PDA

View Full Version : Roughing in Basement Bathroom

drewbird91
11-26-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm just kicking around the idea of adding a bath (3/4) in my basement and want to understand how much it will cost. I'm looking to get an estimate on breaking up the concrete and tapping into those pipes for a toilet, sink, shower. Anyone a plumber that wants to come out an do an estimate or should I make some calls from the yellow pages.

05caddyext
01-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Just the rough in would be pretty cheap. I just did this in my basement, minus the shower. I did the concrete work myself, and hired a plumber who is a friend of my dad. I have about $1500 in the bathroom including vanity, toilet, flooring, ceiling, lights, etc. Adding a shower probably would have been around another 500-1000 bucks depending on what you put in for a shower.

drewbird91
01-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Just the rough in would be pretty cheap. I just did this in my basement, minus the shower. I did the concrete work myself, and hired a plumber who is a friend of my dad. I have about $1500 in the bathroom including vanity, toilet, flooring, ceiling, lights, etc. Adding a shower probably would have been around another 500-1000 bucks depending on what you put in for a shower.
Could you pm me some contact info? Did you bust up the floor yourself? Did the plumber come first and lay stuff out?

05caddyext
01-09-2012, 10:17 PM
The guy doesn't live in WI anymore, he moved this past summer. I did the floor myself yeah, I work at an Ace hardware so I got the jack hammer for free. Took me about 2 hours. A guy I work with had a sewer camera so he was able to find where the pipes were so that made it easy to tie into the existing plumbing. The plumber did the rest for me, laid the new piping, etc.