PDA

View Full Version : Remote start suggestions or reviews

73MACH
11-28-2011, 11:56 AM
The wife want's a remote start for her truck for x-mas, does anyone have any suggestions on what brand or model they have or like, and any to stay away from? Also prices, so damn many to choose from on the interweb, I would like some real world experienced reviews.

thanks for your time,

Jason

BoosTT
11-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Don't cheap out and make sure who installs it knows what they are doing. I've heard so many stories of people who have issues with remote starters with poor installations... like the car not starting even with the key.

Alarmtronics by state fair is the place to go. They know what they are talking about too... unlike some kid at bestbuy that never used a remote start before.

Car Guy
11-28-2011, 07:25 PM
These should be recent enough to be relevant.....

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?49382-Remote-starter-install&highlight=remote

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?42917-remote-start-installers&highlight=remote

1320PNY
11-28-2011, 09:26 PM
http://www.pythoncarsecurity.com/products/product.aspx?ProductID=619

The one we actually have is the "Responder One".

I bought a version of this for the wife 3 years ago. I like the ability to start/confirm start on the vehicle. I also like the ability to shut the car off if you change your mind about leaving without going outside. The system has a switch tied into the brake that cuts the car in the event it is unlocked and started and someone hops in and tries to take off. If the key is NOT in the ignition and someone hits the brakes, it kills the car.

I really like the internal temp option of this unit (linked), but I paid about $325 for mine installed (doesn't have a display). I unfortunately had mind done by a place that is no longer around. I have had NO issues, the install is as OE as can be, but the place couldn't stay alive.

I can tell you where NOT to go if you are interested PM me.

97z2801ss
11-28-2011, 10:03 PM
I love the remote start on the WnTr btr, have it done at alarmtronics python or valet are the two ive used on vehicles and they have been great

Russ Jerome
11-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Jason all modern remotes work excellent, its the install. The more you pay the better the instructions but also
lots of extra options you wont need (daily/weekly start times on program). Cheap $29 Auto parts units from
China do just what they are suppose to, start your 3 to 12 cylinder car. But they wont be flexable to modern
Cadilac theft deterent systems. Its the install, solid connections no Scotch locks under dash like most give you
in package. All modern remotes monitor engine rpm, they wont latch and hold run relay without input. It's a
fun project if you read the instructions the day before, rewarding to know its done right.

73MACH
11-29-2011, 12:33 AM
Thanks guys, I was looking at one of the python units and was also thinking about stopping at alarmtronics tomorrow as they do not list prices on the website.

wrath
11-29-2011, 05:24 AM
My favorite is AstroStart.

Russ Jerome
11-30-2011, 09:47 AM
My favorite is AstroStart.

I received an OLD astrostart someone else won in a raffle, they had it in a closet for YEARS, thing worked awesome in my old turbo minivan, cool run options too. Saw a similar model for $40 at Target years back, should have bought a few to use later :(