Got damn!!!

xxtremeteam
11-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Yes Sir!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-shelby-gt500-mustang-2013.html

What color did you order ?

Prince Valiant
11-15-2011, 08:56 AM
Does anyone remember "Something about Mary", the line when Ben Stiller says "Yeah...until someone comes out with 6 minute abs..."?

it'll be a shame when someone comes out with a 700hp car.

WhatsADSM
11-15-2011, 09:49 AM
650?

Wow that's a lot of power for an off the shelf warranty included car! This thing surely took a shit in the ZL1s cereal.

Now if they could only get that weight down.

BAD LS1
11-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Well It appears the ZL1 is more of a dedicated track car than the Shelby. So I wouldn't cast it off just yet, but it is cool to see the big hp wars are still going. Curious to see if they respond with a ZR1 making 700 now lol

Haulin' Oates
11-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Wow, that's awesome. All the new high HP factory production cars are really turning my interest back towards domestic muscle.

BR3W CITY
11-15-2011, 11:12 AM
I know that people will look toward chevy to see if they try to "one up" this one; but what about Dodge/Chrysler?
They used to be fairly good at one-upsmanship. They need a 700+hp Challenger now. ( I will say unlikely, since they have the Viper for that slot, and seem content to leave it that way)

VroomPshhTsi
11-15-2011, 06:07 PM
650?

Now if they could only get that weight down.

This.
With the ZR1 coming in at 500+ lbs. less than the new gt500, the ZR1 wins the hp-to-weight ratio.

Plum Crazy
11-15-2011, 06:13 PM
And they still havent learned:

The 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels are coupled with Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar G: 2 tires on all vehicle configurations.

When will these manufactures figure out that you need a smaller rim and a wider tire, and that Goodyears are junk?????

DRK
11-15-2011, 06:35 PM
And they still havent learned:

The 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels are coupled with Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar G: 2 tires on all vehicle configurations.

When will these manufactures figure out that you need a smaller rim and a wider tire, and that Goodyears are junk?????

A local guy has a 2011 GT500 that just went 11.3s on 19s and a cat delete

BOSS LX
11-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Check mate! BTW for a more track oriented car look for the BOSS 302 or the new 429???

Oh and Xtreme, white stripe delete!

Prince Valiant
11-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Check mate! What game did you win?

BOSS LX
11-15-2011, 10:37 PM
What game did you win?

No game Prince, just pretty jazzed that Ford is putting out a 200 mph production mustang. Now they just need to bring back the super car!

Prince Valiant
11-15-2011, 11:09 PM
just pretty jazzed understatement :D

animal
11-16-2011, 07:47 AM
just pretty jazzed that Ford is putting out a 200 mph production mustang. Now they just need to bring back the super car!
Don't worry, just the wrong forum to get any kind of real enthusiasm over a ford of any kind :) Shake dem hata's off.

CATNHAT
11-16-2011, 09:12 AM
yes sir!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-shelby-gt500-mustang-2013.html

fap fap fap!

GTSLOW
11-16-2011, 10:30 AM
For a more track oriented car I'd buy a base model 5.0 and build it as need. Track as in autox/road racing.

Waver
11-16-2011, 11:14 AM
650?

Wow that's a lot of power for an off the shelf warranty included car! This thing surely took a shit in the ZL1s cereal.

Now if they could only get that weight down. Since it is going against the Camaro, did they lower the weight of the ZL1 form your standard ss? Last I heard, the Mustang still weighed less.

I know that people will look toward chevy to see if they try to "one up" this one; but what about Dodge/Chrysler?
They used to be fairly good at one-upsmanship. They need a 700+hp Challenger now. ( I will say unlikely, since they have the Viper for that slot, and seem content to leave it that way)I thought the viper was no longer being made, so, with that said, I guess Chrysler really has nothing.

This.
With the ZR1 coming in at 500+ lbs. less than the new gt500, the ZR1 wins the hp-to-weight ratio.

As has been pointed out on this site before (when I said that the GT500 would one day be faster than a corvette) you cant really compair the Mustang to the Vette. Two different class of cars. Besides, since the ZR1 is made of fiberglass, I am assuming that the Corvette will have a weight advantage for a while. The important thing is how both vehicles distribute that weight (Corvette wins that one), and how well the different cars put the power to the ground. With the Shelby having more power, and I am assuming very close to the same power to weight ratio as the Corvette, it should be a close race. Keep in mind, the Mustang is a faster car than the SS, due to its weight advantage, not to power advantage.

Prince Valiant
11-16-2011, 12:22 PM
With the Shelby having more power, and I am assuming very close to the same power to weight ratio as the Corvette...Why assume? It's among the simplest of calculations and takes seconds to do:

Power/Weight=Power to weight ratio

Mustang: 3850lbs/650hp= 5.92 lbs/hp

Corvette ZR1: 3353lbs/638hp= 5.25 lbs/hp

Corvette has a roughly a 12% advantage in terms of power/weight ratio. No need to assume.

I thought the viper was no longer being made, so, with that said, I guess Chrysler really has nothing.
Worlds worst kept secret: the viper returns sometime in 2012 as 2013 model (http://www.allpar.com/cars/viper/2012-dodge-viper.html)

Dealers over a year ago got a preview of what the new viper will look like. Beyond that we know Ferrari is lending it's expertise to the new 8.7 liter v-10. Upcoming HP numbers? We'll see when it gets here.

JC70SS
11-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Honestly who cares that it can do 200mph? I really don't know of many people that can legally do this on a regular basis. Awesome car though, I would buy one in vert form.

Lash
11-16-2011, 03:19 PM
How much is one of these suckers going to cost?

WhatsADSM
11-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Since it is going against the Camaro, did they lower the weight of the ZL1 form your standard ss? Last I heard, the Mustang still weighed less.
They are pretty close to each other in terms of weight now. I think a standard Mustang GT with the 5 liter is a few hundred pounds lighter than the gt500 though. Just sad to see all these new cars come out as porkers :(
Then again take what I say with a grain of salt as my car is kind of the opposite side of the spectrum (low on power, low on weight) so of course I am a bit sensitive.

As has been pointed out on this site before (when I said that the GT500 would one day be faster than a corvette) you cant really compair the Mustang to the Vette. Two different class of cars. Besides, since the ZR1 is made of fiberglass, I am assuming that the Corvette will have a weight advantage for a while. The important thing is how both vehicles distribute that weight (Corvette wins that one), and how well the different cars put the power to the ground. With the Shelby having more power, and I am assuming very close to the same power to weight ratio as the Corvette, it should be a close race. Keep in mind, the Mustang is a faster car than the SS, due to its weight advantage, not to power advantage.
Agreed. SS can't compare to the GF500. Honestly I think the GT500 will even have an edge on the ZL1 for a while (certainly until GM steps up the power).

But yea the ZR1 is just a totally different class of vehicle. Even compared to the GT500. Its a much faster car in the twisties and even a bit faster in the straights I would bet.... But considering (historically) you can buy almost 2 GT500s for the price of a single ZR1... it should be that way. This GT500 sure looks like a HELLUVA car for the money!