, 01:30 PM
yeah tommy 62 bel-aire bubble top 409-425hp. But that is probably a belly button car too...not a gun rack pick-up truck errr...I mean ford lightning.

Wow, getting a little defensive are we? Don't take it to heart man, just an observation.

And fyi... I can't find a gun rack to fit my truck... still lookin tho. I have a big confederate flag though. :rolleyes:

JC70SS
09-02-2004, 01:43 PM
Animal don't sweat it! I hear that stuff from my friends that drive euro imports all the time. Just had to give you a little crap back. I do like L's by the way.

-Joe

animal
09-02-2004, 01:47 PM
Heh. Ok, U had me goin there. :)

JC70SS
09-02-2004, 01:56 PM
The only thing that does offend me is Kerry-Edwards stickers :guns1

scubastang
09-02-2004, 01:59 PM
How bout we call muscle cars mullet mobiles! Maybe I need a new hair style too??

lol I know what your talking about! I absolutley hate Cameros from 73-92. God damn mullet mobiles :goof

animal
09-02-2004, 02:07 PM
The only thing that does offend me is Kerry-Edwards stickers :guns1

You and me both man.

GRNDNL
09-02-2004, 02:14 PM

Naww, Mids 80s F-bodys and G-Bodys are Mullet Muscle........... :rockwoot:

Late 60's Early 70's are http://www.t6p.com/forums/images/smilies/joint.gif Muscle......

GHOSST
09-02-2004, 02:47 PM
AMC AMX is cool, home grown car company right here in WI:goof, ummmm... were'd it go?:goof

Knyghtmare
09-02-2004, 03:03 PM

LMFAO The man gets it all summed up in one easy post.

BAD LS1
09-02-2004, 03:22 PM
Nice to see someone enjoys my sence of humor :goof

The person i said it to overlooked it however :rolf

ChevelleBabe88
09-02-2004, 04:14 PM
i agree with Tom on the whole gay.com post LOL but if anything i'd pick '67 fast back silver RAAR! :-P

HITMAN
09-03-2004, 01:32 AM
Oh please, why don't you two just get a f_cking room already... :puke

animal
09-03-2004, 07:12 AM

Good call ;)

Knyghtmare
09-03-2004, 08:28 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGHsgkbsbvlhgk

ChevelleBabe88
09-03-2004, 05:45 PM
Wow, getting a little defensive are we? Don't take it to heart man, just an observation.

And fyi... I can't find a gun rack to fit my truck... still lookin tho. I have a big confederate flag though. :rolleyes:

YAY!! Hell yeah!! thats the way to go!! :banana sorry Tom im never gonna lose my redneck ways!! :goof

ChevelleBabe88
09-03-2004, 06:31 PM

well i'm sorry if i agree with Tom which i actually do and not just because he's my friend or w/e u guys want to say he is to me!! i absolutely despise Fords!! but i do love the '67 fastback but u guys can think whatever the f@ck u want!Good for u thanks for the smart ass comment!!.... :asshole

PB86MCSS
09-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Not to say some of them aren't nice cars or anything, but seems like everyone's got one... well that or a first gen camaro

I see your point. 1st gen Camaros and 67-72 Chevelles are belly button cars in that everyone and their mom wants one....they are common for muscle but still, I don't see one on every street corner ;). Maybe everyone wants one because they are so cool :) .

Fastback Mustangs are pretty sweet, not sure on all the years models of them, but older Mustangs are neato :shades .

:rolf

Rocket Power
09-03-2004, 09:31 PM
Naww, Mids 80s F-bodys and G-Bodys are Mullet Muscle........... :rockwoot:

HEY!!! :goof
I'll have you know I gave up the mullet before I got my first G-body. :-P :goof

theavenger333
09-04-2004, 12:12 AM
haha, zach gave up, just go with that stang, you loved the coug, so replace it with its twin

Prince Valiant
09-05-2004, 08:22 PM
Oh please, why don't you two just get a f_cking room already... :pukeIf they do, I am so totally going to call the cops :goof

Syclone0044
09-05-2004, 09:39 PM
:rolf You guys are killing me!

Pig Pen
09-06-2004, 02:16 AM
Too many pony's. More Mopar's needed. I'd vote for the Road Runner/GTX.

