PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of Blitzkrieg Motorsports in Caledonia??

77thor
11-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Have you ever heard of Blitzkrieg Motorsports in Caledonia??
Their website says they are located on 43th Street
http://www.blitzkriegmotorsports.com/

They do design, welding, custom fabrication and machining services.

michelle
11-14-2011, 09:14 AM
He built my cage in my white '90 SHO years ago.

77thor
11-14-2011, 10:04 AM
How would you rate their work? and would you use them again?

michelle
11-14-2011, 10:19 AM
You can see some pictures of his work here:
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?53068-FS-Racecar-Project

If you want to see the welds and cage, you are more than welcome to run up to Hubertus and check it out in person.

Adam and I researched and looked at many cages before going with Blitzkrieg. He wasn't the cheapest, but you obviously get what you pay for. He listened to our requests, gave us his own insight, researched club rules (since he doesn't do as many road course cages as drag racing ones), etc.

We were impressed with the quality and work we saw before we dropped the car off and when we picked it up. We also went down a couple times during the process to see the progress and add things here and there.

With any business, you hear negatives and positives. I heard some negatives years later, but in my own experience - I was happy with the work and I would contact him in the future for other projects.

I found out mid-way through the cage build he knew my dad and actually had his old car, the Pony Express, sitting right next to the SHo in his garage. Priceless moment, for sure.

Crawlin
11-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Dennis is a decent guy. He had been racing quite a bit in the past. He bought a friend's 25.5 Trans Am but I think eventually put it up for sale, he didn't built it.

He sponsors the turbo section on yellowbullet if I remember right. Ron at Clocks Off Racing is right in that area as well and he sponsors this board.

To be honest, I thought I had heard Dennis had some personal issues that kept him from doing alot of work lately, but I could be 100% wrong as that was just hearsay. I know his prices were higher than most in the area at the time looking for a cage. However, like Michelle said, he did do good work

jbiscuit
11-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Ron.

Reverend Cooper
11-14-2011, 06:42 PM
Blitzkrieg has been around along time I cant say i have ever seen or head bad things about them,they were going to do a cage in my first car but it got totalled

Car Guy
11-14-2011, 07:03 PM
:wstupid

Dr.Buick
11-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Dennis use to live down the street from me Nice guy good work!

Cryptic
11-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Clock's Off Racing. Sponsor and great work. There's threads here with examples. Dr Buick's Grand National for example.

Dr.Buick
11-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Clock's Off Racing. Sponsor and great work. There's threads here with examples. Dr Buick's Grand National for example.
With all due respect
He did not ASK about Clocks off racing or MY CAR, He asked about Dennis.

blitzkrieg
11-21-2011, 06:05 AM
Thanks Michelle and Jim for the positive comments!

I've been pretty busy the last couple of years between my regular full time job (Electro/mechnical Design Engineer), my other full time job - Blitzkrieg Motorsports, and my consulting/prototyping business. To say the least it puts some stress on your personal life. Put the racing on hold the last couple of years to put more focus into Blitzkrieg, the prototyping business and most importantly my family.

We'll be back out racing in 2012 with a few cool projects in the works right now. Also look for some new products to come out from Blitzkrieg this spring. With the purchase of a CNC machine last summer it gives us more capabilities to do custom machining in house.

As always - you can find me over the YellowBullet.com forums as I am one of the moderators over there.

P.S. - I think website will finally be updated over the Holidays!
Thansk - Dennis