PDA

View Full Version : CCW Permits

Rocket Power
11-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Who has sent theirs in so far?

I wonder how long it'll take. Hopefully not the whole 45 days ;)

BlackLightning
11-04-2011, 02:29 PM
I dropped mine off at the post office around 9:30 tuesday morning. no license here yet. there are guys on opencarry forum who have gotten theirs already.

fivonut
11-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Mailed mine Wednesday. Sounds like many of the people who handed them in personally Tuesday morn have gotten theirs in the mail.

Silver350
11-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I mailed mine in Tuesday morning 11/1 on my way to work at 6:45am. The pick up time of the mail was 11:30am that day. I still haven't gotten mine. I was telling my friend I think I am more excited to get something useful, and is not a bill or junk mail in my mailbox for once.

Reverend Cooper
11-04-2011, 08:32 PM
sent mine in tuesday am waiting still

Quick96ss
11-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Do they just need a copy of your drivers license and a copy of your hunters safety card?

fivonut
11-04-2011, 09:24 PM
No copy of DL. Just write down the number and copy your HSC.

Lash
11-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Do you need to provide them with all the crap the list on the form for hunters safety or do you just need the card? I printed up a duplicate off of the wisconsin.gov website, is that good enough? I have no clue how to go about finding the instructors name, number, and all the other stuff they want since I took it back in 1993. You would think that they could automatically check since it's in THEIR system. The duplicate copy only has my info and a verification that I've had HS,noting about the actual course I took or the instructor.

A certificate or affidavit documenting that the applicant has successfully completed a firearms safety or training course must include all of the following: 1) the applicant’s name; 2) the name of the firearms safety or training course; 3) the length in hours of the firearms safety or train-ing course; 4) the date on which the applicant completed the firearms safety or training course; 5) the city and state where the applicant completed the firearms safety or training course; 6) the name, address, and telephone number of the person or entity responsible for the firearms safety or training course. This may be an individual instructor, a national or state organization, a law enforcement agency, an educational institution, a firearms training school, or another public or private institution or organization; 7) The name of the instructor who taught the firearms safety or training course to the applicant and the name of the agency or organization that certified the instructor: 8) A signed statement by the instructor who taught the firearms safety or training course to the applicant affirming that the course satisfied the definition of a firearms safety or training course in s. Jus 17.03(8) and that the applicant successfully completed the course. An affirmation that the applicant merely attended the course is not sufficient to satisfy this requirement. The department has provided a model training certificate for this purpose at: http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/ConcealedCarry.asp.

fivonut
11-04-2011, 11:30 PM
No you shouldn't need all of that if using hunters safety to satisfy the requirement. I'll let you know. I sent mine in Wednesday and all I did was copy my certificate.

HITMAN
11-05-2011, 05:15 AM
Mailed mine in Tuesday morning. No permit yet...

Rifleman WI
11-05-2011, 11:11 AM
My Dad is supposed to send mine in on Monday, Im hoping to have it before the first week of Dec. when i come home on leave..

Slow5oh
11-05-2011, 12:03 PM
mailed mine in tuesday. anyones check get cashed yet?

Lash
11-05-2011, 02:26 PM
No you shouldn't need all of that if using hunters safety to satisfy the requirement. I'll let you know. I sent mine in Wednesday and all I did was copy my certificate.

I guess I'll find out...lol. Mailed mine today.

lit666
11-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Mailed it Tuesday about 9AM, still nothing, no check cashed either.

LIL EVO
11-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Mine is on the way as of today in a huge priority envelope. Should be there monday.

Silver350
11-05-2011, 06:44 PM
People on wicarry were getting there permits before there checks got cashed so right now there is no way of knowing if they even open your letter.

DirtyMax
11-06-2011, 12:41 PM
A news brief yesterday said they received 20,500 apps by 4pm Friday and had approved about 900 ish and had mailed out 800 of those already.

Slow5oh
11-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Damn this may take awhile

Reverend Cooper
11-06-2011, 03:22 PM
i printed my hunter safety cert right off the dnr website so it was for sure what they wanted.and sent that shit in

Lash
11-06-2011, 04:01 PM
i printed my hunter safety cert right off the dnr website so it was for sure what they wanted.and sent that shit in

That's what I ended up doing too.

lilws6
11-06-2011, 08:03 PM
wait so am i hearing this right all i need is my hunter saftey card and dl # i thought there was more to this ccw thing. at work we just got the right to carry in the store so i'll be putting this thru soon as i get some money. also where do i get the form from?

