PDA

View Full Version : Verizon referral......

Car Guy
11-30-2011, 11:31 AM
I am finally upgrading to a smart phone and would like a referral opposed to a 'shot in the dark'. Most of the people I dealt with at Verizon were great but figured if somebody has a friend or relative working there I will give the commission to them......

BoosTT
11-30-2011, 12:21 PM
You'll get the best deals online.....

-stew-
11-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Why verison? Every one i know that has verison pays twice or more for everything I have through US Cellular.

GsxrBots
11-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Probably because he wants a REAL phone.. Something that US Cellular can't offer...

HTC EVO 3G with tapatalk.

Slow5oh
11-30-2011, 06:08 PM
US Cellular does have some nice android devices now. You pay more for Verizon but imo it's worth it. 4glte is fast as hell, customer service has always been top notch, they don't mess up my bill every month like att lways did and when I'm in the middle of no where and have 3g while others can't even send/receive a text it makes me happy to pay that little bit more.

BoosTT
11-30-2011, 07:06 PM
US Cellular does have some nice android devices now. You pay more for Verizon but imo it's worth it. 4glte is fast as hell, customer service has always been top notch, they don't mess up my bill every month like att lways did and when I'm in the middle of no where and have 3g while others can't even send/receive a text it makes me happy to pay that little bit more.
Exactly. Its worth it. (From my vzw droid).

jakedrew
11-30-2011, 07:37 PM
I will agree with Verizon/3g working in the middle of no where.

Z28Envy
11-30-2011, 07:46 PM
I switched from Verizon to Att because I never had signal at work in Belgium which where i work is a mile from I43. If I walked outside I had 1 bar Verizon but inside the building and its on extended network and constantly trying to switch to Verizon towers because it picked up just enough Verizon to make the phone want to be on Verizon but then there isn't enough signal to do anything. I had put up with it for years and finally switched. I always had a hard time getting signal in my house on the N side of Plymouth. ATT comes if perfect in both places.

I liked Verizon but just the signal wasn't good in the 2 spots where I needed them the most. I travel to MN alot and Verizon was hit or miss just like Att. My phone would be on Extended network most of the way there and wouldnt get 3g my Att phone has good signal the whole way but doesnt get on 3g much either so they are about the same. I had the droid x on verizon and the iphone 4 now on att so both good phones.

That_Guy
11-30-2011, 10:46 PM
best buy.. thats is where i went and i got a killer good deal. Way better then what the verizon store could do.

pOrk
12-01-2011, 07:47 AM
I agree with buyin online, I forget the website but there's one that offers every phone for less then half of the cellular stores when you sign a contract through them and monthly rates are the same as the store too.

jamestown478
12-01-2011, 08:52 PM
I personally love the service I get with verizon. They always seem to have the most up to date phones over the competition and in having them for the last 6 years I have yet to have a dropped call and run into very few areas where I don't get service. Where when I had at&t with my work phones the service areas just sucked ass.

Car Guy
12-01-2011, 08:53 PM
You'll get the best deals online.....

You referring to the phone itself or phone and service?

Why verison? Every one i know that has verison pays twice or more for everything I have through US Cellular.

I have been with Verizon since before Verizon bought PrimeCo and have not had one issue EVER. I am staying with Verizon and do not need input on other carriers.....

best buy.. thats is where i went and i got a killer good deal. Way better then what the verizon store could do.

Details please, the iPhone 4s (not sure on which 'size') is by far at the top of my list......

I agree with buyin online, I forget the website but there's one that offers every phone for less then half of the cellular stores when you sign a contract through them and monthly rates are the same as the store too.

Is the service through Verizon? I never heard of going through anything but Verizon directly for service......

michelle
12-01-2011, 08:58 PM
I have always ordered my Verizon phones online. Much better deals. I'll go to the Verizon store only to see phones in person before purchasing. I hate how pushy/cocky the employees are. Never had a good experience in-person, yet online and phone support is awesome.

That_Guy
12-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Well instead of the mail in rebate bull crap you get at the verizon store its an instant rebate. Also the activation is free. You dont have to deal with some pushy sales person. I used my best buy credit card so i got double points. It was way better then what the verizon sales person could do for me all together. I actaully ended up saving like 80-100 dollars when it was all said and done. I went to the verizon store in delifield and walked right next store to the best buy..

BoosTT
12-02-2011, 07:37 AM
You get the phones cheaper online. The monthly rates are still the same. No activation fee online either and they usually include next day shipping free.

-stew-
12-03-2011, 01:08 PM
A mile back in the woods off a gravel road that is seven miles from the nearest paved road, ten miles from the nearest county highway I get service with my us cellular Samsung mesmerized (galaxy s). And last night laying in bed with the gf, her verisimilitude phone refused to load a you tube video and my not real phone had nooo issuses.