BAD LS1
09-06-2004, 02:38 AM
If they do, I am so totally going to call the cops :goof

Step away from the hater cakes son! :goof And whats up with the valley girl twist?:rolf

BAD LS1
09-06-2004, 02:45 AM
I agree, some more mopar is better than ford if icant have my GM products

Bad-TSi
09-06-2004, 01:26 PM
Fawk Chryslers, they cost a fortune, and they suck. The only Mopar I'd roll would be a Plymouth Challanger or perhaps a Cuda. Agressive looks, and it's a smaller car, if I found a nice one for a thrifty price, it might happen, otherwise no.

Knyghtmare
09-06-2004, 01:36 PM
I agree, some more mopar is better than ford if icant have my GM products

Take my Ram Charger for example...

NoJoke83
09-06-2004, 01:53 PM
why does everyone hate fords so much?

T-Bag
09-06-2004, 02:08 PM

Because Ford performance is the only to survive...well mopar is stepping up to the plate too, but what does GM have?

...GTSlow and the Corvette(excellent car)

:sucks

Prince Valiant
09-06-2004, 03:01 PM
Fawk Chryslers, they cost a fortune, and they suck. The only Mopar I'd roll would be a Plymouth Challanger or perhaps a Cuda. Agressive looks, and it's a smaller car, if I found a nice one for a thrifty price, it might happen, otherwise no. shows how little you know.

Rocket Power
09-06-2004, 05:37 PM
I don't hate Ford's, in fact I have a ford part in my Olds engine :goof
GM abandoned me ( When they Killed Olds ) and the two Mopars I had soured me on those (besides the fact they just don't look good to me) so If I decide to get a brand new car/truck it'll probably be a Ford.

HITMAN
09-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Fawk Chryslers, they cost a fortune, and they suck. The only Mopar I'd roll would be a Plymouth Challanger or perhaps a Cuda. Agressive looks, and it's a smaller car, if I found a nice one for a thrifty price, it might happen, otherwise no. :nutkick :punch: :chair:

SlowStee
09-06-2004, 06:47 PM
damn look at those three! neck n' neck

Bad-TSi
09-06-2004, 07:24 PM
shows how little you know.
I don't like Chryslers so I get flamed for it?? 90% of you guys sit and call Fords ****, but if somebody doesn't like a Dodge, ohh no. :wow :rolleyes:

I'm just not a Mopar guy, they are very expencive, and I don't preffer them. Why is this sutch a big deal?

Prince Valiant
09-06-2004, 08:06 PM
I don't like Chryslers so I get flamed for it?? 90% of you guys sit and call Fords ****, but if somebody doesn't like a Dodge, ohh no. :wow :rolleyes:

I'm just not a Mopar guy, they are very expencive, and I don't preffer them. Why is this sutch a big deal?I could care less if you "preffer" them or not. I wouldn't make "sutch" a big deal if they were just not your cup of tea. Most of my best friends don't prefer mopars...I sleep plenty well knowing this and don't bust they're balls about it.

But to make a blanket statement about mopar's "su(king" has got to be about the most biased and least fair statement one can make if you aren't going to use reason to support such a position...especially when it was YOU that cried like a little girl when tom unfairly busted your balls about not including a chevy.

If you want to debate about mopars sucking...fine. Do so. Defend the statement.

And as far as them being "expencive" (whose dictionary were you using growing up? "Billy Bob's New Hillybilly Speekun' Dictionary, Unabridged Edition, V.II?) again...proves how little you know. Yes, Superbirds, Daytona's, 'Cuda's, Challenger's can be very steep, regardless of engine...but there are many a 383 Roadrunners, Cornet's R/T's, Superbee's, Dusters, Dart GTS, Demons, Barracuda's (different than a 'cuda) that could be had for very reasonable prices....and the cost to build these things are very reasonable...even more so than many knowledgeable car guys realize.

But again, your lack of preference toward mopars renders this point moot.

Bad-TSi
09-06-2004, 09:13 PM
I'm just not a Chrysler fan allright, and all the ones that you listed that are affordable, are ugly. Really, unless you are a diehard Mopar guy, whos picking a old Barracuda, or a Cornet, or a Dart(unless its a Hemi Dart)?? And does the 383 not suck? Come on now. And price out a drivetrain build between a Ford, Chevy, and Mopar, then tell me which one costs the most. Also what one has the least aftermarket support, the Mopar again! (AMC come in way behind on that one I know) I'm shure that if I was Jay Leno I'd have a whole ******* garage full of Chryslers, but I'm not.

Once again, I'm sorry people if I don't like your favorite muscle cars, but this thread isn't about what kind of piece of **** you guys want to buy, its about what I want to buy, so unless somehow you missread the thread title, cause it doesn't say "whats your favorite muscle car" or "please tell my why the ones I picked suck". So incase you can't understand the sentence I titled this thread with maybe you should bust out your dictionary.