Slow5oh
11-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Yes but I'd recommend a hands on class to get the legalities and a little knowledge on the subject. Also 50.00 check or money order

lilws6
11-06-2011, 08:20 PM
was going to take the class since last i heard you needed the class but i would like to take a class yet for like you said legalities

Slow5oh
11-06-2011, 08:38 PM
http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/ConcealedCarry.asp

2011 Wisconsin Act 35 created a process for Wisconsin residents to obtain concealed carry licenses. The Department of Justice is working diligently to implement this legislation. Emergency rules implementing the process and listing recognized out-of-state licenses are now approved .
FAQs
This Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document answers some of the most common questions regarding Wisconsin’s new law. Other questions may be answered by this Department of Natural Resources FAQ.

Address Changes: Important
Please ensure that you have notified the Department of Transportation (DOT) of any address change as required by law. The current residential address that you list on your concealed carry application MUST be the same as the one registered with DOT or your application will be denied. You can make address changes with DOT online at: http://www.dot.state.wi.us/drivers/drivers/address-change.htm

Applications for CCW Licenses
Concealed Carry Application Form Printing Help: Some printers do not automatically scale the document and will cut off the bottom of the document’s pages. In this case, you may need to change the Page Scaling setting in your Print window to “Shrink to Printable Area.” There are signatures required on pages 2, 3, and 4. If you do not have signature blocks on those pages, you are not printing the entire document.

After you complete the application you can mail it to:

Wisconsin Department of Justice
Attn: Firearms Unit
PO Box 7130
Madison, WI, 53707-7130

If you do not have online access, you can mail a request to the above address and an application will be mailed to you.

Your application must:
Be completely filled out
Be signed in all areas indicated, to include the statement that the information provided in the application and any document submitted with the application is true and complete to the best of the applicant’s knowledge.
Include a check made out to the Wisconsin Department of Justice in the amount of $50.
Include a copy of your proof of training.
Training Requirements
Act 35 requires applicants to provide proof of firearms safety training. Any one of the below listed documents will be accepted as proof of meeting the law’s training requirement:
1. The hunter education program established under s. 29.591 or a substantially similar program that is established by another state, country, or province and that is recognized by the department of natural resources. (Note: you can obtain a duplicate Wisconsin hunter education certificate instantly online)

2. An unrevoked concealed carry license from another state or jurisdiction. You must enclose the affirmation form DJ-LE-289 verifying it is not revoked for cause. The license may be current or expired.

3. Proof of military, law enforcement, or security firearms training.
Former military: DD214 or DD256 form showing either “honorable” or “general under honorable conditions” discharge or release from the US military.
Active military: Certificate of completion of basic training with service record of successful completion of small arms training.
Law enforcement: Certification letter from the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board or Law Enforcement Standards Board Transcript of Recruit Course Completion from Wisconsin or another state.
Security: Department of Safety and Professional Services Firearms Certification of Proficiency or similar course in another state.
4. Department of Justice Firearm Safety Course certificate (issued by DOJ-certified instructors).

5. Firearms safety or training certificate from a course taught by a national or state organization that certifies firearms instructors, or by an instructor certified by a national or state organization that certifies firearms instructors, or to the public by a law enforcement agency. If you participate in one of these courses, attach a copy of the certificate or affidavit from that course containing the following information:

Applicant’s name
Name of the firearms safety or training course.
Length of the firearms safety or training course (Minimum is 4 hours).
Date on which the applicant completed the firearms safety or training course
The city and state in which the applicant completed the firearms safety or training course
The name, address, and telephone number of the person or entity responsible for the firearms safety or training course (may be an individual instructor, national or state organization, law enforcement agency, educational institution, firearms training school, or another public or private institution or organization)
The name of the instructor who taught the firearms safety or training course and the name of the agency or organization that certified the instructor if different than above.
A signed statement by the instructor who taught the course affirming that the course satisfied the definition of a firearms safety or training course in s. JUS 17.03(8) and that the applicant successfully completed the course
**Any one of the proof of training documents listed in #1-#5 are sufficient. For example, a person who submits a DNR hunter education certificate is not required to submit documentation of #2-#5.

73MACH
11-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Mine is going in the mailbox in the morning!!!

lilws6
11-06-2011, 08:42 PM
damn i just found it too before you posted that sorry :)

Slow5oh
11-06-2011, 08:51 PM
no need to be sorry just helping out

Rocket Power
11-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Mailed mine out 11/2 hope to have it around Turkey day, but we'll see...

