PDA

View Full Version : Need For Speed: The Run= Worst Car Game of the Year!

GHOSST
11-22-2011, 07:24 PM
:fire

I haven't been enthusiastic about a NFS game since Most Wanted, playing mostly all the titles since, Hot Pursuit was ok, but mostly all of them combined left me extremely disappointed. So its been awhile, and I thought I would give this one a chance, hoping EA has learned their lesson that you can't compete against the likes Gran Tourismo and Forza, but your the best at making a fun outrageous car game with fun factor over seriousness. But yet again, I'm very disappointed. THIS GAME SUCKS! Its bad enough the concept and storyline blows, based around some gumball 3000 type race across America, and nothing like the commercials suggest, but the worst part is the mechanics! This game is sluggish and completely fails at having any fun factor whatsoever.

If I want a serious car game, I'll play GT. NFS has lost their touch, and its like they don't even care anymore, there just spitting out games for the sake of making a few bucks based of the NFS name. This was their chance to redeem themselves, and they failed. And to throw a little more salt on the wound, the most bad ass cars in the game's tier 1 (Lowest) section, the Mustang GT500, and the Camaro ZL1, are completely trash in this game!!! They are big bulky and handle like shit, like the makers of this game had it out for domestics. They also classify these cars lazily, basing them off what you would need for specific tracks, like the GT500 and ZL1 are in the "difficult handling" category, only good for open highways, while cars like the BMW and Datsun are good for handling. And theres an option to stop at a "Gas Station" to change cars, but you can't do this every race, and why not? Lame. This is just a terribly made racing game, with terrible concepts.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT waste your money on this game! Rent or Game Fly, but trust me you'll be unamused.