PDA

View Full Version : Bonus antlerless tags this weekend, late dec gun season.

Russ Jerome
12-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Do you have to buy them 24hrs in advance? I used my regular antlerless tag already this year.
Dragging my feet because I dont know if landowner will let me take a 2nd doe (he is going for numbers).

Josepy
12-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Do you have to buy them 24hrs in advance? I used my regular antlerless tag already this year.
Dragging my feet because I dont know if landowner will let me take a 2nd doe (he is going for numbers).

I am not sure you can buy more. I think this is for unused tags only. Unless I missed something. I suppose I think you could still buy an archery bonus so maybe you can get a gun. Call the store where you would buy it from they can tell you. I for one wish there was no late Doe hunt. Cuts out of my archery time.

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/wildlife/hunt/regs/deer.pdf

animal
12-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Just argue to the dnr that the deer are already all dead anyway, whats one more tag :goof

DirtyMax
12-07-2011, 03:24 PM
They are valid the minute you buy them. Here is a (fairly) up to date list of how many are left per deer management unit..

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/caer/cs/bonusavailability.htm

All hunting licenses are effective immediately after purchase and with the opening
of the specific seasons. Gun and archery deer licenses may be purchased before and
during any open deer season. All licenses from the 2011 license year expire on March
31, 2012

Josepy
12-07-2011, 03:43 PM
I am also in Herd Control and having a hard time filling the ones I have.

Russ Jerome
12-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Good info thanks! The owner of the property hun on hit a doe with his SL500 last week so Im hoping he says kill em all! I got a buck and doe already but those hot sticks from Karls is going fast, need one more doe.

73MACH
12-07-2011, 08:43 PM
I love Karls!! Right down the street from me. I didn't get a deer during the gun season as I was waiting for a buck and when I was ready to shoot a doe, all I saw were fawns.....doh! But I got a doe on sunday with the
muzzloader so I was at karls yesterday. Summer sausage is awesome and the sticks, what can I say, Dirty Kurt has offered some of his services if I pay him in venison sticks from there but no cash! lol.

Irish
12-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Rays?

73MACH
12-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Oh yeah, oops. Lmao, rays....karls....brain fart! Thanks.