PDA

View Full Version : question about insurance claim

jamestown478
11-03-2011, 03:15 PM
earlier in the year I had made a claim on my insurance due to hail damage to the car. They fixed the hood, trunk and a fender that got messed up. I have a drop top but they refused to replace the top because the only damage that was done to the top was a little bit of the seam by the rear window pealed. Ever since the hail the rear window has leaked and I have told the insurance company about it but they still did nothing. Now after a good rainstorm on the car and the excessive amount of water that leaked into the car and onto the electronics that sit below it I now have a shorted out comfort control module or whatever audi calls it that controls basically everything in the car. Would that be a comprehensive claim or would I be fucked and have to pay out of pocket to get that replaced?

FoxStang
11-04-2011, 08:46 PM
earlier in the year I had made a claim on my insurance due to hail damage to the car. They fixed the hood, trunk and a fender that got messed up. I have a drop top but they refused to replace the top because the only damage that was done to the top was a little bit of the seam by the rear window pealed. Ever since the hail the rear window has leaked and I have told the insurance company about it but they still did nothing. Now after a good rainstorm on the car and the excessive amount of water that leaked into the car and onto the electronics that sit below it I now have a shorted out comfort control module or whatever audi calls it that controls basically everything in the car. Would that be a comprehensive claim or would I be fucked and have to pay out of pocket to get that replaced?

Comp, if they don't want to cover it consider getting a lawyer and a different company.

Wagonbacker9
11-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Comp, if they don't want to cover it consider getting a lawyer and a different company.

+1. I hope you have documentation that you tried to communicate with them regarding the repair. It will make your life MUCH easier in resolving the process. If you can't document, then theres very little chance they'll settle.