Thier really is no reason for all you people to act like a bunch of assholes cause I don't like the typical favorite muscle car, if you think about it, maybe its because I want something different. Jeez.

Prince Valiant
09-06-2004, 09:46 PM
I'm just not a Chrysler fan allrightFair...but again, your balls got busted because you said they sucked
and all the ones that you listed that are affordable, are ugly. Your personal taste...that's fine. Of course, I'd disagree...but that's what's fun about the car hobby
And does the 383 not suck?Nope. Probably the best of the mid-block large blocks around, although the 375hp 396 is pretty damn close.

What makes the 383 mopar so great is that 1. Great bore stroke ratio with a 4.25 inch bore vs a 3.39 inch stroke. a) The big bore allows for very large valves so you can get some great flowing heads on there...and the bigger valves won't be shrouded by the cylinder walls, thus limiting flow. b) With such a short stroke (shorter than a chevy 305 :wow ) you can safely rev the piss out of it to take advantage of the head flow...if you use a general 4000ft/min piston speed as the safe max piston speed, this allows the stock short block to rev to 7000rpm. 2) With very beefy main caps, large main cap bolts, large rod bolts the 383 is built for rpms. 3) With only a 3.39 inch stroke vs the 6.358 inch rod you've got a 1.88 rod/stroke ratio...PRIME for higher rpm breathing. 4) Chrysler wedge heads flowed very well bone stock. While the canted valve 396 heads had more potential when fully ported vs fully ported...stock for stock, the 383 heads outflowed them.

So while the 383 may not be revered as a hemi or a 440 six-pack...or even just a 440 magnum, it has a world of potential.

What's a bone-stock one run though? From the Jan 1969 edition of Car and Driver: 14.04@99mph with a 727 auto and 3.55 gears in a Dodge super bee. That was the "Coyote Duster" version of the motor.

Also what one has the least aftermarket support, the Mopar again! Can't dispute that...however, it has all the aftermarket support you need. And enough vendors that it is suprisingly competitive therefore keeping it affordable. Part for part, when all is said and done, you would come in only a couple hundred dollars more expensive than a ford or chevy. However, I'd contend that frequently you don't have to upgrade nearly as much in a mopar to acheive the same HP levels.

Once again, I'm sorry people if I don't like your favorite muscle cars, but this thread isn't about what kind of piece of **** you guys want to buy, its about what I want to buy, so unless somehow you missread the thread title, cause it doesn't say "whats your favorite muscle car" or "please tell my why the ones I picked suck". So incase you can't understand the sentence I titled this thread with maybe you should bust out your dictionary. And notice, I didn't tell you to buy a mopar...I just pointed out how idiotic your comment about mopars "sucking" was.

I've got a couple dictionary's....would you like to borrow one? :loser

Cryptic
09-08-2004, 09:25 AM
am I the only one that likes them all ?
I could give a sh!t if its a ford, gm, or mopar.

Pig Pen
09-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Huh, what are DSM's again? I thought, no...wait, Plymouth Laz...no...Chrysler owns's what % of Mitsubishi, no...

Knyghtmare
09-09-2004, 03:06 PM
This is becoming just like that gay neon thread... no the thread isnt gay, the neon is. You get my point.

bi5ly
09-14-2004, 02:44 PM
why no 72 firebird 455? :wtf

unforgiven302
09-22-2004, 03:33 PM
LoL I love how you guys are busting his nuts over a simple question...how fast a few of you get worked up is amazing. I won't even start with where the maturity level in this thread is from some of the replies. :punch:

I guess this board needs more drama so that the :asshole 's can keep their wise-ass comments to those and leave flaming out of the polls :rolf

77thor
08-21-2006, 05:40 PM
69 Camaro Z28 w/RS option

DocDave
08-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Whoa. That's gotta be some kind of record for bringing back an old thread. Almost 2 yrs old. Coooool!

stock?
08-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Maybe instead of a new Mustang, I was looking into some Muscle cars. These are the ones I picked. Make your vote and give a reason. :cool2:

awesome lines, not played out like a 67-68 camero (dont get me wrong i still like them), how many have you seen on the street.

stock?
08-22-2006, 12:47 PM
am I the only one that likes them all ?
I could give a sh!t if its a ford, gm, or mopar.

there is a good car in every brand and to those who are stuck in one brand i pity you.

MurphysLaw88GT
08-23-2006, 01:01 AM
whats up with the lazarus threads latley