Brian98GTP
11-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Sent mine in first thing Tues morn, too. Also printed off a new certificate for $3 off the DNR website, just so the address was matching with the check and application and whatnot. I didn't want to give them a single reason to deny the application.
My check wasn't cashed yet, and no permit either.

BigSnailBuick
11-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Sending mine in tomorrow. Been soo busy all week!!!

moels
11-07-2011, 08:03 AM
So instead of paying $100 - $125 for the CC class, you could just do a $10 hunter's safety program and be good? That's kinda funny.

Rocket Power
11-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Its kind of like getting your motorcycle license. You can go take the freebie road test down at the DMV or you can take the MSF course where you can learn things that you wouldn't otherwise know and pay a bit more. I took the MSF course. ;)

That_Guy
11-07-2011, 02:47 PM
SO as of today 4hr training was stripped from the requirement. hmmm

Rocket Power
11-07-2011, 03:23 PM
That's just the 4 hr mandate, you still have to have training.

Lash
11-07-2011, 03:52 PM
If you aren't taking the course, you should at least read through this carefully.

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/student-manual-201110.pdf

lilws6
11-07-2011, 07:42 PM
alot of good info in there^^ took a bit of reading and once you do you realize alot of it is common sense and routine practice.

LIL EVO
11-07-2011, 08:21 PM
The Committee's action focused on several portions of the emergency rules offered by Attorney General J.B. Van Hollens DOJ that exceeded his statutory authority and ignored clear legislative intent.

One of the most important actions involved the Legislature eliminating many of the onerous requirements associated with the information that must be provided on a license applicant's training certificate (no training certificates issued anywhere in the country met the DOJ criteria prior to the announcement of the emergency rules). Another involved the elimination of the requirement that all training classes be a minimum of four hours. This is an issue the Legislature debated during the process that culminated in the passage of the new law and it is clear that it never intended for the DOJ to impose any specific curriculum or length of training class requirements.

WI_Dave
11-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Sent mine in first thing Tues morn, too. Also printed off a new certificate for $3 off the DNR website, just so the address was matching with the check and application and whatnot. I didn't want to give them a single reason to deny the application.
My check wasn't cashed yet, and no permit either.

Exactly how I did mine Tues. morning. I am kinda pissed off, I never even thought of going there in person. Thats how people that got them back already did it, hell none that got mailed were there on Tues. they had nothing to do but approve the 140 that went in person.

Rocket Power
11-08-2011, 03:31 PM
The Committee's action focused on several portions of the emergency rules offered by Attorney General J.B. Van Hollens DOJ that exceeded his statutory authority and ignored clear legislative intent.

One of the most important actions involved the Legislature eliminating many of the onerous requirements associated with the information that must be provided on a license applicant's training certificate (no training certificates issued anywhere in the country met the DOJ criteria prior to the announcement of the emergency rules). Another involved the elimination of the requirement that all training classes be a minimum of four hours. This is an issue the Legislature debated during the process that culminated in the passage of the new law and it is clear that it never intended for the DOJ to impose any specific curriculum or length of training class requirements.

If they would have finished the job there would have been less confusion. They should have a minimum time and a minimum course cirriculum as part of it. If your going to have a requirement, you should have standards for that requirement. You have people taking a 10 hr hunter safety course which has NOTHING to do with CCW but somehow a 4 hr minimum course that actually deals with the subject is too much? Give me a break.

DirtyMax
11-08-2011, 05:03 PM
JB Van Hollen mailed me a letter today, Inside it was CCW permit # 969.

Rocket Power
11-08-2011, 05:13 PM
When did you mail it?

Silver350
11-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Got mine today 1027

DirtyMax
11-08-2011, 06:08 PM
When did you mail it?

Tuesday afternoon.

fivonut
11-08-2011, 10:55 PM
As far as I'm concerned any requirement, period, is going to far. So, yes, mandating curriculum and course length was too much. Not to mention , even if the legislature wasn't doing their job, it is not within the AG's power to do it for them and he had no business trying to. Sorry for the OT.

I mailed mine Wednesday morn, no word yet....

If they would have finished the job there would have been less confusion. They should have a minimum time and a minimum course cirriculum as part of it. If your going to have a requirement, you should have standards for that requirement. You have people taking a 10 hr hunter safety course which has NOTHING to do with CCW but somehow a 4 hr minimum course that actually deals with the subject is too much? Give me a break.

lit666
11-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Those that received their permits have your checks cashed yet?

