PDA

View Full Version : Future Engine Technolgy

spooln30
11-12-2011, 12:17 AM
I seen this in the new Popular Science and looked it up on their site and this is some cool technology. Not only is the engine amazing but their turbo is just as bad ass. The turbo is a electronically controlled turbo. There's a motor inside the turbo that will spool the turbo to what ever wheel speed you want. Which would create a lag-less turbo. There are similar turbos but I think this one is ahead of the rest. Btw the engine that was in PS magazine was a 1.2 liter 160hp and capable of getting 100 MPG. Crazy.

http://www.ecomotors.com/technology

Al
11-12-2011, 12:35 AM
Didn't Popular Science also promise us a "space elevator" by 2020?

spooln30
11-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Did you go to the web site? This is technology now and will be introduced into the market with in 2-3 years. But yes PS did have something like that if I can remember correctly .

BR3W CITY
11-12-2011, 11:38 AM
they didn't promise the elevator, only said that carbon nano tube technology would be good enough that be 2020 it could be done.

a 100mpg 160 hp 1.2 would be the perfect engine for the compact car platform, and I'm sure the same tech could be applied to larger displacement. I wouldn't mind a 320hp 2.4l that got 55mpg :)

MurphysLaw88GT
11-12-2011, 12:27 PM
I have an electric leaf blower turbocharger on my Saturn.

Al
11-12-2011, 09:30 PM
I went to that web page and the only thing that I found was a bunch of talk, but absolutely no real-world data to back any of the claims made.

Advantages:
•Dramatically increased fuel economy

Really! How do I invest in this company? Their stuff is totally legit!

I also like how this company claims that their engines will be cheaper to manufacture! Just about everything is cheap to manufacture. The real costs are not associated with the value of making the parts, but rather the equipment and tooling needed, people, insurance,...

How about the opposed-piston engine on their web page? As if that technology has not been attempted by every major auto maker over the past 100 years. There is a reason why we do not see any Napier-Deltic engines in production right now.

This company looks more like a research firm that a true manufacturing company.

Does this company have any real working models?