PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, that stuff actually does something?

SMS 1
09-01-2004, 12:18 AM
Thats what I kept tinking about all of the commercials on TV for all of this Valvoline "High Mileage" crap, blah blah blah. But, I'm leaving for South Dakota on Friday and noticed a drip drip drip coming from the trans pan the other day so I figured it'd be a good idea to do a trans service on it (94 GP GTP 3.4L 4T60-E). I was VERY hesitant to use anything but the GM steel/rubber type gasket but cheapy aftmkt was the best I could do short notice. Got to the parts store to pick the stuff up and saw some of the Valvoline High Mileage trans fluid and had a couple extra bucks so I decided to try it :goof

The thing is like a whole new car!

The fluid really wasn't bad to begin with and you can tell it's been done within the last 3 years, but man does she shift nice now.

Gets a :thumbsup from me.

wikked
09-01-2004, 01:25 AM
rofl @ mr. yuck

So is this stuff synthetic? pricey? details :)

SMS 1
09-01-2004, 09:03 AM
I don't think it's syn. was a little pricey at $2.35/qt. but not too bad.

wikked
09-01-2004, 05:56 PM
hmm...that's 1/3 the price of B&M Trickshìt, which is the devil for Mitsu A/T trannies I've found out the hard way.

Syclone0044
09-01-2004, 08:43 PM
I also found Mobil1 Synth ATF to be:

1.) very hard to find
2.) very expensive ($5-6/qt)
3.) of no benefit to shift quality, or fluid life (no name Dexron III wore out at the same 7000-8000 mile point for me, TCC lockups no longer showing negative RPMs on datalogging software)

FWIW.