PDA

View Full Version : Jet car....is it fake?

lordairgtar
12-12-2011, 05:27 PM
You tell me, is this real? This guy was originally from Big Bend.
http://autos.aol.com/article/cruise-missile-on-chevy-impala/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl10|sec1_lnk3|119412

73MACH
12-12-2011, 05:41 PM
At first I thought maybe a real engine but just a flame coming out with no thrust, but if you watch the front end of the car when he ignites the engine, the front end lifts up some. Looks like it lifts up more than just a really nice car motor would do so........I think it is probably real. I don't see that thing going 300 mph without the car falling apart though so I don't know how you can actually come up with a top speed for it. If that's the case,
my ranger should do 600 mph with a model rocket motor on it....

juicedimpss
12-12-2011, 05:55 PM
that is scotty k's old car!
seriously.

JaMichaels
12-12-2011, 07:52 PM
You guys are kidding right?

Jet cars don't do burn outs.. Jet cars don't lift the front end up even a little.. and a jet engine has a very distinct sound.

That's a flame thrower with a blower motor attached to the roof of a big block chevy.

jimez1
12-12-2011, 08:11 PM
That may not be real< but the guy is for real. He has a Peterbuilt 378 long nose that has three engines from Veitnam era fighters called F-101 Voodoos. He also has a 50's Chevy pick up truck with the same engines on it. Not as many though I can't remember if it is two or just one. He is very popular in the Airshow circuit. He uses the Peterbuilt and Chevy truck to race aircraft. From the propeller driven aerobatic planes to jet fighters. I saw him plenty of times. He raced an F-14 that my friend was pilot of. Lost huge on that race. Can;t mess with an F-14 fullafterburner and wings swept. He also has a micro jet engine starpped to a Port-A-Jon. I am sure if you google any one of those trucks or bathroom you will see youtube results. Big truck is called Shockwave

JaMichaels
12-12-2011, 08:19 PM
After looking at this guys website, it says the car still has a big block in it, but says does "thrust enhanced donuts".. Stupid if you ask me..

73MACH
12-12-2011, 11:42 PM
You guys are kidding right?

Jet cars don't do burn outs.. Jet cars don't lift the front end up even a little.. and a jet engine has a very distinct sound.

That's a flame thrower with a blower motor attached to the roof of a big block chevy.

Thanks for stating the obvious about doing burnouts, there is still a regular damn motor in the car to do the burnouts, and why wouldn't the front end lift up a little from the thrust? Please explain....

Wagonbacker9
12-13-2011, 01:31 AM
Thanks for stating the obvious about doing burnouts, there is still a regular damn motor in the car to do the burnouts, and why wouldn't the front end lift up a little from the thrust? Please explain....

With where the jet is placed.... if anything it would be pushing DOWN on the front end of the car.. Angle of force.

I also suspect that the roof of that car is nowhere NEAR strong enough to support the thrust generated if it were real. If that was bolted to a full cage, I would still call it questionable.

That engine wouldn't be throwing out NEARLY that much flame. It would all be wasted energy.

Then there was the pulsing on the front strait away... jet engines don't pulse, they spool much like a very large turbo. You could pulse an afterburner, but cruise missiles aren't equipped with afterburners.

In short.... fake. No question.

GHOSST
12-13-2011, 02:10 AM
Its Looney Toons in real life! Cool.

wheelsofsteel
12-13-2011, 08:21 AM
that is scotty k's old car!
seriously.

Ron is not bullshitting either. True story.
It was originally own by Pat at Rod and Competition in butler. Then Scotty K acquired it. Obviously sold it to this tard. When the guy bought it he even said he was going to make a "rocket car" out of it, ok dude good luck with that.
Sad part of it all, besides it being a really nice car, is that it was a factory big block ex-police car. Had a decent big block in it and went 11's when Pat owned it.

GHOSST
12-13-2011, 08:27 AM
I have to say that is a pretty cool story, not about the car though, seems like a waste of a good ride..

SmokinRAM114
12-13-2011, 11:25 AM
stender is awesome! but id smack him for that!

wheelsofsteel
12-13-2011, 02:42 PM
stender is awesome! but id smack him for that!

You know this dude??? LOLOL

DoubleAron
12-13-2011, 05:22 PM
You know this dude??? LOLOL

That would suprise you that Chris would know someone like that? You fool!

lol

Waver
12-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Ron is not bullshitting either. True story.
It was originally own by Pat at Rod and Competition in butler. Then Scotty K acquired it. Obviously sold it to this tard. When the guy bought it he even said he was going to make a "rocket car" out of it, ok dude good luck with that.
Sad part of it all, besides it being a really nice car, is that it was a factory big block ex-police car. Had a decent big block in it and went 11's when Pat owned it.

I thought that car looked familliar. However, with so many cars that were built like that in that color, I passed that off.....

Did anyone yell at Scotty k for selling that guy that car?

easytoremember
12-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Looney Tunes.... nice! I'd like to have a Tex Avery Looney Tunes though.... with the fox and the showgirl

BAD LS1
12-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Not the first time a 67 impala followed this same sorta life! Well as a story perhaps anyway. http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1995-04.html

lordairgtar
12-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Andy Granitelli did it in the 40s with a small first gen JATO...car went 150 mph.