PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobile hat racing?

Sprayaway Fox
12-12-2011, 10:56 PM
I usually help out a local club during their radar runs, but they notice alot of people just hanging after they get done racing.

I brought up of going to the other side of the lake and having hat races for sleds where you actually line up against someone. Classes would be something to the point of 600 non studded, studded. 700 and 800's and a modded class for each CC, to start out with and go from their. Side betting would be encouraged.

Vague rules would be each group would have to pop hoods and let each guy in thier class check out the other persons sled. Thinking buy in would be 20 bucks for each class, and flashlight starts.

If you were thier with a sled that fit the class would you "kick in" for something like this? Just wondering if its something to give a shot or not.

sloLs1
12-13-2011, 09:32 AM
i like the idea... depending where and when id come to watch! and ive got a few friends with some quick sleds!

GRNDNL
12-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Depending where it is I'm in.............

stenchmiester
12-13-2011, 01:03 PM
If my junk is done ill come put the smack down in mod class. Would it be based on honesty for cc. I have had people at sanctioned races play bs with how big they really are

outlawgibbs
12-13-2011, 01:07 PM
With enough notice I'd come out to check it out. I have a few guys that would tag along as well

Jsho13
12-14-2011, 06:39 AM
I would be interested. Got a new race sled in the works that will hopefully be done by xmas.

Cryptic
12-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Pending my sled working... I'm in, for the fun of it

Sprayaway Fox
12-14-2011, 06:19 PM
It would be at Long Lake if we get the ball rolling on it. I have to talk to the head club guy and go for a vote. Rules are a little vague, but I think if everybody had to pop hoods and have the racers comb each others stuff I think it would keep it pretty fair. Plus some club guys know the ins and outs of each brand pretty good.

Possibly something like, stock, improved stock and modded for a couple CC classes. Not really sure yet how to break it up because we dont want the REALLY SERIOUS guys coming with some vodoo sled to kill the fun for the average racer. Id like to keep the mod sleds in the mod class.

I know their were 5 sleds their that hit 140 MPH just gotta find a way to keep it relatively safe and keep the crowd going. I dont know, gotta draw up some plans. If it passes Ill come back and ask for some feedback. Thanks guys

outlawgibbs
12-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Not really sure yet how to break it up because we dont want the REALLY SERIOUS guys coming with some vodoo sled to kill the fun for the average racer. Id like to keep the mod sleds in the mod class.This is going to happen no matter what, itll only be a matter of time. The sad part of racing is if there is money involved someone will find a way to bend the rules to win no matter the cost. I know a few guys who can make a sled appear stock but beat just about anything out there. Also the big difference between picks and studs is huge so that would have to be considered as well. You might be biting off more then you can chew so be prepared