PDA

View Full Version : RIP Reggie Johnson

nismodave
12-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Any old school drag/street racers would remember Reggie from the North Side.

He was a great guy. : (

STANMAN
12-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Was he in the middle of restoring an old Stingray? If so, it's the Reggie Johnson I used to work with, he was an old street racer, pretty common name though. Either way, sucks to lose one of our own, the Reggie Johnson I worked with was big, black, bald, thick rimmed glasses, and could talk your ear off. Also one of the nicest people I know.

GHOSST
12-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Yea thats the same Reggie, Rebecca posted a pic of him on FB. Rest in peace man..

nismodave
12-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Yea, same guy.

GRAMPS SS
12-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Rest in peace my friend...you will be missed by so may...you touched alot of hearts...

STANMAN
12-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Wow, Reggie and I went WAY back, 20 years or so. We worked together for 10 years, the stories he told about back in the day were always the best. My heart aches thinking about it!

STANMAN
12-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Reggie was a man of faith, he is with his Father now, and we will be reunited on day in our Father's kingdom, until then, RIP friend.

Feature Pony
12-02-2011, 09:06 PM
R.I.P. Reggie, you will be missed!

b4mytm
12-02-2011, 09:16 PM
RIP Reggie. You will be missed by so many.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/b4mytm/P1310157.jpg

lordairgtar
12-03-2011, 01:19 AM
I've met him. Really nice man. RIP Reg.

2 bad z's
12-03-2011, 06:26 AM
RIP my friend

*SNOOP*
12-04-2011, 10:55 PM
RIP Reg.... Any word on what happened?

STANMAN
12-05-2011, 12:17 PM
RIP Reg.... Any word on what happened?

Lots of rumors I have heard, from pnumoneia to "other". Did talk to a bunch of people we used to work with, they said an autopsy would be performed. Thought that was odd, but my wife (who is a nurse) said that anyone who isn't expected to die and dies "alone" (as without any witness present) it is routine to have an autopsy. What I can tell you is that Reggie was a great human being, one of the best I had the pleasure of knowing, and that we will meet again in Heaven, as he was a believer, a strong one at that.

wheelsofsteel
12-07-2011, 08:18 AM
So nobody knows anything to what is going on?? I haven't seen an obituary or anything. Just doesn't make sense.
Any information would be greatly appreciate for all that are struggling with the unknown. Please be respectful and only post information that is positively true. Thank you

STANMAN
12-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Heard from former co-workers that his service will be today at 11am on 76th and Appleton, they didn't know the name of the church. I looked up the address and called the closest church to that address and they don't have a service listed for him. Sorry I can't be more help, it's not from lack of trying, he's been in my prayers ever since I heard of his passing. He will always a great person, and friend.

wheelsofsteel
12-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Well, hopefully that isn't the case as ALOT of friends have been waiting to hear of such a service and would be devastated if we missed it.

wheelsofsteel
12-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Unfortunately I come to find out that was the case. The funeral service was today at 11am at Paradise Memorial Funeral Home.
Wish we would have been more in the know as to what was going on so we could have arranged to attend to pay our respects.

Reggie....you will be missed dearly. Rest in peace

STANMAN
12-07-2011, 02:51 PM
He was a gentle giant, I worked with him for 10 years, lots of 12 hour days, his department fed my department and as the lead I was always on him to get me my parts, he loved it when I would come back to hassle him because he knew I would take time to ask about his mom (they were still very close at the time, that changed in the later years) and listen to his stories. He loved his stories, loved telling them, and was very good at it. He loved my ex wife (as did I at the time) and always made sure I was treating her right, lol. The thing I liked most about Reggie was that even when you were on the opposite side of an arguement that he was, he would always listen, not try to talk you down, or convince you of his side, but he would truley listen. We talked about everything, politics, religion, race, I mean every single "taboo" subject there is, and even if we weren't like minded, that was never a problem, he was still my friend, and I was still his. Since we were so like minded we would sometimes just say stuff just to get a rise out of each other, I remember leaving one night and he asked me what I was going to do and I told him "Well Reg, I think I am going to stop by the bar, get hammered, and then go home and beat up my wife that you're so in love with", knowing that I don't drink, and that I loved my wife he just gave me a big smile, shook his head, and said "see you tomorrow Bob". He was just a gentle giant, and will be missed. The last time we talked was at a car show, and it had been about a year since I had seen him, so I started razzing him about his corvette (all the time we worked together he was always talking about getting it done, but in 10 years it wasn't) and he told me "Stanisch, next time you give me jazz about my car, it will be ready to smoke your car". I never thought he would ever get it done, but Wayne said that it was at WOW this past year, and that made me happy, because he loved that car. Sorry for the long post, but it does my heart good to talk about such a dear friend who has passed. Take care Reggie, and see you again one day!