DirtyMax
11-09-2011, 11:30 AM

That's a negative...

lit666
11-09-2011, 05:03 PM
damn was hoping for today but nothing

GsxrBots
11-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Nothing here yet either. Sent mine out on "opening day". :)

HTC EVO 3G with tapatalk.

Silver350
11-09-2011, 06:29 PM

X2 I would of thought we would of seen the checks get cashed and then two weeks later get our permits in the mail.

Rocket Power
11-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Nothing here either :( Of course mine went out the second day so it'll probably be christmas eve. lol

WI_Dave
11-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Mine came today. #22xx

Plum Crazy
11-10-2011, 05:11 PM
The class i took, i liked. Everybody should be aware of the legal ramifiactions of carrying/discharging a firearm. Hunters safety shouldnt count IMO. Mailing mine tommorrow, when it gets in, mailing for Utah and FL.

BlackLightning
11-10-2011, 05:26 PM
no license here yet either but my check is showing it was cashed today. no mail tomorrow though :(

GsxrBots
11-10-2011, 05:50 PM
The class i took, i liked. Everybody should be aware of the legal ramifiactions of carrying/discharging a firearm. Hunters safety shouldnt count IMO. Mailing mine tommorrow, when it gets in, mailing for Utah and FL.

Don't bother sending in your Utah permit, they won't give you one if you have a WI one.

Plum Crazy
11-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Don't bother sending in your Utah permit, they won't give you one if you have a WI one.

Why is that?

GsxrBots
11-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Why is that?

The out of state Utah permit is only valid for people who can't get a permit in their own state. Says so right on the application and on their site.
Not sure about Florida.

lit666
11-10-2011, 06:37 PM
So is my Utah permit voided if I get my WI permit?

GsxrBots
11-10-2011, 06:40 PM
So is my Utah permit voided if I get my WI permit?

As far as I can tell by everything I've read, our (I have one too) Utah Out of State Carry permit was void on November 1st. Whether you apply for WI CCW or not..

BlackLightning
11-10-2011, 08:04 PM
As far as I can tell by everything I've read, our (I have one too) Utah Out of State Carras fay permit was void on November 1st. Whether you apply for WI CCW or not..

This was all I could find. It's not void. This shows when/if we renew utah you have to send a copy of your WI license otherwise you won't be getting it renewed.

"One major change in the new law is regarding some non-resident applicants for the Utah concealed firearm permit. If a non-resident applicant is from a state that either has a formal reciprocity agreement with Utah or recognizes the Utah concealed firearm permit, the applicant must hold and provide proof of a current concealed firearm or concealed weapon permit issued by the applicant’s state of residency upon application for the Utah concealed firearm permit. This change will not affect those applicants who reside in a state that does not have formal reciprocity or recognition with Utah, i.e. California, New York, Kansas, etc. Renewal applications will be under this new requirement starting January 1, 2012."

HITMAN
11-11-2011, 04:13 AM
Check was cashed on the 10th, but no permit yet.

Rifleman WI
11-11-2011, 05:45 AM
mine, my dad and my uncles went out earlier this week. im hoping to have it before the beginning of Dec. when i am home on leave.

lit666
11-11-2011, 06:30 AM
check went through this morning, so I guess the info I sent them was good enough, just the waiting game now

GsxrBots
11-11-2011, 07:25 AM
This was all I could find. It's not void. This shows when/if we renew utah you have to send a copy of your WI license otherwise you won't be getting it renewed.

"One major change in the new law is regarding some non-resident applicants for the Utah concealed firearm permit. If a non-resident applicant is from a state that either has a formal reciprocity agreement with Utah or recognizes the Utah concealed firearm permit, the applicant must hold and provide proof of a current concealed firearm or concealed weapon permit issued by the applicant’s state of residency upon application for the Utah concealed firearm permit. This change will not affect those applicants who reside in a state that does not have formal reciprocity or recognition with Utah, i.e. California, New York, Kansas, etc. Renewal applications will be under this new requirement starting January 1, 2012."

