PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Parts

OxmanWI
12-15-2011, 12:56 PM
I'll start by humiliating myself by saying I didn't lock the doors on my car last night while my car was parked at a friend’s place in Brown Deer.

They stole a BRAND NEW pair of Ford Racing PI heads and the fucking change in my cup holders.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h72/oxman64/1.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h72/oxman64/2.jpg

They will ether try and sell them or take them to the metal scrap place.

If you see or hear anything please send me an email.

Thank you
Josh

88Nightmare
12-15-2011, 01:46 PM
I'll be trolling Craigslist looking for them since I'm so damn bored at work

Haulin' Oates
12-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Holy shit, that really blows. I will keep an ear out in the Madison area.

GHOSST
12-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Hmmm, only low life's steal change from cup holders. So I bet they'll pop up soon somewhere for sale, what part of Brown Deer? My step mom lives out there, and that place has gone down hill...

Car Guy
12-15-2011, 01:59 PM
I feel your pain, been there done that. I would not be surprised if they end up at a scrap yard. Items like that are not easy to haul around and are very easy to notice. Those are a good amount of pure aluminum and scrap would bring decent $$$. There are scrap yards in Milwaukee that will take anything if you have an 'inside' connection, blee dat.

Out of curiosity, what is the retail price and would somebody realistically pay for them via private party sale?

I scan CL's auto parts section day and night and will keep my eyes wide open.....:wooo

OxmanWI
12-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Thank you

Hmmm, only low life's steal change from cup holders. So I bet they'll pop up soon somewhere for sale, what part of Brown Deer? My step mom lives out there, and that place has gone down hill...

The apartments on Green Bay by county line just down the road from the YMCA

I feel your pain, been there done that. I would not be surprised if they end up at a scrap yard. Items like that are not easy to haul around and are very easy to notice. Those are a good amount of pure aluminum and scrap would bring decent $$$. There are scrap yards in Milwaukee that will take anything if you have an 'inside' connection, blee dat.

Out of curiosity, what is the retail price and would somebody realistically pay for them via private party sale?

I scan CL's auto parts section day and night and will keep my eyes wide open.....:wooo

NEW they are worth $8-900

I just feel like an idiot. Live and learn I guess. I just picked them up form a guy in Chicago for a good price. I was going to go to the UPS store today to have them boxed up and sent to MHS in Florida to have a stage two port job done. Sucks! At least they tried the door handle before smashing the window.

GHOSST
12-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Yea definitely some low life took it.. I imagine they won't know what to do with it, unless they are dumb enough to try to use them, but I almost want to guarantee they'll try to scrap them or CL them with some half assed ad that you could probably call out in a second. What sucks though is that most scrap yards won't even bat an eye at the character of the individual, or why he would even be scrapping something perfectly useful...

I'll be keeping my eye on CL for you.

And please no one spoke to perp if you find something interesting!

TheRX7Project
12-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Those are aluminum aren't they? They're probably already ingots... good luck though. Fucking lowlifes.

OxmanWI
12-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Yes they are aluminum.

Ricky Bobby
12-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Unless they know what the hell they are for they will be scrap weight already was taken in prob first thing this morning lazy low-lifes ? though why not put in trunk just leave lay in back seat?

0TransAm0
12-15-2011, 04:50 PM
What he ^^^ said...

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

OxmanWI
12-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Unless they know what the hell they are for they will be scrap weight already was taken in prob first thing this morning lazy low-lifes ? though why not put in trunk just leave lay in back seat?

My trunk was already full. Thank god they didn't go back there cause I had my airport fire gear. I had a moving blanket covering them up. It was only going to be for the night. I had to go to a meeting this morning then right after I was going to go to the UPS store to have them shipped to save on gas and time.

Dr.Buick
12-15-2011, 07:47 PM
call ins co might cover them

BR3W CITY
12-16-2011, 09:31 AM
The apartments on Green Bay by county line just down the road from the YMCA

My friend lives in the condo's apartments on Cherrywood Ln, which is the 2nd-3rd complex from the YMCA...white/brick 2 stories. I was there for a chunk of yesterday..did this just happend?

venm4u97
12-17-2011, 06:09 AM
wow..just crazy

OxmanWI
12-17-2011, 10:05 AM
My friend lives in the condo's apartments on Cherrywood Ln, which is the 2nd-3rd complex from the YMCA...white/brick 2 stories. I was there for a chunk of yesterday..did this just happend?

Yes on Wednesday Night. I'm thinking someone in the surrounding apartment building stole it. My friends are keeping a close eye. Honestly it's my damn fault and I need to just get over it. Live and learn. I was stupid enough to leave it in my car. I'm just going to enjoy the CHRISTMAS season and get another used pair next month.

Mods you can lock if you want, thanks everyone!!!

Irish
05-06-2012, 10:58 AM
What ever happened with this? Did they catch they guy? Did your insurance cover the heads?

GTSLOW
05-06-2012, 05:13 PM
He's SOL that's what happened.

OxmanWI
05-06-2012, 09:19 PM
SOL. Live and learn.

I replaced them with these guys...

MV Performance Ported PI heads

• Ferea Valves
• Comp Cam Springs
• 9 threaded SP holes
• GT rockers