PDA

View Full Version : Home Owners Insurance.... Recommendations ?

awsomeears
11-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Your good and bad experiences with home insurance ?

I will have two garages, 5 cars and a ton of trees on my property, I want my ASS to be covered just in case :)

Please share your story's and who you deal with

Yooformula
11-29-2011, 07:31 PM
simple version. I chose liberty insurance agent Nathan Kohls because they were the only company out of the many I called that gave me a definitive answer in writing covering my car and ALL of the mods for the full price I listed. Other companies couldnt give a straight answer after speaking with their underwriters or would only cover a certain amount of certain mods. Liberty's price was very good and the coverage was better than any other plus I finally had flood coverage.

0TransAm0
11-29-2011, 07:53 PM
I have state farm. Never had a problem with them. As far as the mods on my car go,my agent told me to keep all the receipts for them and it will be covered should something happen...and yes I have it in print as well..

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

jbiscuit
11-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Call Debbie White at Johnson Insurance. Best agent and coverage bar none. I have a policy with Travelers. Debbie White: (262) 321-1111. You'lll get the BEST rate available for your needs and they can write a ton of different policies to get you the best coverage. 110% happy with them

JC70SS
11-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Travelers is good....all depends on where you live. Badger Mutual is good within city of Milwaukee. Am Fam sucks, stay away from them.

awsomeears
11-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Am Fam sucks, stay away from them.

They are my 1st contact to get a Quote, why do you not like them ?

Thanks for the info

Wagonbacker9
11-30-2011, 10:16 PM
I worked with American Family, and by moving my Car Ins to them at the same time I set up the homeowners policy... I effectively got the homeowners policy for free vs. my previous car ins rate. Doesn't really matter since my homeowners is escrowed anyway... but its nice to know.

nismodave
12-01-2011, 09:34 AM
.I have Acuity and they are great.

Car Guy
12-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Dave, Brad is already with Barb for auto insurance and might not realize she also deals with home insurance. I meant to mention something to him but both of us (more so Brad) have been very busy lately. On another note I want to personally thank you again for referring me to Barb. I have nothing but great things to say about her and the auto insurance she connected me with. I know she acquired multiple clients from people I referred and pass her name along at every chance I get. Recently she saved my good friend's mother over a 1k a year on auto insurance, that is impressive.....

JC70SS
12-01-2011, 12:22 PM
They are my 1st contact to get a Quote, why do you not like them ?

Thanks for the info
Terrible with claims. An Ins company may have great rates, but if they are hard to deal with or do not like to pay when it comes claim time that great rate was worthless.

awsomeears
12-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Well....

Yesterday we were just using General numbers based off the home's value and how much ( 5k or 10k ) a basement flood would cover... $750 per year give or take a few bucks and that was at a 195k burn down value, so today I got a call and there valuing the burn down value at 230k.... From talking with others I can see it will be more then I guessed...

I will get exact pricing next monday and update this...

pOrk
12-01-2011, 08:51 PM
750 is steep cal around. I have acuity 220k value and I'm paying 380 a year, have my cars through them as well and. O complaints. I hated AmFam and prices were steeeep

michelle
12-01-2011, 09:01 PM
I have Allstate right now. Haven't had to make a claim so I can't comment on that experience, but I am happy with the rates and coverage. Combining all coverage (cars, jewelry, home, etc.) sure helps!

awsomeears
12-01-2011, 10:08 PM
750 is steep cal around. I have acuity 220k value and I'm paying 380 a year, have my cars through them as well and. O complaints. I hated AmFam and prices were steeeep

Yea I'm no cheap ass but dam so far guesstamets are Pricey.... and thats not including any cars. If I have one car on the home owners policy it drops a $150.. but AmFam for my daily drivers is nuts !!!

*SNOOP*
12-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Farmers FTW!!!!!

Korndogg
12-05-2011, 07:57 PM
.I have Acuity and they are great.

I also have Acuity and I love it!

xxsn0blindxx
12-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Another vote for Acuity. So far I have only had to make an auto claim, but they were very good to work with and they have very good rates. I use Robert J Feest & Associates to find the lowest insurance rates. They beat Geico/Progressive and other online companies by hundreds of dollars per year. I'm currently paying $146 per month for 3 cars full coverage and house. Plus Acuity is a Wisconsin company based out of Sheboygan.

awsomeears
12-05-2011, 08:28 PM
I also have Acuity and I love it!

Roughly what do you spend per year, file any claims ?

A must for myself is Sewer Back up and Sump pump failure ....

Korndogg
12-05-2011, 08:37 PM
The only claim I filed was when I hit a deer with my truck about 7 or so years ago. Paid my $500 deductible and that was it for that. I just got my house policy last month. Paid $509 for the year for the house. I have my truck, the wife's car, and my Camaro on it. I don't remember exactly what I pay for the vehicle part of it. If you want more details I can look at my stuff and see what is exactly covered.

Also I love them because the guy I go through (Bedusek Agency in Cudahy) lets me call and leave a message in spring or whenever if I want to take my car out and I can just insure it for a day or weekend etc.

Korndogg
12-05-2011, 08:37 PM
double

brotherbenn83
12-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Try and pile everything together, I have both my cars the house and a $1mil umbrella policy and it is like $1500/year. I go thru agent John Jewell in Muskego who is actually the son of my high school auto shop teacher. John is a car guy and does classic car and custom car insurance appraisal all the time from what I understand so he might be someone worth talking to. The company is called American Advantage (262) 679-1511

88Nightmare
12-09-2011, 09:41 PM
I use a great agent with Sentry insurance for my renters and auto insurance. He's a really nice guy. Sentry does it all: life, auto, homeowners, renters... I can share his contact info if interest