PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers inactive.....shitty for Flynn.

GTSLOW
01-01-2012, 10:52 AM
So it's out now that Rodgers will be inactive. Kinda shitty for Flynn IMO since what the winds are getting close to 35mph? Good luck throwing the ball in that shit storm. So much for an "audition" today.

GHOSST
01-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Its good though, I'd rather have him fresh for the playoffs, but I do believe this will be a good game, Flynn has shown to perform well under pressure, but its definitely one of those iffy games, with such a good Detroit team playing our B squad.. They have a 40% chance of winning imo.. would be nice if I'm wrong.

CATNHAT
01-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Is Suh playing?
:alcoholic
Good test for Flynn. You dont always get ideal conditions to play in.

Flynns gone after this season.

STANMAN
01-01-2012, 03:42 PM
He's doing OK, lol. Setting records and stuff.

GTSLOW
01-01-2012, 03:50 PM
HAHA what a game for Flynn!!!!! Playing in the conditions and still throwing 6TD's & 4XX yards!!!! Amazing......

Anakonda69
01-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Six.touchdowns. Not too shabby

Lash
01-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Shows how much you know, douche bag. :)

CATNHAT
01-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Lions got robbed that was a touchdown. Put an additional 4 points on the board game goes to overtime and ????

Stafford has 525 yp and 5 tds.

Pretty good offensive game, not much for defense. Oh well gb and ne are 1st & 2nd seeds and ranked 31st and 32nd defensively. Lol.

Flynn goes to Indy.

Holeshot
01-01-2012, 04:44 PM
THIS THREAD TITLE =

http://nouaintradio.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/bigstockphoto_failed_130059.jpg

fivonut
01-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Lions got robbed that was a touchdown. Put an additional 4 points on the board game goes to overtime and ????

Flynn goes to Indy.

That's almost a given!!!

CATNHAT
01-01-2012, 04:52 PM
^^lol almost! Suh now works for AllState!

GHOSST
01-01-2012, 05:51 PM
What a surprise for Flynn! He's showing his worth, he's not going anywhere soon, unless he feel's he can do better as a starter somewhere, Oh well, on to the playoffs with healthy players and good morale. Woot!

GTSLOW
01-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Shows how much you know, douche bag. :)

LOL ok douche nozzle the morning weather report certianly didn't show favorable conditions.

All I can say is given the conditions and what Flynn did teams will be fighting for the kid come free agency. Aren't the Lions D suppose to be good?

Todd Z
01-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Flynn to Indy?? Not a chance, they have the first pick in the draft and will likely take Luck. The big question is will they release Manning. He is due 28 million March 1. I think if Manning is cleared to play Indy will keep him and sit Luck behind him like Young and Rodgers sat and learned from elite QB's.

MY FYN 79
01-01-2012, 08:36 PM

Take the good with the bad.

What an awesome game to watch. More props IMO to the Pack in this one though. Flynn stepped into some pretty big shoes and ended up on top of Detriot's playoff bound roster.

GTSLOW
01-01-2012, 08:54 PM

Always a retarded way to look at it. How do you know what else would have happened if they would have gotten the TD? Could the lions of scored 5 more TD's got shut out? You just don't know. Also gotta feel for the ref as he was standing a few feet behind burnette whom may have been blocking his view of youngs feet.

GTSLOW
01-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Take the good with the bad.

What an awesome game to watch. More props IMO to the Pack in this one though. Flynn stepped into some pretty big shoes and ended up on top of Detriot's playoff bound roster.

Hey played pretty good in the Pats game last year as well. Had the refs properly made the call whether it was a 1st down or 4th down that game could have ended much much different. If I remember corretly they had some time left on the clock and were in the red zone.

Lash
01-01-2012, 08:57 PM
I can see Flynn in Chicago.

spooln30
01-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Flynn will probably go to either the Raiders or Vikings. He had a really good game. DET has to feel pretty shitty that they got beat by second strings.

GTSLOW
01-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Flynn will probably go to either the Raiders or Vikings. He had a really good game. DET has to feel pretty shitty that they got beat by second strings.

Flynn will not go to the Vikings or the Raiders those are the last teams that would go for him? Where exactly did that come from? Raiders gave up a 1st and potential 1st for Palmer. The Vikings used their first rounder last year on Ponder and have a chance to use another on a potential great one this year.

More than likely teams that will be going for Flynn Washington Redskins, New York Jets, & Miami Dolphins? There's also lots of teams who have meh QB's that could go after him. Hell he could end up on the Ravens and replace that pile of shit named Flacco with that retarded mustache.

