PDA

View Full Version : Furniture Deals and Steals in Brookfied......... Closing = Awesome Deals we got......

awsomeears
01-01-2012, 12:53 PM
1st off this place had financial issues this summer, they were now bought out by one Large 3rd - party to Liquidate EVERYTHING !!!

I'm not much for these cheesy " EVERYTHINGS GOTTA GO " events but holly shit these people are really selling it at Bottom Dollar...

We were able to get a very nice Red Sofa and love seat, a very ( Really nice ) comfy Brown Sofa and Love seat and two Real Wood table stands. I looked at the stands and said " Those are MINE "

Red set $700
Brown set $700
Two tabbles $260

Total $1660 :wow

I mean $350 for even a Pile of Monkey shit at Hobo is tough to find......

Now for anyone that knows furniture shopping you see both sides of it, you see Ashleys SHIT and then you see Penny Mustards top dollar items....

Anyone looking for a Sofa, single lazy ( type ) chair lamps or what not check it out...

The ladys name is Cindy....

16460 West Bluemound Road Brookfield, WI 53005
(262) 782-3355

pOrk
01-01-2012, 01:30 PM
That place has been "going out of buisness" for like 6 months

05caddyext
01-01-2012, 01:34 PM
They did go out of business and filed for bancruptcy awhile back. All locations were closed for several months. The previous owner has several lawsuits against them for not delivering furniture they already sold. They were operating the business using your money to buy furniture they already sold to someone else and hoped you wouldn't get too pissed when you had to wait 4 months for your furniture. Just moving around money until it all fell apart. The owner also had several other businesses in S.E. wi that have all also filed for bancruptcy in the past year.

Korndogg
01-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Fuck that place. I waited 9.5 weeks for my couch from them.

awsomeears
01-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Dam that's horrible..........

Hope all goes well for us, thursday we get our stuff...

Korndogg
01-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Well yours should be fine but when they were still taking orders they actually ordered your stuff and then it was made out of state and shipped here i guess. They said 4 weeks. We said ok whatever no big deal I guess. Then yeah it took forever. We were pissed.

GTSLOW
01-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Dam that's horrible..........

Hope all goes well for us, thursday we get our stuff...

9.5 thursdays from now :goof

Korndogg
01-01-2012, 11:15 PM
haha

awsomeears
01-02-2012, 08:26 AM
LOL...

Did you end up finally getting it ?

05caddyext
01-02-2012, 10:07 AM
sounds like same scam to me. I would have said if I can't get this stuff today, there is no deal. Now it isn't unreasonable to have to wait to get furniture, but in this case, that's the reason they went out of business in the first place. They take your order and your money of course, then they are able to deliver some other guys furniture they sold 3 weeks ago with your money. Now you wait until the next guy buys something then you get yours. If everything is truly bottom dollar, why aren't they selling the stuff in the showroom? They don't have warehouses full of their stuff, they have to have it made for you. Sounds too fishy for me. And to answer your other question, a lot of people never did get their furniture, or their money back. They went bankrupt.

pOrk
01-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Thats the point, if they were going out of buisness they would be selling the junk right out of their showroom, not having ANYTHING made...

awsomeears
01-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Nothing is being made, it is there stock in the basement ..........

Sheesh I'm now thinking, I will wait and see come Thursday, I'll let ya know how it goes...

I was actually supposed to pick all my stuff up Saturday around noon as it was ready to go, but when we stopped in I opted for it to be delivered.....

awsomeears
01-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Just got confirmed Thursday afternoon for drop off, hope this is a good sign....

Car Guy
01-02-2012, 02:02 PM
:rolf

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/714320_o.gif

Nickerz
01-02-2012, 11:46 PM
We went there after we found out about the BK and the prices were HIGHER than when they were in business. We went in there and nothing had prices, they kept trying to play games with us and we finally told everyone in earshot it was a bunch of bullshit. I'm not surprised they're still trying to sell the stuff given the way they've been operating.

I suspect that a company purchased all of their remaining inventory in a bankruptcy auction and is now running it as a hobby business to see if it has any legs. If they get enough stupid people they'll take down the liquidation signs one day and open as the next retailer to go BK out of that spot.

Korndogg
01-02-2012, 11:48 PM
yeah I finally received my couch then a couple weeks later is when I saw on the news they were going bankrupt.

GTSLOW
01-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Dunno I went there today and got a great deal on a huge sectional couch. Now I gotta drag that shit to North Carolina next week too..........

They had a great price and even gave a military discount. We've looked around and the price I got was a shit ton less for a similar quality piece else where. Thanks OP!!!

Slow Joe
01-07-2012, 08:09 AM
We went and looked there when we were looking for a bedroom set... Checked there and Ashley next door (since they carry Ashley furniture). Ashley was actually cheaper, even with the bankruptcy sale. Plus the guy there was a DICK. Some guy tried to negotiate with him, and he was like "at these prices there's no negotiation... just leave if you don't like it"

awsomeears
01-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Everything was shipped..... One of The couches had a tear but they did honor a new one....

GTSLOW
01-08-2012, 12:44 AM
No issues here either. Very friendly people however the store is empty as fuck so I'm guessing it really may be going out this time.