Thanks for finding that. That must have recently changed. No worries now! Although now you MUST have a WI permit before you can apply for the Utah one. Hmmm. Wonder about Florida..
Still didn't get my permit yesterday, and no mail today :(

lilws6
11-11-2011, 01:52 PM
check went through this morning, so I guess the info I sent them was good enough, just the waiting game now
not neccesarily true on the form it says the $50 is none refundable doesn't that mean they will cash it either way??

pOrk
11-11-2011, 08:42 PM
10 more jobs created by Scott Walker, albeit temporary:

Concealed Carry Weapons License Associate - LTE
Job Announcement Code(s): 11-05413

County(ies):
Dane
Classification Title: / JAC:
Job Working Title:
LICENSE/PERMIT PROGRAM ASSOCIATE 11-05413
Concealed Carry Weapons License Associate
Type of Employment:
Full Time (40 hrs/week)
Salary:
$15.00 per hour.
Kate Chappell, Human Resources Specialist, 608-266-0619, chappellkj@doj.state.wi.us.
Bargaining Unit:
Non-Represented
Area of Competition:
Open
Deadline to Apply:
11/28/2011
Application materials will be accepted until the needs of the department are met. First review of materials will occur on or about November 21, 2011.
Exam Information:
Exam cannot be previewed.

In an effort to continue to implement the provisions cited under Senate Bill 93: Wisconsin Concealed Carry Law, the Department of Justice is recruiting for ten (10) Limited Term Employees to serve as License Permit Program Associates.

Rocket Power
11-12-2011, 12:56 AM
Guess they needed more, because hired for that earlier this year too

lit666
11-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Got it, #3274

Slow5oh
11-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Still nothing :(

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Slow5oh
11-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Anyone know if they cash your check even if you don't qualify?

Lash
11-12-2011, 06:00 PM
So, based off the permit #s people are getting on here, they are sending out approx 500/day.

Message posted using Tapatalk.

Wagonbacker9
11-12-2011, 06:07 PM
So, based off the permit #s people are getting on here, they are sending out approx 500/day.

At that rate, the 30K sent in by last weds will take 60 days. But, thats assuming everyone is approved.

Reverend Cooper
11-12-2011, 07:11 PM
hmmm i still dont have mine

GsxrBots
11-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Me neither. Sent mine in on the first day.. :(

Lash
11-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Well, I thought I read somewhere that they got 20,000 applications on the first day. So it might be a while even if it was sent in right away.

Brian98GTP
11-13-2011, 08:13 PM
I didn't get mine yet, either... and it was sent in on the first day. My check was cashed on the 10th.

I'm 99% sure that the DOJ website says you'll get your check returned to you if you're denied.

Rocket Power
11-13-2011, 08:58 PM
All incomplete applications will be returned along with the payment. Any accepted application where the applicant is found to be ineligible for a con-cealed weapon license will be denied and the payment will not be returned.

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/concealed-carry-application-11-11.pdf

BlackLightning
11-14-2011, 05:55 PM
I got mine today. #3617

Lash
11-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Looks like I'll be waiting awhile.

Slow5oh
11-14-2011, 07:43 PM
i really don't think it matters if sent out the first day or the 3rd it's all going to a PO box so there can't be any order guess it's just luck of the draw. Still nothin here :(

HITMAN
11-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Mine came today. Cool, now I'm licensed in two states.

WilliamZ
11-15-2011, 12:08 AM
I got mine last Friday or Saturday. Mailed mine on that 1st Tuesday.

Slow5oh
11-15-2011, 10:42 PM
cashed check today so i guess that's a good sign, I was starting to get a little worried

GsxrBots
11-15-2011, 10:44 PM
Cashed my check finally yesterday. Nothing in the mailbox today :(

fivonut
11-16-2011, 08:06 AM
My check cashed today, mailed mine the 2nd.

Rocket Power
11-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Still no check cashed and no permit for me or my wife :(

HITMAN
11-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Just heard a blurb for Vicki McKenna's radio show for tomorrow about how the WI DOJ is turning down tons of CC applications. It'll be interesting to hear what the reasons are.

fivonut
11-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Just heard a blurb for Vicki McKenna's radio show for tomorrow about how the WI DOJ is turning down tons of CC applications. It'll be interesting to hear what the reasons are.

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/ccw-most-common-reasons-for-rejection.pdf

Slow5oh
11-17-2011, 01:03 PM
mailed the second #6667 today

Rocket Power
11-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Still waiting on mailman for today. With my luck my wife's will come and mine will show up in the 45th day. LOL

ETA , none today :(

73MACH
11-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Still waiting. Sent mine in a week and a half ago.

Rocket Power
11-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Our checks went through, now just waiting ....

moels
11-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Finally have the time to take the class this Monday. I will send my stuff in asap, hope it doesn't take too long to get it.

fivonut
11-20-2011, 12:29 AM
Mailed app Nov 2nd, check cashed Nov 15th, received today, permit #89xx.

