PDA

View Full Version : New Sprint Phone?

hrsp
11-25-2011, 12:30 PM
So ive had the "samsung Moment W/Google" phone for the past 2 years and im finally able to get a new phone and not pay $500bucks or some shit...lol

my question is what "new" sprint phone do you have and what do you think of it? good or bad reviews!

pOrk
11-25-2011, 01:03 PM
wife and I just upgraded to iPhone 4s and we love them. cost is 200 with new contract, usually I don't spend that much pn phones but with Siri and the awesome camera, totally worth it

Nix
11-25-2011, 01:14 PM
What Pork said. The wife and I also just got the 4S, we had the 3GS and the 4S is the fuckin bomb. We also only went with the 16GB $200 version but that is already more than we even need seeing as we have had the 16GB 3GS for over two years and we only filled up about 9GB worth of space. We however have AT&T but they are identical. I dont know what we are going to do with our old 3GS's yet.

Russ Jerome
11-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Although Sprint continues to suck, no coverage away from freeway hunting I am happy with the Samsung/ Sprint Galaxy S.

Common issues are unable to text some family if in same area code, 4g phone Sprint Only offers 3g in Milwaukee.
Another common issue is the phone will recycle your e-mail forever, cant delete even after your home computer does.
Like all "smart" phones they are actualy stupid, ez tasks like saving a new number or setting alarm clock takes a few minutes of navagating.

wrath
11-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Best phones out there right now are the idiotPhone 4S, Galaxy S2, Bionic, and Razr. The Razr is gimicky, the Bionic is a decent phone even for corporate use, the S2 has incredible specifications and will get ICS in a hurry. The iPhone 4S is another stupid Apple appliance. The same people that like them like Camrys and Cubes.

I'm waiting for the Galaxy Nexus to come out. I've spent way too much time in the last couple months looking to send my BlackBerry out to pasture.

If you can, right now Amazon Wireless has pretty much every phone for a penny. I don't see any reason to keep a contract right now unless you're on Verizon's unlimited plan.

Yooformula
11-25-2011, 10:14 PM
my wife has a google nexus s and loves it. I had one also for about a month then had to swap it out and ended up with a galaxy S2 and this thing is badass! both have excellent battery life imo and do alot of shit but the galaxy is so much faster even with all the crap installed and running not to mention the screen is huge. Took a bit longer to get used to than the nexus but now that I am used to it, I couldnt go back to anything else.

pOrk
11-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Best phones out there right now are the idiotPhone 4S, Galaxy S2, Bionic, and Razr. The Razr is gimicky, the Bionic is a decent phone even for corporate use, the S2 has incredible specifications and will get ICS in a hurry. The iPhone 4S is another stupid Apple appliance. The same people that like them like Camrys and Cubes.

I'm waiting for the Galaxy Nexus to come out. I've spent way too much time in the last couple months looking to send my BlackBerry out to pasture.

If you can, right now Amazon Wireless has pretty much every phone for a penny. I don't see any reason to keep a contract right now unless you're on Verizon's unlimited plan.

I dont like Camrys or Cubes wiener breath, nice try

Nix
11-26-2011, 01:01 AM
The iPhone 4S is another stupid Apple appliance. The same people that like them like Camrys and Cubes.

I don't have either of those vehicles. I guess Im one of the few this rule dosen't apply.

The vehicles in my garage right now are a 2007 Explorer, 2006 Chrysler 300C and a 2003 Mustang GT.

Do those apply to your rule?

nismodave
11-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Samsung Replenish.....3g.....No extra charge per month.

wrath
11-26-2011, 07:17 AM
I dont like Camrys or Cubes wiener breath, nice try

Normally you're one to be frugal also Kool-aid breath. So, I'd say you joined the cult. I could understand it four and a half years ago when your choice was an iPhone or a BlackBerry. Let's face it, BlackBerrys are still too complex for the general population looking for a fancy JitterBug. People are having the curiosity bred out of them and it's a perfect world for Apple to flourish in. Apple makes great appliances. Between the cult and the fact that their devices are appliances (throw it away when it quits working, no user serviceable parts inside, ease of use like a microwave and just as flexible) they have been incredibly successful.

I don't have either of those vehicles. I guess Im one of the few this rule dosen't apply.

The vehicles in my garage right now are a 2007 Explorer, 2006 Chrysler 300C and a 2003 Mustang GT.

Do those apply to your rule?

Bland and boring appliances to get you from point A to point B. How many times have they been worked on by hands other than yours?

Nix
11-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Bland and boring appliances to get you from point A to point B. How many times have they been worked on by hands other than yours?

Plenty, more than half of the time. That goes for all three. I enjoy my fiber. It keeps me regular. If I got excited everything would be out of whack and that frightens me.

BR3W CITY
11-26-2011, 01:20 PM
I've got an Evo 4g, been on sprint for about 6-8 mo, on the unlimited everything plan (the original one, not the "new" one). Pretty happy with it. Don't get 4g in milwaukee, but got it plenty of other places (idk why but Kentucky has great 4g)

scaleracer
11-26-2011, 03:23 PM
My dad and I just got new Evo 3d's last night and I haven't had a problem yet seems like nice phones

HITMAN
11-27-2011, 05:34 AM
I have an iPhone 4S, replacing an old Android phone, specifically the HTC Zero. The iPhone is great. It does everything I need it to do without any issues. Elegant simplicity.