PB86MCSS
01-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Only a few teams have a huge need for QB, some others have young guys they likely will want to give an extended look (Jax, Tennessee, Minnesota) before signing a guy who's looked good after two starts. Granted, he's looked really good, but he has the Packers offense to work with ;).

I was looking forward to seeing Harrell play but man, what a game to see. Made it easier to watch in a way because it really didn't matter on the outcome.

Prince Valiant
01-02-2012, 09:47 AM
I think Flynn has a good chance to go to Seattle...Jackson was solid, but certainly not spectacular. Might he go to Denver???

That said, I still wonder if Flynn's truly a starter in the league. He played well, but wow, can you tell a difference b/w him and Stafford, much less Rodgers. Flynn is no Tommy Maddox...more like a Frank Reich. Where he seems most off-putting is when he throws...it's a bizarre, compacted throw that almost looks like he's pushing the ball rather than the classic qb throw...though this does keep his delivery shorter and makes it harder for a DB to intercept a well placed ball. Though I think the chances are better that he'll end up like Cassell (Brady's back-up, now at KC); a solid starter for any team that manages games well...sometimes very well as we saw, but won't make any team an automatic contender just by being there.

Couldn't believe how many people were calling for bringing 3rd stringer Graham Harrell to come in during the third quarter....just to protect flynn. As well, many were calling for them to sit Nelson too...

Anyone know why Randall Cobb was inactive?

DirtyMax
01-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Tim Tebow will be holding Matt Flynn's clipboard next season.

DirtyMax
01-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Anyone know why Randall Cobb was inactive?

Groin, precautionary...

GHOSST
01-02-2012, 11:23 AM
I think he'll play it safe. Why risk the chance becoming a flop on some other team after only a few starts? Obviously he's learning from Rodgers, just like Rodgers did from Farve, even if they didn't like each other, its obvious Rodgers did what any good protege should do, take what you learn and make it better and unique in your own right, make your own legacy. Flynn is not quite there yet, so if he's smart, he'd just wait a couple more years, chance a few more rings, some more amazing experience, and then think abroad.

CATNHAT
01-02-2012, 02:45 PM
I think he'll play it safe. Why risk the chance becoming a flop on some other team after only a few starts? Obviously he's learning from Rodgers, just like Rodgers did from Farve, even if they didn't like each other, its obvious Rodgers did what any good protege should do, take what you learn and make it better and unique in your own right, make your own legacy. Flynn is not quite there yet, so if he's smart, he'd just wait a couple more years, chance a few more rings, some more amazing experience, and then think abroad.
This is true but his agent will talk him into taking a huge pay increase and will go somewhere else. Flynns voicemail was prolly full last night!

flyin_blue_egg
01-02-2012, 02:59 PM

Thats kind of what I was thinking. With his two starts (granted one was a loss) he should just take a pretty good raise from the pack and stay put. Most of the teams that really need a QB either already drafted a young guy (think st. louis, minn etc) or sucked so much this year they will be able to draft a decent qb (got guys like Luck, Weeden, possibly Landy Jones from OU, and RG3 has alreayd announced he's going pro).

I also think that the sample size for him is too small for many teams to get a good feel for how much he's really worth. I mean he almost beat NE last year, and beat Det. this year in a game where granted he was playing mostly with GB 2nd string, there was no pressure to win the game. It was go out there and have fun kid. This packers are really the only team that know how much he's really worth.

GTSLOW
01-02-2012, 03:52 PM
See the thing is the packers.have Finley to deal with next year. Many have said we'll have to decide between Flynn or Finley. . Also the money I'm sure teams are offering will be to hard to pass up. Shit he was being looked at as potential trade bait at the beggining of the season.

flyin_blue_egg
01-02-2012, 04:43 PM
See the thing is the packers.have Finley to deal with next year. Many have said we'll have to decide between Flynn or Finley. . Also the money I'm sure teams are offering will be to hard to pass up. Shit he was being looked at as potential trade bait at the beggining of the season.

The only reason I say we need to bring back Finley is b/c Driver is prob. done after this year. Other wise I'd say let his ass go. He's inconsistant and very very full of himself.

GTSLOW
01-02-2012, 05:57 PM
I dunno I've always thought he played well. IMO he's came up big at many times throughout the past year and last year as well. Always seemed like he was ole reliable when it came to 3rd and long. However the last few games it seems he's been off. I think they'll let Flynn go and franchise Finley for a year.

Waver
01-02-2012, 07:52 PM
I dunno I've always thought he played well. IMO he's came up big at many times throughout the past year and last year as well. Always seemed like he was ole reliable when it came to 3rd and long. However the last few games it seems he's been off. I think they'll let Flynn go and franchise Finley for a year.

Honestly, I think they are done with Finley. McCarthy isnt too happy with him.