Slow5oh
11-20-2011, 12:54 AM
just wondering for the asshats that don't allow concealed carry where are they putting the stickers?

The ones I've seen around west bend have been terribly placed, there should be some sort of law it has to be eye level on the door.

One at gordie isn't even on their doors it's on the window to the left right next to pane in the window which at night is damn near invisible. Anyone finding a lot of businesses that aren't allowing?

Rocket Power
11-20-2011, 02:13 AM
PF Changs at Mayfair, next to revolving door on window to the right, but since mayfair has a no weapons policy don't know if it's their choice or dictated by the mall. Noticed it tonight, but the 55 min wait had more to do with me leaving than the sign.

Oh and nothing today, maybe monday...

GsxrBots
11-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Got mine today, #8351
Thank you Scott Walker!

Brian98GTP
11-21-2011, 06:34 PM
I recieved mine on the 14th. Number 4xxx something, and it was sent out on the first day. Like stated above, its just the luck of the draw. I'm sure they're just pulling them off a 6ft tall pile of mail, one at a time, lol.

SouthSide1
11-21-2011, 07:00 PM
got mine saturday and i mailed it the 2nd

SouthSide1
11-21-2011, 07:00 PM
#7400 sumthin

Rocket Power
11-21-2011, 10:26 PM
The mailman is mocking me. I got NO mail today, That almost NEVER happens.

Slow5oh
11-21-2011, 10:28 PM
I had one of those days, then the next it came so hopefully it goes the same for you!

Rocket Power
11-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Nothing today, did see on another forum someone got their's today and there # was 10,XXX.

lilws6
11-22-2011, 10:08 PM
i should probably hurry and send mine in lol i'll never get mine if i don't lol

fivonut
11-22-2011, 10:44 PM
i should probably hurry and send mine in lol i'll never get mine if i don't lol

At this point you're better off waiting until after Dec 1st because they are required by law to have it to you in 21 days.

LIL EVO
11-23-2011, 04:49 PM
My check was cashed yesterday, no permit yet

Lash
11-23-2011, 06:34 PM
My payment was cleared on Monday. No permit, and since I didn't get it today, I dont expect it anytime soon with the holiday.

pOrk
11-23-2011, 08:26 PM
I sent mine in last Saturday along with my buddy Todd, and his check was cashed today ( mine was not ). Wonder if they are just going through all the enevelops as they get them and depositing checks or if they aren't going in any order whatsoever?

Rocket Power
11-25-2011, 03:49 AM
They're in the 12,000's now. Hope to get mine soon.

Silver350
11-25-2011, 05:56 PM
I believe DOJ promised to have it to you in 45 days but there is no law against it, or penalties if you do not get it by that time.

Rocket Power
11-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Nothing today,but I'm sure it won't be the whole 45 days its only been 23 days since I've sent it in.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

moels
12-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Sent my application in Monday the 21st. My check cleared my bank today so I hope that means the permit will be hitting my mailbox soon.

Coops Brother
12-01-2011, 08:48 PM
I sent mine in on the 1st, my check cleared the bank on the 15th, and still nothing in the mail...

Lash
12-01-2011, 09:37 PM
I didn't get anything yet either. Its been 10 days since my check cleared and counting.....

Rocket Power
12-02-2011, 01:51 AM
Mailed 11/2
check cleared 11/17
Nothing yet, wife got her's 11/26

WI_Dave
12-02-2011, 09:48 AM
A buddy of mine mailed his on the 2nd and still nothing. Another guy I know just got his a few days ago and he's in the 15xxx numbers.

hotrod96z28
12-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Mailed mine on the 2nd. They cashed my check on the 15th. Received my license yesterday 12-2. #14***

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.588747,-87.922604

Rocket Power
12-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Finally got mine today!

LIL EVO
12-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Every business that I've been to from the local hardware store to dealerships have the no weapons signs up. Pretty stupid

Slow5oh
12-14-2011, 07:18 PM
INFORM them, that's the best thing, especially let them know about the liability issue because I lot of businesses don't know about it.

That_Guy
12-14-2011, 10:28 PM
still havent gotten mine. i mailed it out on the 5th

Rifleman WI
12-15-2011, 12:44 AM
Got mine last sat, i need a Subcompact, my Full Size XDm Sux to carry around.. its HUGE!!

Rocket Power
12-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Sure doesn't take long to get used to. Even with my fullsize 4003.