The iPhone 4S is another stupid Apple appliance. The same people that like them like Camrys and Cubes.

:rolleyes:
It's a phone, ergo it IS AN APPLIANCE. And as such it should be simple and intuitive to operate. The iPhone does it's job very well. As an appliance should. :durr

And for the record, I'm not a fan of Camrys or Cubes. Or, speaking of boring appliances, Chevy/GMC trucks. Must be an awesome commute in your Frigidaire everyday... :yawn:

wrath
11-27-2011, 07:31 AM
I have an iPhone 4S, replacing an old Android phone, specifically the HTC Zero. The iPhone is great. It does everything I need it to do without any issues. Elegant simplicity.

Except it sucks at talking on and the antenna is still garbage. If Apple worried more about making a good product instead of building up a cult and playing patent wars maybe they could keep up with Motorola.

:rolleyes:
It's a phone, ergo it IS AN APPLIANCE. And as such it should be simple and intuitive to operate. The iPhone does it's job very well. As an appliance should. :durr

And for the record, I'm not a fan of Camrys or Cubes. Or, speaking of boring appliances, Chevy/GMC trucks. Must be an awesome commute in your Frigidaire everyday... :yawn:

Not all phones are appliances. Not all computers are appliances. Not all vehicles are appliances. Do you see the correlation?

I like driving my Frigidaire. It's more like a Kelvinator though. Seats are a bit uncomfortable for my liking. However, the blower is wearing out my rear brakes.

pOrk
11-27-2011, 08:16 AM
Its funny that most android phones have half the battery life the iPhone has and twice as many negative reviews. There are a lot of options out there, I did my research and bought the best 200 dollar phone available that my wife wanted and I am more then happy with it. Easy to use and very fast, no complaints here.

johnny--2k
11-27-2011, 02:58 PM
I love my evo 3d. No problems with sprint, IPhone is nice, but here in Dallas i have 4G and use it quite regularly, so that is not an option for me.

hrsp
11-29-2011, 07:53 AM
thanks...going today after work to play with them a bit and see what one i like the most...i loved my samsung moment..but the iphone seems really nice...and now that my Ipod and my 10k+ songs are gone(GRRR) im gonna use my phone for music on the go..

FoxStang
11-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Its funny that most android phones have half the battery life the iPhone has and twice as many negative reviews. There are a lot of options out there, I did my research and bought the best 200 dollar phone available that my wife wanted and I am more then happy with it. Easy to use and very fast, no complaints here.
I'd certainly hope so when you only have to design software for one set of hardware specs, beyond that though, all of the new Android's have excellent battery optimization, pretty amazing considering how many devices it has to work across. And the second you get into modified Androids the battery life of the Apple becomes a moot point, I've yet to see an sheep-phone eek out the battery of a customized Android.

thanks...going today after work to play with them a bit and see what one i like the most...i loved my samsung moment..but the iphone seems really nice...and now that my Ipod and my 10k+ songs are gone(GRRR) im gonna use my phone for music on the go..

There's an app for android wifi syncing your iTunes music to your phone, really, there's no reason why you wouldn't buy a more superior Android device. Especially if you don't plan on upgrading to a new phone all that often. With all of the development on Android, your phone can have all the latest software bells and whistles for years to come.

WickedSix
11-30-2011, 07:10 AM
HTV EVO 4g... love it does everything I need it to do....

badass88gt
12-01-2011, 03:28 AM
What Pork said. The wife and I also just got the 4S, we had the 3GS and the 4S is the fuckin bomb. We also only went with the 16GB $200 version but that is already more than we even need seeing as we have had the 16GB 3GS for over two years and we only filled up about 9GB worth of space. We however have AT&T but they are identical. I dont know what we are going to do with our old 3GS's yet.

Interested in selling one? My 3Gs got stolen.

hrsp
12-03-2011, 08:51 AM
So i decided to go with the Samsung Galaxy 2 4g touch....The screen on it is amazing!! it was between that and the iphone 4 s and they were the same price but i ended up liking the samsung a lil better...the iphone 4s was very nice as well though!

FoxStang
12-03-2011, 07:27 PM
So i decided to go with the Samsung Galaxy 2 4g touch....The screen on it is amazing!! it was between that and the iphone 4 s and they were the same price but i ended up liking the samsung a lil better...the iphone 4s was very nice as well though!
I had a Galaxy S, AMOLED screens are the best. Only thing I really miss on my Bionic.

bikedad
12-04-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm on AT&T but just picked up the Samsung Galaxy S II a week ago.

I F'ing love this phone. Battery life with GPS on and constant use is easily a day and a half (Disclaimer:For me it's a day and a half) It's fast, light, thin and has a large screen (for my 52 year old eyes). the dual 8MP camera is great!
I'll be getting "Ice Cream Sandwich" OS as soon as it's released.
My work phone is an HTC Sense on US Cellular and I can't even make it to the end of the work day on a charge. It's an okay phone but not nearly as nice as the SII.

My daughter who has the new iPhone even likes my Samsung SII. (She's a Mac user. LOL)