PDA

View Full Version : Want to Rent/borrow hammer drill

Wagonbacker9
11-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Need to put a hole in brick facia for a dryer vent... buying a hammer drill for the job will cost more than ALL of the supplies needed for the job. I'll pick up my own bit.

Help me out?

Lash
11-07-2011, 07:18 PM
You should use a dry-core for a 4" vent (5" hole). Anything else will most likely jag up your brick and spaul out. You can rent them at home depot.

Message posted using Tapatalk.

nismodave
11-07-2011, 07:25 PM
You should use a dry-core for a 4" vent (5" hole). Anything else will most likely jag up your brick and spaul out. You can rent them at home depot.

Message posted using Tapatalk.

This^

Wagonbacker9
11-07-2011, 07:27 PM
the vent cap should hide a pretty jacked up hole, and expanding foam should handle the lost insulation better than what its replacing... Its not actual brick... just fascia.

If I have to do it without a hammer drill I think I can get away with a hole saw, my angle grinder, and a hammer and chissel.

awsomeears
11-07-2011, 07:45 PM
^^ If you can't take a professional recommendation then don't post DIY stuff ^^

You have to realized there are all Trades on here that do this for a living, if you want Hack search on Craigs List !!!

And don't say " yea its easy "

I have all the tools to do almost everything including a hole as big as my head ( well not that big ) but us Pro's can't just lend out tools to someone that clearly doesn't care how it turns out.

I'm not bashing just letting you know, the HELP is here just take it as it is True

:)

Wagonbacker9
11-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Didn't mean to come off as dismissing the suggestion, but as they say there is more than one way to skin a cat. I do care how it turns out, I'm just not going to sweat how round a hole is that is sandwiched between a vent plate on one side, and the sheathing on the other. The end result will be the same.

awsomeears
11-07-2011, 10:12 PM
The end result won't be the same if you had the mind set of

" Take pride in your work "

But to each his own !!!

Wagonbacker9
11-07-2011, 10:28 PM
The end result won't be the same if you had the mind set of

" Take pride in your work "

But to each his own !!!

I have to balance "do it right" with "limited funds" and "woman who needs it done now". Not my ideal position. I'd far rather buy all the tools I need to do it right, or just pay a contractor to do it and call it a day, but compromises must be made.

Yooformula
11-07-2011, 11:16 PM
home depot rents them out for a decent price.

Wagonbacker9
11-07-2011, 11:24 PM
sweet. I'll look into it.