73MACH
12-15-2011, 06:45 PM
Still waiting on mine........already have my gun, picked up a S&W bodyguard .380. This gun is tiny compared to my glock! Been wearing the new holster around the house to break it in. Seems like it's going to take awhile
to loosen up.

Slow5oh
12-15-2011, 10:24 PM
What kind of holster are you using for the xdm? I carried my full size 1911 with out an issue, only time it was noticeable was in the truck. The M&P I forget I even have on some times.

Reverend Cooper
12-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Finally got my license will be carrying tomorrow

That_Guy
12-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Got my permit. woo!

Lash
12-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Ugh! Where the eff is mine?!? I feel like I've been waiting forever.....

Reverend Cooper
12-17-2011, 08:08 AM
lash JB Vanhollen said Knock Knock

Rocket Power
12-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Ugh! Where the eff is mine?!? I feel like I've been waiting forever.....I thought JB was hatin' on me, mine and the wifes were both mailed on 11/2, both checks cashed 11/17 she got hers 11/26, I finally just got mine a few days ago. It comes when you're about ready to give up. lol

Lash
12-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Merry Christmas to me! :banana;)

Irish
12-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Anyone else carrying a 1911?

73MACH
12-23-2011, 01:20 AM
FINALLY got mine!!!

WI_Dave
12-23-2011, 08:59 AM
A buddy got his yesterday # 28,xxx

73MACH
12-23-2011, 09:56 AM
mine is #29,xxx

LIL EVO
12-23-2011, 08:18 PM
30303 yaahooo

SSmike1
12-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Finally got mine! :)

pOrk
12-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Sent mine in 47 days ago and got it today, 37609

73MACH
01-02-2012, 11:25 PM
The 9'oclock channel 6 news said today that the DOJ announced that they are NOT going to be making the 45 day deadline on the rest of the current applications due to short-handed and high numbers of apps still coming in.......I feel sorry for those who are still waiting....

Slow5oh
01-02-2012, 11:28 PM
I did for a weekend, it honestly wasnt much different then carrying my m&p45

bikedad
01-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Got mine today!! Sent in 29 days ago 40xxx

Xephona
01-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Sent Dec 9th, received Jan 7th, Issued Jan 6th.

moels
01-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Sent 11-21, check cleared 12/1, No fucking permit yet! Fuck!!!!!

Reverend Cooper
01-07-2012, 11:56 AM
U pedophiles cant get one ^ lol

moels
01-07-2012, 12:53 PM
That was years ago, it should be off my record. ;)

BigSnailBuick
01-08-2012, 10:15 PM

Right here good sir.. Rocking the Galco jackass rig. I personally love the weight on my shoulders. To each his own :)

Plum Crazy
01-14-2012, 07:42 AM
Sent 11/21, got it today.#48651

moels
01-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Sent 11/21, also got mine today. #509**

davidrab
01-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Sent 1/1, check cashed 1/12, got it today. #56xxx

They are getting quicker.

Wagonbacker9
05-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Late to the party, but application hit the mail today.

Big thanks goes to Wisconsin Carry, Inc. for putting on free training. Always nice when an organization makes it easier to exercise rights without financial burden.

Holeshot
05-21-2012, 06:37 PM

Big thanks goes to Wisconsin Carry, Inc. for putting on free training. Always nice when an organization makes it easier to exercise rights without financial burden.

Great bunch of guys that really emphasize on the legalities. Did you meet Nic Clark president of Wisconsin Carry Inc ? His biceps are as big as my calfs. LOL

Check these sites out.

http://www.armedbadger.com/index.php?sid=c6aafa4ea8eb5bf7b31bdecae8adff87

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forum.php

Wagonbacker9
05-21-2012, 08:57 PM
No, Phil was the trainer, Paul basically facilitated the venue.

wheelsofsteel
05-25-2012, 11:58 AM

Do you know if they are going to be conducting any other training sessions in the near future?

Wagonbacker9
05-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Do you know if they are going to be conducting any other training sessions in the near future?

From what it sounded like, the attendance was taking a dive so they weren't planning anything more for the summer, but will start them up again in fall.

xxtremeteam
05-25-2012, 12:06 PM

my brothers co-worker is running classes they are 50.00 check out www.ccw50.com the instructor is a ozaukee county cop

Mudd Runner
05-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Wisconsin carry inc probably will not be doing to many over the summer because all of the instructors are volunteer. I get updates every time they're hosting a class and can post then up if it is ok'd by the mods.

