PDA

View Full Version : new TV show/episode: CMT Street Racing

PB86MCSS
08-30-2004, 09:24 PM
On satelite channel 327, CMT(not sure what it is) show was called Country's Most Shocking/Fast & Furious and is repeated at 11pm tonight...never even watched the channel before but there was a show on street racing they did for an hour. They interviewed the same assclown from MTV's *True Life, street racing* show from southern CA with the right hand drive Integra that ran 13's for 60k....lives at home with mommy and has spent *300k* so far on his Hondas. Quite a winner :loser .

Car was very biased towards imports, what a suprise...chances are the producers of the show never really investigated much beyond the same southern CA scene from that MTV show and found a couple older domestic guys to throw in with the import people they found. I love it how import guys seem to only know Camaros and Mustangs as domestic cars...like no other domestic cars exist that are fast on the roads. Had some good points about how the Police have a strong presence moreso now and that imports arguably ruined street racing, etc.

Pretty lame show, but thought I'd give the heads up....its a good way to waste an hour of your life :D. Feeding into the public perception that the fastest cars on the roads are FWD Hondas and whatnot :bsflag .

Al
08-30-2004, 10:23 PM
CMT use imports!?! That's a first. Almost all country videos and programs have domstics the whole nine yards. I can only think of one video where there is an import, and that is the "there goes my life" song where the characters daughter drives away in a honda at the end. Other than that, it's a lot of old school domestics.

SMS 1
08-30-2004, 10:59 PM
Other than that, it's a lot of old school domestics.
Kenny's good that way :)

Al
08-30-2004, 11:12 PM
I'm watching it right now....

WOAH!!!!!!!!

these guys are tough!!!

I'm scared. I hope I don't come across these people on the street.

The street racer life style...oh, what a life...i'm gonna give up skoo and get me a coo import, Yo.

(do i sound cool like them, yet)

Al
08-30-2004, 11:24 PM
Good lines

...it was like bringing a mule to the kentucky derby. (the imports vs. domsetic)

...and then "the fast and the furious" came out... and killed it

..and then they came with their hyundi's and moms astro's...

more to come...

Bad-TSi
08-31-2004, 02:54 AM
Where's my Cobra?

Al
08-31-2004, 11:14 AM
Well, the show began to take a modest approach to the racing idea later on.

The kudos given to the imports were back before f&f came out. They had one guy talk about going down there with some 4cyl and put up a good fight. They also talked about how everyone would scatter like cockroaches and crash into eachother when the cops came.

It was kinda funny so I kept it on. Also, seeing older people talk about the subject was alot better than some stupid kid.

JC70SS
08-31-2004, 02:32 PM
Some nice looking Asian girls :Hump That mountain racing is crazy!!