PDA

View Full Version : Need to borrow WRx MAf sensor

BigSnailBuick
11-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Wondering if anyone has one I can snag for 10 minutes to check my MAf sensor.

I must have got more than 1 new problem at the same time. Exhaust leak...stud leak. Maybe my maf did go bad even though i just checked it. Random loss of power and change in exhaust note at WOT.

Larrygto
11-30-2011, 02:41 PM
I just bought a 2012, but I dought they use the same maf

Russ Jerome
11-30-2011, 03:07 PM
I've got an 03 sitting at home, in West allis should be home after 6pm, greenfeild / 894 area.

BigSnailBuick
11-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks Russ i may come try it for a sec. yet now the car is really starting to confuzzle me.

3 weeks ago i just felt like the car lost alot of power. Wasnt pulling like a raped ape anymore. Checked all the vac lines, made sure there wasn't a significant exhaust leak. It was just weird stuff. the car wont run with a $30 air filter off but will run fine with it on.. that really makes no sense to me lol

Any who this morning on my way to Milwaukee after clearing all my Cel's I noticed the car was compressor surging in between shifts. So im thinking the bov is acting up wtf is going on with my poor car!!!! On the way home some clown cuts me off hard so I ignore all the cars problems and stomp on it.. for the first time in 3 weeks the car pulled like a mofo again and the Bov worked. Im starting to relate this to a bad Bov or wastegate...?????

Russ Jerome
11-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Subarus have retarded electronics, blind and dum removing the air filter will screw up car's running.

The BOV is not needed to run the car, for a test slip a peice of tin or aluminum between the BOV and IC to prevent leaks. A leaking BOV would cause the issues you described.

I just got home...never should have hoped to get off on time! I'll pm you info, like to check out car myself and I have a modern badazz scanner.

Slow5oh
11-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Does it have an aftermarket BOV on it. What are all your mods.

BigSnailBuick
11-30-2011, 09:22 PM
02' wrx

Vf39 turbo, sti pink tops, intake, full 3" exhaust no cats. Dyno tuned using ECUtek

Its weird the car runs perfect now. Im thinkin my bov may be leaky. Its all I can think of at the moment.

Slow5oh
11-30-2011, 09:34 PM
honestly I'd ditch the bov and go back to stock setup