Josepy
05-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Just sent mine in today. LOL

Wagonbacker9
05-26-2012, 09:25 PM

Mailed 5/21
Approved 5/24
Received 5/26

Holeshot
05-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Mailed 5/21
Approved 5/24
Received 5/26

That was quick as hell. Mine took 19 days

Wagonbacker9
05-26-2012, 09:52 PM
That was quick as hell. Mine took 19 days

Yeah, that has to be nearly same-day turnaround..

lilws6
05-27-2012, 09:26 AM
they must have finally caught back up :) i odn't remember how lon mine took wasn't too long but wasn't quick either like yours

wheelsofsteel
08-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Took the class on 8/9 (as didnt have hunters safety or anything), mailed it all in the next day, received on 8/23

73MACH
08-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Wow! They must be all caught up finally. That's pretty quick. What do you plan on carrying?

Wagonbacker9
08-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Wow! They must be all caught up finally. That's pretty quick. What do you plan on carrying?

They got mine turned around faster than that back at the beginning of the summer.

Took the class on 8/9 (as didnt have hunters safety or anything), mailed it all in the next day, received on 8/23

Mind sharing your permit number? very curious how many there are out there now.

wheelsofsteel
08-29-2012, 08:09 AM
I have a Glock 19 9mm but it's alittle to larger of a frame then I feel like lugging around. So currently in the market for something smaller, less bulky.

The permit # is 1239XX

Wagonbacker9
08-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Wow, so they slowed down... only 14K since the end of May.

Firefighter Z
12-15-2012, 03:42 PM
I heard that Wisconsin was changing some requirements to get the CC. Is Hunter safety still the basic requirement right now?

I've been thinking about getting te CC for some time and now the Mrs. asked if I was going to get one.

PureSound15
12-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Just got mine 2 Weeks ago and only used my hunters safety to qualify - that still works. $3 for reprint of cert and $50 for the license.

Firefighter Z
12-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Yeah I had my reprint HSC a few years ago when my white card finally faded to just that a white card.
Whats the website for the application?

portponies
12-15-2012, 09:12 PM
I took a hunter safety class probably about 35 years ago. Can I get a CC permit with that, or was that too long ago?

bikedad
12-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Yeah I had my reprint HSC a few years ago when my white card finally faded to just that a white card.
Whats the website for the application?

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/ConcealedCarry.asp

I took a hunter safety class probably about 35 years ago. Can I get a CC permit with that, or was that too long ago?

As long as you can make a copy of your Hunter Safety certification it doesn't matter how long ago.

SSDude
12-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Take a class anyways if you truly intend to carry. There's a lot to know about the law and your responsibilities that you never got with Hunter Safety.

Reverend Cooper
12-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Yeah,you can easilly get yourself into legal problems if you don't follow the rules. I agree with SSdude there is alot more to ccw than safety which is what hunters ed teaches

Rocket Power
12-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Take a class anyways if you truly intend to carry. There's a lot to know about the law and your responsibilities that you never got with Hunter Safety.
This, I'm surprised at what people THINK they can do legally.
Take a few hours and go out to WCTC and spend under $30 for the class. Taught by LEOs. My wife took it back when it was $80.
http://www.wctc.edu/programs_&_courses/protective_services/criminal_justice/viewall1.php?type=15

Reverend Cooper
12-16-2012, 09:19 PM
I laugh when people that have a ccw tell me that they cant have a loaded magazine with one in the chamber when they carry also.I grin and say yeah.

Wagonbacker9
12-16-2012, 09:56 PM
I laugh when people that have a ccw tell me that they cant have a loaded magazine with one in the chamber when they carry also.I grin and say yeah.

Those people must not have heard of "revolvers". Fancy new-fangled gadgets.

DerangedPony
03-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Sent it out Tue. afternoon and got the license today. Three day turnaround from the government, not bad.

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Tapatalk 2

Wagonbacker9
03-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Sent it out Tue. afternoon and got the license today. Three day turnaround from the government, not bad.

Way better than the DMV, thats for sure.

-stew-
03-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Sent mine out Monday. Nothing in the mail yet, check ain't been cashed.

DerangedPony
03-23-2013, 03:55 PM
I did a money order so that may be why it was a little quicker.

-stew-
03-27-2013, 03:04 PM
Came today.

Russ Jerome
10-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Old topic , late SEP early OCT 2014: Mailed Monday and received Friday, used money order to expediate. #23439X