PDA

View Full Version : Where to trade guns in???

moels
11-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Just wondering who takes guns on trade......Cabella's, Gander Mountain????

Looking to get rid of a few and pick up a new carry gun, thought it would be easier than trying to sell outright.

Silver350
11-21-2011, 10:02 PM
I believe both do trade in. What you looking to off load?

MurphysLaw88GT
11-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Trade them in to a store like that only if you intend on getting ripped off.

Lash
11-21-2011, 10:46 PM
What do you have for trade?

Slow5oh
11-21-2011, 10:50 PM
gander will rape you on trade in.

They offered me 120 for my m&p when it didn't even have 50 rounds through it

You're best bet would be selling it outright. I was debating the same thing with my Ar-15 as I shoot my pistol pretty often so it'd be fun to get into a 1911 or something

Russ Jerome
11-22-2011, 08:33 AM
"If" you go to Cabelas go to there online sight, scroll thru used gun section and print off same models with prices they want, they have a large selection of used guns online they ship from store to store. I traded in a high end 24" bull barrel target gun years ago, its used value was over a grand but I knew I would take a hit on a "custom" gun, left with a $800 credit I never thought I would get. On the opposite side of the coin look at there used gun's in store, some are actualy a good buy so it goes both ways (I checked and the $800 credit I got for my target rifle had a $1600 asking price, dont know what they got but it sold).

moels
11-22-2011, 09:01 AM
I was thinking of trading a few pistols, but I'm leaning more toward trading my ar-15 for a decent pistol or two. Would love a private trade if anyone has something......

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

GsxrBots
11-22-2011, 12:21 PM
So what do you have for pistols?

UnderPSI
11-23-2011, 12:02 AM
I'm always interested in trades.

nitroxtreme
11-23-2011, 06:59 AM
Most gun dealer and big name stores go off of the gun values blue book. Well when you trade in, It may or may not be current. But they will give you 60% of what they say they will sell it at...But thats BS, they will give you 60% of the value in the blue book and then sell it at 100% of what they gave you, well over what they say its worth...Before you trade in go look at the prices of the used guns and then look at the gun blue book, you will see a big difference. But the thing is. they hold that blue book as gospel when you trade in a gun...but they dont even come close to those prices when they resell them.....Let use know what you have on here. You will make more money on a private sale then trading it in..

CATNHAT
11-23-2011, 08:28 AM
I'm always interested in trades.

Im regretting selling that .44 want to sell it back to me?

fivonut
11-23-2011, 08:31 AM
It's just like trading in a car. Car dealers don't even give you a percentage of blue book anymore they give you a percentage of what they can get your car for at auction. I have taken guns in on trade, but I always tell people they'd be better off selling privately. I don't have a blue book, I usually give a percentage of new wholesale minus a set amount for cleaning/inspecting. It's worked for me so far, but I don't have the sales volume to cover sitting on a bunch of used guns so I try to avoid trades.

Most gun dealer and big name stores go off of the gun values blue book. Well when you trade in, It may or may not be current. But they will give you 60% of what they say they will sell it at...But thats BS, they will give you 60% of the value in the blue book and then sell it at 100% of what they gave you, well over what they say its worth...Before you trade in go look at the prices of the used guns and then look at the gun blue book, you will see a big difference. But the thing is. they hold that blue book as gospel when you trade in a gun...but they dont even come close to those prices when they resell them.....Let use know what you have on here. You will make more money on a private sale then trading it in..

moels
11-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Kind of figured I would get graped trading something to Gander or somewhere, just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Here's what I would like to do - I would like to trade my DPMS AR15 ( never shot ) for a handgun or 2 depending on what a person has. I'm looking for a good CC pistol and if I can get another one to set up for home defense, that would be cool too. If anyone happens to be interested I will provide more info.

BR3W CITY
11-24-2011, 12:17 AM
but then what will u kill zombies with?

Reverend Cooper
11-24-2011, 11:18 AM
wayne i have a shit ton of pistols stop by and look

lilws6
11-24-2011, 12:03 PM
It's just like trading in a car. Car dealers don't even give you a percentage of blue book anymore they give you a percentage of what they can get your car for at auction. I have taken guns in on trade, but I always tell people they'd be better off selling privately. I don't have a blue book, I usually give a percentage of new wholesale minus a set amount for cleaning/inspecting. It's worked for me so far, but I don't have the sales volume to cover sitting on a bunch of used guns so I try to avoid trades.
speaking of trades did you get my rifle handed off to someone who will acually use it?

moels
11-24-2011, 01:53 PM
wayne i have a shit ton of pistols stop by and look

But would you have any use for the AR? Really would like to work a trade and get rid of what I don't use.

Reverend Cooper
11-24-2011, 03:17 PM
i can always use another ar

fivonut
11-24-2011, 04:15 PM
speaking of trades did you get my rifle handed off to someone who will acually use it?

A guy at the Appleton gun show bought it. He saw it and had to have it.

Sent from my ATRIX using tapatalk.

moels
11-24-2011, 04:22 PM
After 5pm today I am off for the weekend Coop. let me know a good time to pop out with it if you're free.

Reverend Cooper
11-24-2011, 09:13 PM
i dont think i will be availible untill next week