PDA

View Full Version : WTB Clean Syclone roller, hurt motor etc No rebuild\salvage titles

Nickerz
12-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Howdy,
I'm looking for a clean body with no rust. Mileage does not matter, engine running does not matter. Cleaner the body the better. Closer to Wisconsin helps, but honestly would prefer a car that's been in the south since there is less under body rust to deal with.

* Cladding must without any physical damage.
* Even blown engines must be included with the sale. Not looking for cars without an engine in them.
* No salvage\rebuilds. My insurance won't cover them without an additional rider.

If your engine is running, or you have a lower mileage car I will take that into account. But I'm not going to care as much as your average buyer since the vehicle is going to be a frame up restoration and something I'm going to drive until the wheels fall off.

Pictures and price are essential. I'm not interested in dealing with non-motivated sellers who "don't need to sell." If you have a Sy sitting in your garage or barn or whatever and want to get rid of it, you have a buyer.

Thanks

WhatsADSM
12-19-2011, 05:08 PM
This is going to be... um... hard to find. I would post up on some sy-ty forums, that's going to be your best bet.

BeesTwinEG
12-19-2011, 05:26 PM
nvm...good luck for this search lol

Nickerz
12-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Its not going to be that bad. I've already had 2 vehicles offered at SYTY. I figured I would put this here just in case someone knows someone etc. It seems like at least 30% of Syclones are in poor to non-running condition out of the survivors. They're 20 years old, expensive to fix and not really in demand. But yeah I know they're rare.

Irish
12-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Syty for the win!

Nickerz
12-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Bump

fly5150
12-26-2011, 09:12 PM
I miss my Ty. Why are you set on the Sy? The Typhoon is much more comfortable to drive if you are remotly tall.
That is all.
Nothing more fun than building Boost at the line and the rear tires slowly start spinning.....
60 foot is fantastic, top end is like a school bus.
:)

Nickerz
12-26-2011, 09:36 PM
I miss my Ty. Why are you set on the Sy? The Typhoon is much more comfortable to drive if you are remotly tall.
That is all.
Nothing more fun than building Boost at the line and the rear tires slowly start spinning.....
60 foot is fantastic, top end is like a school bus.
:)

I'm not tall ;)

-stew-
12-27-2011, 07:15 AM
I was gonna flame you for asking for too much, but I recently picked up something along similar lines that I've been looking for for a very long time and had all but written off as unobtainable. It kinda fell into my lap. All I can say is watch the forums, searchtempest.com, and there is an app that searches Craigslist. The Cl app is how I found the truck I was looking for.

-stew-
12-27-2011, 07:17 AM
There is a lot of shit out there. You just have to be diligent looking and pounce when something comes up.

Nickerz
12-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks guys ;)